Stephen J.
Mar 07, 2018

PLEASE INCLUDED IN FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE

FIBONACCI1212@GMAIL.COM

Fibo N.
Mar 07, 2018

OMG can people not read???

Quote from above (for around the 10th time):

*****if you want to be included in lawyers email chain/receive questionnaire, please email Jean marc at jmz@zimllp.com thank you*****

PLEASE STOP POLLUTING THE BOARD WITH REQUESTS FOR LAWSUIT CORRESPONDENCE.

Thomas M.

Last edited by thomasm832 on Mar 07, 2018 04:59 PM

Mar 08, 2018

sent an I DO to the attorneys via email. to date, no response.

chris

Chris V.
Mar 08, 2018

As an FYI to people on this thread, I spoke to someone at the NYAG;s office today and was told:

(1) The MC paid the first installment of the settlement ($3.25 M) at the time the settlement was signed, as a condition of the settlement. (2) The Administrator was appointed shortly thereafter and has been working on setting up the distribution ever since. Payments to those eligible will be mailed "shortly," although no detail was available as to what shortly means. And we may all expect that "eligibility" will be a sore subject. (3) Negotiations are underway for the sale/transfer of the MC.

I am not including the name of the Settlement Administrator because any inquiries will be referred back to the NYAG. I am not including the name of the person at the NYAG because they cannot advise any individual regarding their individual situation. As I have said on this thread before, I only hope for the resolution of the situation with a restoration of liquidity, owner majority board and transparent scheduling. We do seem to be getting closer to that endpoint.

Nathan Z.
Mar 08, 2018

nathanz2 wrote:
As an FYI to people on this thread, I spoke to someone at the NYAG;s office today and was told:

(1) The MC paid the first installment of the settlement ($3.25 M) at the time the settlement was signed, as a condition of the settlement. (2) The Administrator was appointed shortly thereafter and has been working on setting up the distribution ever since. Payments to those eligible will be mailed "shortly," although no detail was available as to what shortly means. And we may all expect that "eligibility" will be a sore subject. (3) Negotiations are underway for the sale/transfer of the MC.

I am not including the name of the Settlement Administrator because any inquiries will be referred back to the NYAG. I am not including the name of the person at the NYAG because they cannot advise any individual regarding their individual situation. As I have said on this thread before, I only hope for the resolution of the situation with a restoration of liquidity, owner majority board and transparent scheduling. We do seem to be getting closer to that endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this information. These are the first credible details that I remember reading on this site in quite some time.

Kevin O.
Mar 09, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Kevin. Given the history of this site, I expect others may have different opinions.

Nathan Z.
Mar 09, 2018

nathanz2 wrote:

Thank you so much for calling and discovering these details and sharing them. It is good to know something is happening and things are moving forward. I can't understand why "they" can't keep us in the loop, like posting an occasional update on the NYAG site. They did spell out in the settlement that it will take up to 3 years for the settlement to be complete and I thought they were pretty clear as to who will qualify for any kind of re-imbursement which promises not to be much. I am thrilled to hear they are in negotiations with a buyer. I am surprised no owners have shared that they got a re-imbursement.

Dks
Mar 09, 2018

I would like to be included on updates on any Manhattan Club lawsuits involving timeshare owners. Thank you, dmsweeny@aol.com

Douglas M.
Mar 09, 2018

Everyone, please do not do postings like this. If you want to be included take the time 5-10 minutes and look back over a two week period and find the attorneys email listed in an email by SueO .

We cannot hand hold. You must look for yourself to stay on top of things.

George M.
Mar 09, 2018

Ditto....

deborahs528 wrote:
nathanz2 wrote:

Thank you so much for calling and discovering these details and sharing them. It is good to know something is happening and things are moving forward. I can't understand why "they" can't keep us in the loop, like posting an occasional update on the NYAG site. They did spell out in the settlement that it will take up to 3 years for the settlement to be complete and I thought they were pretty clear as to who will qualify for any kind of re-imbursement which promises not to be much. I am thrilled to hear they are in negotiations with a buyer. I am surprised no owners have shared that they got a re-imbursement.

