The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 17, 2019

jd, "My offer still stands. I will sell for $1.00. Mr. Zimmerman the offer is extended to you." nothing to do with zimmerman?????

johnd2105 wrote:
My decision to sell and throwing good money after bad has nothing to do with Mr. Zimmerman.

Hoping for a return of money from a lawsuit in about 5 years is not a good financial plan.

Chris V.
Mar 18, 2019

Then, J. D. what is your plan rather than to constantly complain and do zilch? No one is going to buy your timeshare for $1. So what do you plan to do for the next 5 years - are you going to continue paying the annual assessments? Do you think that if the Zimmerman litigation is successful, you'll get to share in that success simply by being a timeshare owner? What is a "good financial plan" ? Please explain our options.

Gail J.
Mar 18, 2019

Gail,

If the main issue is that owners have been charged excessive maintenance fees then it would not make sense to keep paying those fees. What would happen if every owner stopped paying the fees today?

J D.
Mar 18, 2019

jd,

it appears that your comments/responses are non-sequiturs. please clarify the points you're making regarding maintenance fees, paying them or not and joining zimmerman's lawsuit. please show the connection, as you see it, among these items.

johnd2105 wrote:
Gail,

If the main issue is that owners have been charged excessive maintenance fees then it would not make sense to keep paying those fees. What would happen if every owner stopped paying the fees today?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 18, 2019 09:11 AM

Mar 18, 2019

Chris V: I just took a look thru ACRIS deed database, and it appears that TMC is deeding units to Blue Green...bunches of them, millions of dollars in transactions. Do you have any idea as to what’s going on?

chrisv126 wrote:
jd,

it appears that your comments/responses are non-sequiturs. please clarify the points you're making regarding maintenance fees, paying them or not and joining zimmerman's lawsuit. please show the connection, as you see it, among these items.

johnd2105 wrote:
Gail,

Dennis C.
Mar 18, 2019

hi dennis c,

without going back to my own ACRIS deed datatabase, owners OWN their individual deeds per week (s) owned. if TMC is TRANSFERRING the deeds that they own to bluegreen, i'm not sure how that will affect us, individual owners. TMC continues to do whatever profits their TEAM, being totally uncaring (read FRAUDULENT) about how it affects us owners. they'll continue to run slipshod over us unless and until we can legally have their criminal acts brought out in court and have them become accountable for what they cheated out of from the time we purchased our week (s), in addition to jailing them for criminal fraud. right now, our only hope (unless some other owner has a better plan) is to join jean-marc zimmerman's lawsuit. i believe he needs to made aware of the transaction that you cite here.

dennisc283 wrote:
Chris V: I just took a look thru ACRIS deed database, and it appears that TMC is deeding units to Blue Green...bunches of them, millions of dollars in transactions. Do you have any idea as to what’s going on?

chrisv126 wrote:
jd,

johnd2105 wrote:
Gail,

Chris V.
Mar 18, 2019

Re post today by Dennis: Doesn't Eichner still own a bunch of units? I thought he did. If so, perhaps that is what is being sold to BG.

Dru M.
Mar 18, 2019

hello drusillam2,

your comment makes sense. however, if eichner's units are being sold to bluegreen, how will that affect us owners? SOME HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS.......

how much is eichner charging bluegreen per each of his units owned? will bluegreen buy our shares for FAIR MARKET VALUE OF SIMILAR NEW YORK CITY PROPERTY, or a similar price that they're paying for eichner's units...........whichever is higher?......(if we owners prefer to sell.) can we be forced to sell? if not, will our maintenance fees continue to skyrocket exponentially, possibly forcing us to sell to them for $0.00? these and other questions, issues and unfavorable situations need to be immediately addressed by a competent entity, an attorney in a court of law

keep in mind that TMC, since its inception, has been a criminally fraudulent operation, with ian bruce eichner being the kingpin leading his equally fraudulent higher management staff.

we need to curtail TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN's power supply. we currently have a reasonably viable legal source to help us do that: join the zimmerman lawsuit.

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN'S CONTACT INFORMATION: ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

drusillam2 wrote:
Re post today by Dennis: Doesn't Eichner still own a bunch of units? I thought he did. If so, perhaps that is what is being sold to BG.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 18, 2019 05:57 PM

Mar 19, 2019

Hi, My mom is a MC owner and I'm trying to keep her informed on what is happening but can't always keep up.

I apologize since this has probably been mentioned but can someone please let me know, or link to where it is stated, what is required to join the Zimmerman lawsuit? Upfront payment, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas M.
Mar 19, 2019

hello thomasm832

please contact attorney jean-marc zimmerman however you prefer........................

