Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 23, 2018

Yes, Sue I’m interested.

Michele C.
Feb 24, 2018

Yes, sue

Maria A.
Feb 24, 2018

Jeff, do you want me to call you? or would you like to speak to the lawyer prior to the conf call (if he has time). ??

Sue O.
Feb 24, 2018

Conference call with law firm will be Sunday 2/25 - 8:15 EST. Stay tuned for me to post dial in number. We are working on that now. thank you Sue

Sue O.
Feb 24, 2018

While your maintenance fee is about $2500/year, not all of that is for Real Estate Taxes. Approximately, 10% of is for real estate taxes and that would be the only part of the maintenance fee that is deductible on your income taxes. So, in a 33% bracket, it saves you $80. Your out-of-pocket expense, after considering the tax benefit, is about $2400.

Phillip S.
Feb 25, 2018

What is logon for this mornings talk with attorney?

Audrey L.
Feb 25, 2018

please send login for this mornings phone call

Audrey L.
Feb 25, 2018

Is there a login for this meeting?

Audrey L.
Feb 25, 2018

*****UPDATE: DIAL IN INFORMATION***** SUNDAY (TONIGHT at 815 PM EST) Attorneys: Jean Marc Zimmerman and Steve Hoffberg Dial: 712-775-7031 participant code: 380727#

Sue O.
Feb 25, 2018

Thank you . I will try to participate . Brigitte

Brigitte T.
Feb 25, 2018

please call me direct

Jeffrey W.
Feb 25, 2018

I will participate... Carl A.

sueo79 wrote:
*****UPDATE: DIAL IN INFORMATION***** SUNDAY (TONIGHT at 815 PM EST) Attorneys: Jean Marc Zimmerman and Steve Hoffberg Dial: 712-775-7031 participant code: 380727#

Carl A.
Feb 25, 2018

RedWeek readers and Manhattan Club owners will find this news story very interesting, since it involves one of the attorneys who may be positioning himself to handle new litigation against the club and Eichners or others. This story appeared in Wired Magazine and it is posted on the Attorney's web siite.

Nov. 13, 2012 publication

The Patent Problem By Steven Levy

Here is the link: https://www.wired.com/2012/11/ff-steven-levy-the-patent-problem/

It tells a fascinating story about patent litigation featuring Mr. Zimmerman. He posted it on his website, so we should presume he is proud of it.

Jeffrey W.

Last edited by jeff_reports on Feb 25, 2018 09:42 AM

Feb 25, 2018

Will transcripts of the call be posted on the forum, please?

sueo79 wrote:

Sharon L.
Feb 25, 2018

I do not want out just fair treatment with the fees. What happened to the settlement with the AG's office? I called and no one knows when anything will be done. Thanks Bernadette

Bernadette G.
Feb 25, 2018

YES! flipsonneman

sueo79 wrote:
I am a current MC timeshare owner. I have found an attorney in NJ that is looking at opening a new lawsuit on behalf of us/owners. He has begun to look at previous lawsuits that were thrown out/and why. That is key.

If you are at all interested in this, please reply YES - that's all i need right now....(and no, i do not know the cost yet - or any of that info as it may depend on numbers of participants. All i want to do right now is get an idea of who may want to join a NEW lawsuit. I see there is 190 pages of comments on this topic - I personally can't spend another year waiting and hoping something different happens or what a new owner of the Manhattan Club might charge, etc......the time is NOW to do something, and stop the madness. I want them fined for FRAUD - and I want out of the deed. If you are at all interested in more information regarding a NEW lawsuit filed by many owners - reply YES! Sue

Phillip S.
Feb 25, 2018

Yes

Audrey L.
Feb 25, 2018

For anyone who missed the call tonight - basically the lawyers are still trying to read and gather the Manhattan Club information, previous litigation, current litigation, etc... - but it's at least a start!!! Right now, all they are asking is if you are interested in pursuing anything (whether it be to just get out, or to stay and lower maintenance, or want damages for fraud) - you should email Jean Marc Zimmerman at his email: JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM he will most likely send you a questionnaire to fill in within the next week or so. Once he reviews many of them - we may do another conference call to discuss his strategy. thank you all for your patience on the call - it's not easy doing a call with many - but we did best we could

Sue O.
Feb 26, 2018

Thanks sue for being so proactive.

Nikki M.
Feb 26, 2018

yes include me

mark and lynne cooper

markwcooper@comcast.net

Mark C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.