Dennis R.
Mar 09, 2018

Add to that a removal of the exorbitant fee of $1000 when you sell. Greedy all the way through. In California you cannot charge anything more than it costs to transfer ownership. TMC has a total fee of $1000 plus $100.

Laura H.
Mar 10, 2018

stop the bickering. you may be chastising a senior citizen for wanting more time to digest being included in the lawsuit via emailing the attorney, and his sending them his questionnaire.

take the time to read all that you agree with, and simply dismiss wh;t you consider to be a "CAN'T YOU READ?" situation. stop attacking one another via your impatient-sounding writing in this forum'.

chris

Chris V.
Mar 12, 2018

Please include me in any correspondence. Thank you.

LMD

Louise D.
Mar 12, 2018

Could i please suggest to those of you that are NOT part of the Facebook group to keep updated on the Manhattan Club - that you please join. This Redweek thread being over 195 pages is tough to follow - and you can't search for things here like you can within a facebook group.

Request to be added to this Facebook group (there is more than 1)....do this one: "Manhattan Club Timeshare Disgruntled Owners Group - (has a RED SCAM picture as the profile page). For anyone that was interested in getting in touch with the lawyer Jean Marc Zimmerman - please email him to be added to that group. His email is JMZ@zimllp.com . The initial questionnaire from him is about to go out - some of you may have already received it. I think he is trying to create an on line survey so it's easier but if not, it will come via email and you will return to his office. Filling it out does not mean you are under any obligation to do anything with him. He is trying to get a feel from owners on where they are at/current status of maintenance/ownership, your individual goals ongoing, while also researching strategy to use with future litigation for all owners and/or each individual. Thank you - and good luck to all of us! This has been quite a stressful ordeal for all of us! We did not deserve this.

Sue O.

Last edited by sueo79 on Mar 12, 2018 01:04 PM

Mar 12, 2018

I am interested in where the "negotiations are underway with a potential buyer" came from. I emailed Lynne O'Donnell about that and received the standard generic response. - Settlement allows three years for sale of The MHC-

Tim C.
Mar 13, 2018

I repeated what I was told by the NYAG's office regarding negotiations. I would not expect that any entity contemplating a purchase is going to negotiate in public, so I wouldn't expect to hear more than that. No one who knows is telling. Paragraph 62 of the AOD states that the transfer will take place in 3 years. IMHO, no purchaser would negotiate now for a transfer 3 years from now, so I believe that's more of a target than a planned closing date. And these negotiations are complex and high-dollar. This is not closing on a condo in the suburbs. Sometimes negotiations are successful, sometimes they fail. But assuming they are ultimately successful, most buyers would want to close ASAP unless there are some short term financing or tax considerations. But I have no special insight, like everything else, that is just my opinion.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Mar 13, 2018 09:15 AM

Mar 13, 2018

Nathan, many thanks for this new information. Let's hope the MC is sold to a reputable buyer, preferably one of the large hotel chains.

Robert P.
Mar 14, 2018

I am still curious how the fraud will be made right to the enormous amount of oversold owners (14,000 of us) that really don't own anything. It's like a home in the suburbs that 10 different people claim they own. But the reality only one home exits and only one can claim ownership to that deed. So if TMC is a deeded timeshare (which it is) how is this possible? The fraud is very disturbing. So many seems to be OK that they are involved in a fraudulent investment. Furthermore, with the appearent information that the property taxes have not been paid since 2016 where are the funds being pilfered for property taxes. Is this more fraud being discovered? Reminiscent of the 2007 ponzi schemes. You buy a deed to the property and TMC turns around and sells the same deed again and again even though they don't really have anything left to sell. Who can possibly think this is acceptable way to transact business? To bilk people out of their hard earned money when they actually do not now own anything. They just think they do! 14,000 of us really don't own anything the "other guy" owns it. So who are they that actually own the deeds. In another deeded timeshare I own the property tax bill is send directly to me and I pay the county assessor directly for my deed. Why is TMC not set up that way? We likely would have figured the fraud out a long time ago when they county couldn't provide a property tax bill for each deed because someone whose owns it. How will this mess be solved!!

Sharon V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.