The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 20, 2017

The new court date is changed to 9/15 @ 10 am. The new presiding judge is Melissa Crane. I was also told that this hearing will be closed to the public. No reason was given. Maybe someone can call the NY AG office and get more info. Atty. Alyssa Rossi New York Attorney General’s Office Asst. Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23th Floor New York, NY  10271 (212) 416-6240;Louis M. Solomon and Matthew Woodrull, reachable at 212-416-8122.

Vivien S.
Jul 21, 2017

Sad the "public" are excluded. Owners should be more than the "public".

C G.
Jul 22, 2017

I'm sorry. But, governmental investigations like these are just "full employment acts" for government lawyers. All they want to do is collect their big salaries and they could care less about victims of scams like this. I predict the Court will slap his hand, make him pay a couple of bucks, dismiss the complaint and just go one it's merry way. I am a former insurance adjuster, and have seen this many times with "FBI investigations" of fraudulent doctors and attorneys.... This Attorney General is now more interested in Donald Trump than this guy....No one in government cares...... It's sad, but true. But, once this charade is over, a private attorney can maybe help those that want to sell their timeshares back to the Company....Hang in there, it will happen.

Vicky M.
Jul 23, 2017

I agree. At the point when the case is settled and the extent of the TMC illegal activities exposed, we as members can take legal action (class action) against TMC. We must be patient and not loose our legal membership.

Vivien S.
Jul 23, 2017

Two questions: 1.What is the contact info for the current lead attorney handling this at the AG's office?

2.Has anyone who has stopped paying maintenance fees gotten a credit ding?

Thanks.

Deborah N.
Jul 23, 2017

You have a deed for an interest in real property, so you have real property. Didn't you get a title insurance policy? Make a claim to your title insurer stating that your title is illusory and see what happens.

Deborah N.
Jul 23, 2017

1. It's not clear that all deeds have been properly registered with the NYC Department of Finance. 2. Not clear if taxes are current on each deed or if payments are made in a bundled fashion. (What happens to the deeds of those who are in arrears, or who have abandoned paying?) 3. I couldn't verify the existence of the Title ins.co. In my paperwork.

deborahn127 wrote:
You have a deed for an interest in real property, so you have real property. Didn't you get a title insurance policy? Make a claim to your title insurer stating that your title is illusory and see what happens.

Dennis C.
Jul 23, 2017

indeed, this is what needs to happy, Count me in

Brigitte T.
Jul 24, 2017

dennisc283 wrote:
nothing seems clear or real or, for that matter, to the point. i assume we have a deed, since it's been said that our heirs will inherit the burden (deed) of maintenance payments for TMC whether they like/want it or not. is this all a myth? who's working toward our legal rescue? i certainly appears not to be the NYSAG or the court, regardless of whether the title company declares that we have a deed. what good is the deed if we're stuck with an illegal, unworthy and uncaring board of directors..............a couple of which are like us, OWNERS......OR WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE BOARD'S PUPPETS, not at all working in owners' behalf. i have not seen one word from any of the owner/board members in any emails or other communications . it appears that they were asked to keep their mouths shut regarding any issues concerning the owners that they supposedly represent, a sham/joke just like TMC. who is being held accountable for the actual illegal sales presentation that the NYSAG HAD DIRECT PROOF OF FROM HIS UNDERCOVER PRESENCE AT A RECENT SALES TALK? that in itself appears to be clear evidence of the fraud that has been perpetrated initially by TMC and continued by the ridiculously rising maintenance fees and lack of reservation time allotted to owners.

keep in touch.

chris

1. It's not clear that all deeds have been properly registered with the NYC Department of Finance. 2. Not clear if taxes are current on each deed or if payments are made in a bundled fashion. (What happens to the deeds of those who are in arrears, or who have abandoned paying?) 3. I couldn't verify the existence of the Title ins.co. In my paperwork.

deborahn127 wrote:

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 24, 2017 04:15 PM

Jul 24, 2017

Hello, my name is Betty Battle-Johnson. My husband & I purchased a timeshare at MC back in 1998. We've had issues with reservations but mainly concern about maintenance fees. At time we purchased, fees were about $550 annually, minimumly Increasing each year. After three or four years, the fees more than doubled in one year without warning. And, you know the rest. High fees! In reading these messages, I'm getting some mix messages about a class action lawsuit. Is there a class action lawsuit? I'd like to be included. Please let me know. Thanks.

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Betty B.
Jul 24, 2017

How long ago did you purchase? I have verified my deed by searching the records online. I have a title policy from First American.

