Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

PB rental reimbursement

Jul 06, 2011

Has anyone experience renting their week through PB? Do they really send you a $1000 check if renting a Jr. Suite? My feeling is that they would have a difficult time proving/not proving that it was rented or not.

Susanne G.
Jun 14, 2012

PB does not rent them, you have to go through a company called Suitegetaways.com. PB contracts them to put the rentals into a rental pool. The company suitegetaways is a wholesaler that takes the rentals to a fair held for companies like expedia, sunquest, signatue etc and sell them for the best price they can get. In turn these companies sell them to the open market public. Suite getaways take a percentage of the sale, the balance goes to you. They told me that I was very misinformed and really sorry I was expecting more. So, for example from my Junior suite I would see my maintence fees covered. With the market they can only sell what the market can stand. As we know Mexico was not the hot seller for vacations last year. We were told by our sales person that we could see 1600 a week from the rental and then take that money and vacation other places. Not knowing the market we believed them. Maybe way back in the days when Mexico was the place to go. Also, if the Suitegetaways does not rent it by selling it to Expedia etc, it goes into PB RCI in January under your account so you have to have an account set up their. I don't believe you can put it back into the resort to use. Also they said it may have less trading power in RCI. When you put it in from the resort the trading power does not change.They notify you if they were successful in renting it, in the first part of the year.. Bottom line is the program was set up for people to maybe recoup there maintence fee if they were not going to be able to use their week. Putting it on Redweek is what I did and was successful in renting two of the weeks for alot more than what I would get through the Suitegetaways. PB is fairly popular even though it is in Mexico. Los Cabo is more popular than most places in Mexico.

Carol S.

Last edited by carols725 on Jun 14, 2012 10:01 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.