JEAN-MARC ZIMMERMAN'S CONTACT INFORMATION: ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

hope this info is helpful.

thomasm832 wrote:
Hi, My mom is a MC owner and I'm trying to keep her informed on what is happening but can't always keep up.

I apologize since this has probably been mentioned but can someone please let me know, or link to where it is stated, what is required to join the Zimmerman lawsuit? Upfront payment, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris V.
Mar 19, 2019

I hired an attorney about 2 years ago just to get out from under the elephant. Just last week I received legal papers from my attorney which I signed in several places and had to have notarized and returned them to my attorney. I will be out but not sure if I'll ever get the token $100 but don't care.

I have been an owner since 1998 with a $550 maintenance fee at that time. When I bought I got other perks like I could divide my week and have up to 3 weekend usages as long as I booked a Friday or Sunday with my Saturday. It was nice because a group of us could rent a big van and I booked 2 rooms for a long weekend. I loved NYC and was happy with TMC accommodations and service. I always used my unit when I wanted to, but I booked at least 9 months in advance and usually went in early December. I continued to go but started trying to sell in 2013 (obviously unsuccessfully) because of the increasing maintenance fee. I paid my fee until July 2018 when it was due again because I just couldn't take it anymore. I got the threatening letter with late fees listed but ignored it and nothing happened. Not paying last year saved me enough for about half of my attorney fees.

My advice is to pay Mr. Zimmerman instead of the crooks and hopefully you will get something out of your investment. I support this but had already paid someone else to help me. I would take money if I could have gotten it but at this point I just wanted the monkey off my back.

robertb1802 wrote:
For those of you considering taking the $100 buyout, I'm afraid to tell you that no one else is going to get any money from TMC. They have been caught with their pants down in their recent attempts to extort the acceptance of $100 token payments to relinquish timeshare ownership in return for forgiveness of maintenance arrears. This is a blatant violation of the Assurance of Discontinuance (AOD), the agreement TMC entered into with the NY attorney general to end his criminal investigation of the company. This ill-advised attempt has already been discontinued, apparently when a TMC attorney woke up and made them stop their improper timeshare buying/selling activity.

This is a partial extract of paragraph 61 of the AOD:,

" 61. Respondents and their agents and employees, including The Manhattan Club Timeshare Association, Inc., shall not engage in any act directly or indirectly relating to the offer, purchase, sale, issuance, advertisement, marketing, promotion, distribution, negotiation, exchange or transfer of any timeshare interest..."

I would suggest that everyone read the Zimmerman Law Group's documents via the DropBox links that I recently posted. After reading the excellent legal arguments and evidence submitted to the court by Zimmerman, decide for yourselves if our case has any merit or chance of succeeding. More and more of us clearly believe it does, and so we encourage everyone to contact the Zimmerman Law Group at (908) 768-6408) or jmz@tmcsuit.com, and ask them to represent you too. Don't be left out of any financial settlement with TMC by failing to get on board.

Bob Biello

Karen B.
Mar 20, 2019

Thank you karenb and robertb for clear messages about the past and the future.

Jerome` K.
Mar 21, 2019

Same result for me!

Arlo Y.
Mar 22, 2019

A week ago I emailed Zimmerman. Within one hour I had a response from Zimmerman, with the legal contract. I signed it and submitted payment. Like many others on this forum, joining the lawsuit took a lot of thought. Given the options, however, joining the lawsuit was ultimately a no brainer. Win or lose, it’s the right thing to do. Bad actors need to be confronted and fought in court. Otherwise we simply submit to chicanery like sheep.

richard3153 wrote:
Re Zimmerman....I have sent both an email and snail mail to him and have NEVER had a reply. Is he REALLY looking for more adherents?

Karl H.
Mar 23, 2019

very well put, karlh63,

"...joining the lawsuit was ultimately a no brainer."

adding yourself to zimmerman's TMC client base will help him continue making more progress in TMC owners' behalf. the fuller his client base, i believe, the better our chances are of being victorious vs TMC/EICHNER(AND PERHAPS BLUEGREEN) in our quest for legal retribution against their criminal fraud inflicted upon us. so welcome, and consider asking other TMC owners to join in zimmerman's suit (if you know of any). as i type, i am more convinced this is the only viable action available to us, rather than laying over and playing dead, and being considered LOSERS by eichner, as he laughs all the way to the bank with our money.

