The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 14, 2020

Did you stopped paying the mortgage and the maintenance before TMC offered you the buy back deal?

francism61 wrote:
I took the $ 100.00 as well. It took 11 months for the check to arrive after submitting the documents. I just wanted out; so I am pleased. FXM

Julie Osikoya D.
Jul 15, 2020

Frankly, I don't know why I am taking the time to write this. I guess only to share my experience and singular opinion, and to wish you well.

About 5 years ago maybe, when I found out about the NYAG investigation, I then found this forum. Just as shocked and disappointed as everyone else, I followed the story until the courts made their decision resulting in nothing for the owners. I stopped paying anything to TMC. I got a few letters. My credit was not affected somehow. I heard nothing for a long while.

Meanwhile, the battle and angst continued to be displayed on this forum. A couple of people going to court in hopes of getting some money back (I don't know their results. Still pending? Hope you get something.). And then attorney Zimmerman shows up collecting retainers and promising, what exactly? I am very curious about this. Like, has anyone met him? What, if any, results or progress has been gained? It is my sincere hope that he can help you somehow.

Folks comment on here about the corruption involved in all of this. The desire for justice and to somehow, someday be justified, rewarded, and especially be compensated for being taken advantage of. My personal belief was and still is that the corruption can not be beaten. Not by this group. Not by a lawsuit. Not by Zimmerman. And while I can understand it, not by living with the anger and bitterness and mental burden of this entire situation. The financial burden, though, is another story.

I truly feel for those that spent huge amounts of money for their ownership at TMC. I understand why you might choose to continue to fight. The amount that we spent/lost is low compared to many of you. Our family had a handful of visits at TMC and always enjoyed ourselves. We chose to let go of what made absolutely no sense to continue to be involved with. Therefore, it made perfect sense for us to accept the $100 pittance and be fully rid of the entire fiasco. It took almost a year to receive the check.

Sometimes it is hard to believe just how long this has been going on.

I sincerely hope that one day there will be answers, or results, or restitution, or compensation, or relief for everyone. And that it is in whatever form you have wished, hoped, and worked hard for.

Paul D.
Jul 15, 2020

pauld220 wrote:
Frankly, I don't know why I am taking the time to write this. I guess only to share my experience and singular opinion, and to wish you well.

About 5 years ago maybe, when I found out about the NYAG investigation, I then found this forum. Just as shocked and disappointed as everyone else, I followed the story until the courts made their decision resulting in nothing for the owners. I stopped paying anything to TMC. I got a few letters. My credit was not affected somehow. I heard nothing for a long while.

Meanwhile, the battle and angst continued to be displayed on this forum. A couple of people going to court in hopes of getting some money back (I don't know their results. Still pending? Hope you get something.). And then attorney Zimmerman shows up collecting retainers and promising, what exactly? I am very curious about this. Like, has anyone met him? What, if any, results or progress has been gained? It is my sincere hope that he can help you somehow.

Folks comment on here about the corruption involved in all of this. The desire for justice and to somehow, someday be justified, rewarded, and especially be compensated for being taken advantage of. My personal belief was and still is that the corruption can not be beaten. Not by this group. Not by a lawsuit. Not by Zimmerman. And while I can understand it, not by living with the anger and bitterness and mental burden of this entire situation. The financial burden, though, is another story.

I truly feel for those that spent huge amounts of money for their ownership at TMC. I understand why you might choose to continue to fight. The amount that we spent/lost is low compared to many of you. Our family had a handful of visits at TMC and always enjoyed ourselves. We chose to let go of what made absolutely no sense to continue to be involved with. Therefore, it made perfect sense for us to accept the $100 pittance and be fully rid of the entire fiasco. It took almost a year to receive the check.

Sometimes it is hard to believe just how long this has been going on.

I sincerely hope that one day there will be answers, or results, or restitution, or compensation, or relief for everyone. And that it is in whatever form you have wished, hoped, and worked hard for.

Thank you

Julie Osikoya D.
Jul 24, 2020

Help please! I just discovered the group. I have struggled to pay this egregious fee year over year, struggling through it. I was not ware I could sell back my unit. Although I did put my name on a list to be contacted when the sale of the MC was to go through with a buyer after the NY lawsuit. How do I get OUT of this nightmare. literally it keeps me up at night and has caused extreme stress...

B K.
Jul 24, 2020

What is the status of these lawsuits? I'm very interested in joining but not if it means throwing away another few grand. I've been paying maintenance fees all along but will stop come September.

