Ocean Bay Club

recent stay at Ocean Bay Club Unit 1101

Jun 19, 2011

We rented unit 1101 through Carolina Resorts Realty. The person my husband spoke with told him they had actually stayed in unit 1101 and it was in good shape. Although the representative was friendly, the representative was not even close to being accurate about the condition of this disgusting unit. For the price, we did not expect luxury; however, we did expect clean and reasonable furniture. First of all, the place was filthy - cigarettes under one bed, bedroom slippers under another, hair in the bathtub, black feet from walking on the floor, food (and who knows what else) caked on the refrigerator, cabinets, and shelves and thick dust practically everywhere. After I began to clean this disgusting place, I called the cleaning manager for Carolina Resorts Realty, and luckily she came right over. She cleaned everything we asked her to, however, there was not much that could be done about the overall rundown feel of the place.

The furniture was so old, worn out, dirty, disgusting, and SMELLY that we asked them to bring us some sheets to throw over the couches/chairs for the week so we would feel somewhat comfortable sitting on them. PATHETIC. Every wall in the place needs painting (and wiped down as there was questionable “gunk” splattered on many of them). The kitchen counter is cracked; the kitchen sink is very scratched up and stained badly, there is mold along the tracks of the shower doors, the carpet is badly stained and filthy, one of the curtains has a bad stain on it, and the windows/doors are very dirty. The DVD player was not hooked up. When my husband hooked it up, he had to change shirts because of the dust/filth behind the TV. The owners of unit 1101 should be embarrassed. We were told by Carolina Resorts that they were going to steam clean the furniture. I guess we should have asked "when" because it did not happen while we were there.

Also, we were very excited about having an oceanfront unit, but we could not really use our balcony because the outdoor furniture was old, filthy plastic stuff and a rust covered table that they had tried to paint, but just managed to make it look worse. The master bed was extremely hard (it felt like a marble slab). The unit is advertised as having 1 king, 2 queens, and 2 singles. Actually there is 1 king, 1 queen, 1 full, and 2 singles. We were totally disappointed in this rental and will never rent from this company again because we were misled about the state of this rental. We were told by Carolina Resorts that new outdoor patio furniture was on the way. Again, we should have asked "when".....you guessed it....no furniture. We did not believe it was too much to ask to have a clean table/chair to enjoy a morning cup of coffee and view the ocean in an oceanfront condo.

As far as Ocean Bay Club goes, two employees said the building was about 10 years old. We were shocked. The building looks 30 years old. If I owned a condo in that building I would be concerned...very concerned The pool is small but adequate and the lazy river was nice. The convenience to the beach is great. Parking was difficult because of the set up of the parking garage. Getting an elevator on Saturday check in was a total hassle. There are only 4 elevators for 16 floors. The building is located within walking distance of several restaurants and the pavilion area in NMB. There is also a Wings or Eagles store within walking distance. In short...DO NOT STAY IN THIS UNIT.

Michelle H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.