Deborah N.
Jul 24, 2017

bettyb129 wrote:
hi betty battle-johnson, fyi.......my wife and i purchased at THE MANHATTAN CLUB at about the same time you did. the numbers say that our maintenance fees have risen by close to 400% since that fateful purchase. UNFORGIVABLE/FRAUDULENT/SHAM-RIDDEN.................YOU CAN ADD MORE TO THIS LIST INCLUDING, IN MANY CASES, OWNERS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET DESIRED RESERVATION TIME.

also, fyi, about 3-4 years ago there were class action suits initiated by some owners. ALL OF THOSE CASES WERE DISMISSED BY THE COURT FOR VARIOUS REASONS. my personal conclusion: the attorneys that were hired did a very poor job. at this moment there is no class action suit. there is only the case: NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL VS THE MANHATTAN CLUB (IAN BRUCE EICHNER, PRINCIPAL) while this case proceeds, i understand that there can be NO class action suit brought by any owners to the court, and don't believe what ANYONE TELLS YOU OTHERWISE. personally, i would not fill out any survey for any private entity. if you get a legitimate request to complete a survey directly from THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, i personally would comply, but under no other circumstances would i commit myself to any class action unless and until the current AG VS TMC has been completed and settled.

please keep in touch

chris

Hello, my name is Betty Battle-Johnson. My husband & I purchased a timeshare at MC back in 1998. We've had issues with reservations but mainly concern about maintenance fees. At time we purchased, fees were about $550 annually, minimumly Increasing each year. After three or four years, the fees more than doubled in one year without warning. And, you know the rest. High fees! In reading these messages, I'm getting some mix messages about a class action lawsuit. Is there a class action lawsuit? I'd like to be included. Please let me know. Thanks.

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 24, 2017 04:33 PM

Jul 24, 2017

I believe that title insurance is usually a recurring payment (perhaps included in maintenance payments?). If TMC hasn't kept up proper payments there could be a problem with the integrity of title policies.

deborahn127 wrote:
How long ago did you purchase? I have verified my deed by searching the records online. I have a title policy from First American.

Dennis C.
Jul 25, 2017

For those who are interested. The MC Timeshare Association, Inc. is holding its annual meeting on Aug. 2, Wednesday 9:00am at the AMA New York Conference Center, 1601 Broadway (48th and Broadway) 8th floor, New York, NY 10019. If you wish to attend, you will need permission to attend from TMC Association.

Vivien S.
Jul 25, 2017

Alex, Have you received my prior emails? I have no confirmation that you have. Definitely want to be part of the resistence!

Lynn S.
Jul 25, 2017

don't even bother to request a meeting attendance permission if you haven't paid each of your weeks' maintenance and taxes in full. that should leave many of us "out of the loop" as if we were ever in the loop, whether or not we paid our fees. the meetings, from what i heard from owners who have attended in the past, are as much of a sham an as fraudulent as TMC itself is. NO OWNERS ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK AND IF THEY DO SPEAK , THEY ARE IMMEDIATELY CONSIDERED OUT OF ORDER AND SILENCED. this meeting is as much of a fraud and sham as those who called it...............AND THE OWNERS ARE STILL LEFT OUT IN THE COLD WITH LITTLE OR NO POWER TO CORRECT, COMBAT AND CHANGE THE INJUSTICE OF THE WHOLE TMC SCHEME AND ITS BAND OF SCHEMERS. I CERTAINLY HAVE TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT AND QUESTION OUR COURT SYSTEM. TMC PROCEEDINGS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS WITH NO APPARENT END IN SIGHT.

keep in touch.

chris

viviens2 wrote:
For those who are interested. The MC Timeshare Association, Inc. is holding its annual meeting on Aug. 2, Wednesday 9:00am at the AMA New York Conference Center, 1601 Broadway (48th and Broadway) 8th floor, New York, NY 10019. If you wish to attend, you will need permission to attend from TMC Association.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 25, 2017 06:22 PM

Jul 25, 2017

Hello Debbie and Alan, did you receive the survey to join the lawsuit? I'm just asking because I am interested to join too. My email is: t.suchard@gmail.com

Please let me now. Thanks, Talmor Suchard

debbies749 wrote:
Please send us the survey to join the lawsuit. Names on the contract are Debbie A Schlueter and Alan R Chinnock. Unit number is 2510. You can reach me at debsellstravel@comcast.net. Thank you

Talmor S.
Jul 25, 2017

Thank you for the info, please keep us updated.

Talmor

viviens2 wrote:
The new court date is changed to 9/15 @ 10 am. The new presiding judge is Melissa Crane. I was also told that this hearing will be closed to the public. No reason was given. Maybe someone can call the NY AG office and get more info. Atty. Alyssa Rossi New York Attorney General’s Office Asst. Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23th Floor New York, NY  10271 (212) 416-6240;Louis M. Solomon and Matthew Woodrull, reachable at 212-416-8122.

Talmor S.
Jul 25, 2017

Alex I just sent you email, asking to receive the survey.

Thanks, Talmor

Talmor S.
Jul 25, 2017

Alex, I sent you email to: alexcrystal22@gmail.com, but got an error message that email does not exist.

Can you send me your correct email address? my email is: t.suchard@gmail.com

Thanks, Talmor

alexc100 wrote: MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations. Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

Talmor S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.