we need many more owners to join us. TMC is totally reluctant to giving us (zimmerman) access to TMC'S owners' contact list. if you can offer another way of getting this list, please do so on redweek.com or inform zimmerman.

welcome aboard the "victory ship."

keep in touch.

karlh63 wrote:
A week ago I emailed Zimmerman. Within one hour I had a response from Zimmerman, with the legal contract. I signed it and submitted payment. Like many others on this forum, joining the lawsuit took a lot of thought. Given the options, however, joining the lawsuit was ultimately a no brainer. Win or lose, it’s the right thing to do. Bad actors need to be confronted and fought in court. Otherwise we simply submit to chicanery like sheep.

richard3153 wrote:
Re Zimmerman....I have sent both an email and snail mail to him and have NEVER had a reply. Is he REALLY looking for more adherents?

Chris V.
Mar 23, 2019

I was told by my lawyer that Zimmerman needs to contact the Manhattan Club and let them know we're part of the lawsuit (and everyone else who is, of course). I think this is so we're not reported to Equifax, etc., ruining our credit. Has anyone else gotten this recommendation, and has anyone contacted Zimmerman about it? Thanks!

Rachelle A.
Mar 23, 2019

hello, rachell ea8

at the moment, i am not aware of any owner who has had credit rating issues due to non-payment of maintenance fees. however, they obviously can't use their time unless MF payments are up-to-date. i adhere to the assumption that credit ratings can be negatively affected by non-payment of mortgages and real estate taxes. contact zimmerman directly with your credit rating concern. i suggest that you consider joining zimmermam' s lawsuit against TMC/EICHNER (AND PERHAPS BLUEGREEN)........................................... zimmerman's contact information follows:

CONTACT

E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

PHONE (908) 768-6408

FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090 ​

rachellea8 wrote:
I was told by my lawyer that Zimmerman needs to contact the Manhattan Club and let them know we're part of the lawsuit (and everyone else who is, of course). I think this is so we're not reported to Equifax, etc., ruining our credit. Has anyone else gotten this recommendation, and has anyone contacted Zimmerman about it? Thanks!

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 23, 2019 01:53 PM

Mar 27, 2019

PULLING THE TRIGGER FEELS SO GOOD!!!! Just saw my envelope with retainer check get on the way to Zimmerman for him to represent ME and hopefully recoup something and burn the bastards as well. I think I will finally be able to stop obsessing and rereading all the endless questions and excuses that fill up this space each day, I stopped paying them two years ago and have heard nothing but have INVESTED my limited income toward the effort. Those who stay on the side will not have a part in a possible settlement and will have no one to blame but yourself, Anyhow... at 73 I will finally be able to sit back and know I have not allowed myself to be the stepped on any longer. BY BY sid feldman

Sidney F.
Mar 27, 2019

hello sidney,

in my opinion, you made the right decision by joining zimmerman, as i and a few friends did.

you had (perhaps) 3 or 4 choices: the one you made.............BRILLIANT; wait for a better alternative to fight for you..........VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY; complain on redweek..........TO NO AVAIL; keep paying exorbitant maintenance fees (without getting something tangible.)................HARDLY A GOOD IDEA!!!

hopefully, when the legalities end in our favor, all owners ( we'll include our two attorneys, jean-marc and co-attorney steve,) will enjoy a victory party in TMC's 26 floor lounge and perhaps even the penthouse terraces. but we can't drink and drive, so we'll all retire to our substantially- reduced maintenance fee suites which we all will have reserved without the onus of being put on a wait-list!

looking forward to meeting you soon on the 26 floor of OUR TMC.

sidneyf6 wrote:
PULLING THE TRIGGER FEELS SO GOOD!!!! Just saw my envelope with retainer check get on the way to Zimmerman for him to represent ME and hopefully recoup something and burn the bastards as well. I think I will finally be able to stop obsessing and rereading all the endless questions and excuses that fill up this space each day, I stopped paying them two years ago and have heard nothing but have INVESTED my limited income toward the effort. Those who stay on the side will not have a part in a possible settlement and will have no one to blame but yourself, Anyhow... at 73 I will finally be able to sit back and know I have not allowed myself to be the stepped on any longer. BY BY sid feldman

Chris V.
Mar 27, 2019

Pursuant to the NYAG investigation' filings in the Supreme Court, O. Park, and T.Park (Eichners) did not renew their dealer-broker licenses since 2008. As the result of the Assurance of Discontinuation, it seems their licenses are not renewable. My guess that's the reason why the owners' credit has not been affected.

Fibo N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.