Anita B.
Jul 24, 2020

Just curious why Mr. Zimmerman's phone number listed online is not in service. I would think a business would have a forwarding number. Has he done anything yet with regards to the lawsuit? I'm interested in joining but something seems 'off' to me. I hope I am wrong.

Anita B.
Jul 24, 2020

dear lady.

if this is any consolation, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. you are attached to demons with nothing more in mind than PROFIT; how, when, where they get it is of no consequence. if you have a plan to legally stop them (TMC MANAGEMENT) please post it here.

bk130 wrote:
Help please! I just discovered the group. I have struggled to pay this egregious fee year over year, struggling through it. I was not ware I could sell back my unit. Although I did put my name on a list to be contacted when the sale of the MC was to go through with a buyer after the NY lawsuit. How do I get OUT of this nightmare. literally it keeps me up at night and has caused extreme stress...

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 25, 2020 06:31 AM

Jul 24, 2020

hello anita,

sorry to say, the status of these lawsuits remain unclear and not forthcoming. i'm part of it and not at all satisfied

contact attorney ZIMMERMAN FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090... Telephone: (908) 768-6408 Fax: (908) 935-0751

E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​

anitab188 wrote:
What is the status of these lawsuits? I'm very interested in joining but not if it means throwing away another few grand. I've been paying maintenance fees all along but will stop come September.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 24, 2020 02:19 PM

Jul 25, 2020

We just received a package of documents to be signed from Timeshare Interval Administration “ to relinquish/transfer the ownership.” Has anyone else received This package. It was a UPS delivery.

PhyllisH
Jul 26, 2020

phyllish107 wrote:
We just received a package of documents to be signed from Timeshare Interval Administration “ to relinquish/transfer the ownership.” Has anyone else received This package. It was a UPS delivery.

Did it just show up unsolicited by you or had you been attempting to give the timeshare back?

Dks
Jul 26, 2020

Unsolicited. They’ve sent requests asking if we wanted to give it back, but we never said yes.

PhyllisH
Jul 26, 2020

we owners will eventually be benevolent conquistadores.

WE ARE ultimately and collectively smarter and intelligent than TMC MANAGEMENT is. there're plenty of legal maneuvers we have not yet shown.

they should be rethinking their admitted BREACH OF CONTRACT/AKA FRAUD per the former nysag eric schneiderman's "settlement." fraud is fraud even as applied to contracts and as related to BREACH OF CONTRACT. THE COURT will have not alternative than to rule in TMC owners' favor

phyllish107 wrote:
Unsolicited. They’ve sent requests asking if we wanted to give it back, but we never said yes.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 26, 2020 01:55 PM

Jul 27, 2020

Was there any contact information? I did not receive a similar package. Just wondering .

phyllish107 wrote:

Dennis L.
Jul 27, 2020

Cover letter sent by Christine Stile

PhyllisH
Jul 27, 2020

Yes, I did in August 1999. I submitted the notarized forms to the appropriate address on Sept 1, 1999. I received a $ 100 check in June 2020. I requested to be relieved of the timeshare 5 years ago. FXM

Francis M.
Jul 27, 2020

Five years. Was that the so called "deed back wait list" from TMC?

Dennis L.
Jul 27, 2020

Christine Stile is the correct name. I kept all the papers, but beats me where I put them! Carefully consider this. It is wonderful to be out. We received the $100. It took 6 months. Still waiting for our name to be off the deed though.

Louise A.
Jul 28, 2020

We received the same letter (dated July 1, 2020) from The Manhattan Club. Before I agree to sell back to them for $100.00 I am curious what others are going to do.

TMC fees are much too high now. They were always high, but since our purchase in February 2005 we have paid thousands of dollars in fees. We tried to reconcile cost with being able to book through RCI. Then RCI sold to Wyndham. There is less inventory it appears to choose from and the quality of the properties is lower as far as we are concerned. We have paid for RCI Platinum membership and until the inventory changed there were some nice places to book.

Cecile W.
Jul 28, 2020

A few years ago we were told TMC terminated their unit buyback. Does anyone know why they are now buying units back? Is there a grand scheme to sell the property in total and walk away with a profit?

Cecile W.
Jul 28, 2020

In response to Louise A, I gave one timeshare back in June 2014. It took 5 years to get the $100 check and no final paperwork. When I asked for some documentation so I had proof of the transaction, they (Lynne O’Donnell) said there was none to be had and I would have to look online at ACRIS which I have not done. So who knows?

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on Jul 28, 2020 01:21 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.