Feb 17, 2013

I read your posting regarding contact from Stay PC. I also am in a similar situation. Did everything work out with StayPC?

everetted wrote:
They say that they have a renter for my unit and will pay by Paypal, wire transfer or cashiers check using their contract or mine. I sent them a Redweek contract which they have signed and I'm now waiting for my check due in a couple of days. As far as I could determine, they are legitimate but will soon find out for sure.

Jim C.
Mar 02, 2013

We bought a right to use contract on 2/27/13 from the developer at Miramar in Playa del Coco in Guanacaste Costa Rica. We were told we could deposit our weeks with RCI, HSI or Platinum Resort Services. I started regretting the purchase almost immediately. We were also told we could not cancel the contract because we were given credit back towards the purchase by depositing back this years weeks. What is the recission period or cancellation period of a contract normally?

jayjay wrote:
wendyo53 wrote:
Does anyone know the facts about this and where I can find them? We still have 9 days to cancel our purchase.

I assume you bought from a developer timeshare salesperson via a presentation. I don't know where you bought but in 99% of cases you can buy what you want on the resale market for pennies on the dollar of what a devloper bought timeshare costs.

First, if it were me, I would rescind until you can thoroughly research timeshare resales .... if after you've done your research then you can always go back to the developer and buy from them if you don't find what you're looking for on the resale market.

Jay R.
Mar 02, 2013

we rescinded. Thanks for your help.

Wendy O.
Mar 03, 2013

jayr125 wrote:
We bought a right to use contract on 2/27/13 from the developer at Miramar in Playa del Coco in Guanacaste Costa Rica. We were told we could deposit our weeks with RCI, HSI or Platinum Resort Services. I started regretting the purchase almost immediately. We were also told we could not cancel the contract because we were given credit back towards the purchase by depositing back this years weeks. What is the recission period or cancellation period of a contract normally?

It depends on the state or country as to the rescission period. You can google to see find what Costa Rica's timeframe is for rescission.

Edited to add: According to this website there is no timeshare rescission period in Costa Rica ..... scroll down to #18:

http://www.pacifico-costarica.com/faq.html

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 03, 2013 08:42 AM

Apr 09, 2013

Thank you for this information! I am new to RedWeek and am looking for a place in Aruba and that was one of them that I was looking it. I think I will stay away!

barb257 wrote:
To all of you who are renting from anyone other than an owner, they are wholesalers buying the units illegially from RCI, which is why the ad does not give a particular unit number. It usually says, "it varies." A real owner would be able to give a unit number unless it is a floating week. I had a horrific experience with these places and know of others. Stay away!!! Rent or purchase ONLY from owners or legitimate places that deal specifically with Aruba. There is only one or two.

Sue G.
Apr 12, 2013

Both renters at Marriott Aruba have told me that we won't be assigned a room number until we arrive. They can only tell me if ocean view and size of unit. I believe this is what happened last time but is this correct?

Sue G.
Apr 12, 2013

All the resorts that I have ever booked worked the same way. They don't assign the rooms until you arrive.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 12, 2013 07:39 AM

Apr 16, 2013

Hi Daisy,

We also had signed up with PRS for rental of our timeshare and it's been almost a year since and still have not received anything. We were told by PRS that rental money would be paid to us in Feb. and it is now mid April. We continue to get various excuses from PRS about it.

I would be interested in knowing how long it took to receive your rental check and if you had to contact PRS several times to request payment. Thank you!

Please note: we have found several complaints online that PRS is a scam. Just Google Platinum Resort Services.

daisys9 wrote:
Hi, We found platinum resort services online and signed up with them last year. We just got our rental check for 4 of our weeks. It took a little time but they told ud that when we signed up. I have no complaints. We got our money's worth already.

Daisy

Ken A.
Apr 17, 2013

Daisy sounds much like a shill for PRS.

R P.
Apr 25, 2013

I am in the same predicament now. they are pushing me to sign as their renters are ready to pay and want to book airfare and are promising full price through papal after signing contract, but not before changing the reservation in their name. I suppose there is some comfort in that as I still need to notify westin to change name. I cant find any comments on anyone who has completed a transaction

Jennifer M.
Apr 25, 2013

did you find out

Jennifer M.
Apr 26, 2013

jennifer107 wrote:
I am in the same predicament now. they are pushing me to sign as their renters are ready to pay and want to book airfare and are promising full price through papal after signing contract, but not before changing the reservation in their name. I suppose there is some comfort in that as I still need to notify westin to change name. I cant find any comments on anyone who has completed a transaction

I assume they've asked you for a large upfront fee .... you know what regular posters here say about not paying any type of upfront fee ..... don't. If you do the renters will magically disappear.

R P.
Apr 26, 2013

jayjay wrote:
jennifer107 wrote:

I assume they've asked you for a large upfront fee .... you know what regular posters here say about not paying any type of upfront fee ..... don't. If you do the renters will magically disappear.

No they are offering the full asking price and they make their commission off the renter. They want me to ensign rental agreement and then the funds will appear in paypal, then I change over the reservation into the renter's name. There doesnt seem to be any risk to me other than they will have my res # from Westin. As an owner I know that cant be changed to another name without me doing it.

Jennifer M.
Apr 26, 2013

Does anybody know the price that "La Divina" Resort in Playa del Carmen (mamitas beach) is going for? My first time trying to rent my unit. Need some help, thanks

Irasema G.
Apr 27, 2013

just rented mine out through them. They had full asking price in paypal within a few hours. Actually impressive.

jimc282 wrote:
I read your posting regarding contact from Stay PC. I also am in a similar situation. Did everything work out with StayPC?

everetted wrote:
They say that they have a renter for my unit and will pay by Paypal, wire transfer or cashiers check using their contract or mine. I sent them a Redweek contract which they have signed and I'm now waiting for my check due in a couple of days. As far as I could determine, they are legitimate but will soon find out for sure.

Jennifer M.
Apr 27, 2013

everetted wrote:
Yes, it worked out fine.

as did mine.

Jennifer M.
Apr 27, 2013

How much does a one bedroom suite goes for 7 days? I have no idea. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Irasema G.
Apr 28, 2013

irasemag wrote:
Does anybody know the price that "La Divina" Resort in Playa del Carmen (mamitas beach) is going for? My first time trying to rent my unit. Need some help, thanks

It appears La Divina is not a timeshare resort .... you'll have to look for travel sites other than Redweek .... google is your best friend.

R P.
Apr 28, 2013

It is a Fractional Residence Club which is very similar to a timeshare. I think you could go ahead and try Redweek. I've never heard of it so I think that will make it more difficult to rent. Since Fractionals often come with several weeks a site like VBRO might work. If you have pictures from when you stayed you should add them. You can use a link to the official website.

Tracey S.
Apr 28, 2013

thanks a lot for your information. I will call them because they referred me to redweek.

Irasema G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.