The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Nov 22, 2020

I have always paid my timeshare fees, have always used my weeks and have always objected to the exorbitant fees charged by TMC. I even signed over one of the timeshares for nothing, just to get rid of it. I figured it would pay for this giveaway, just by a few years of non payment of that fee.

What I refuse to accept is their keeping me from trading my week into Interval World. I can trade into any other entity but TMC seems to have a contract that prevents me from using II. I feel this is a definite restraint of trade. Has anyone else had this experience?

Laura H.
Nov 22, 2020

You might direct your question to the management of The Manhattan Club and the Board of Directors that are ultimately responsible for these outrageous fees.Understandable that there are owners that have chosen not to pay these ridiculous charges any longer.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Nov 22, 2020 02:17 PM

Nov 23, 2020

Kevin. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. Wishing you and yours and everyone a blessed holiday!

Dks
Nov 23, 2020

Thank you! Hopefully everyone will stay and healthy!

Kevin O.
Nov 23, 2020

I m late to the lawsuit- I bought in 2002 and have paid these ridiculous fees with no dates to stay. But I have no idea about the lawsuits. I have moved a while ago and the only one who finds me is Manhattan Club Financial Services to collect the fees. Can someone point me to who I should contact?

Robert S.
Dec 01, 2020

As COVID-19 rates unfortunately continue to rise in NYC another reminder of The Manhattan Club’s disgraceful conduct and total lack of concern for owners during the last 9 months or so. This organization should be ashamed.

Kevin O.
Dec 01, 2020

I wrote a letter to the last NYAG. Should I write again?

Rosemary G.
Dec 02, 2020

Yes, write to the new NYAG. Leticia James. Everyone should write. It is the only way the violations of the Assurance of Discontinuance by Eichner and the Manhattan Club will come to the attention of the Attorney General. She can help us. Here is here contact info:

Attorney General Leticia James Office of the Attorney General The Capitol Albany, NY12224-0341

Attorney James is serious about protecting the public.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Dec 14, 2020

If media attention is needed, how about channel 4 NY, “ Better Get Baquero”. There is a consumer reporter, Lynda Baquero, who will investigate complaints for consumers. Also, NY Channel 7 has 7OnYourSideNina@abc.com will do the same.

Cara R.
Dec 15, 2020

Hi Cara,

Those are excellent suggestions. What ever we can do to alert the public and the NYAG about how the Assurance of Discontinuance protected the Manhattan Club scam and 'screwed' owners is wonderful. By all means contact the media contacts you mentioned.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Dec 16, 2020

anyone else see this??? I got this email a few days ago:

https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/New-York-City/Getaway/364738/?utm_source=localdeal_us&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2899427_html_-_deal%3a2899427&utm_content=2899427&ec=0&dlinkId=2899427

Peg C.

Last edited by pegc29 on Dec 16, 2020 08:16 PM

Dec 17, 2020

Yes, I saw the same Travel Zoo ad for the Manhattan Club. $179/night good through August 2021. With tax added, I could stay at the Manhattan Club for 14 days with this deal - and still pay less than I pay for maintenance fees for a membership week. In other words we are subsidizing deals like Travel Zoo and others. Bad deal for us, but great for non-owners.

Karl H.
Dec 31, 2020

Supposedly there is at least one "timeshare exit" company that has brought hundreds of cases in each of the last several years to Bluegreen and gotten the owners out of their contracts. Does anyone have details on this? It sounds too good to be true, but supposedly Bluegreen is taking the deeds back when confronted with fraud accusations and threats of litigation.

Gary H.
Dec 31, 2020

But how much is the time share owner paying in fees to the "exit" company and does the owner receive any money for relinquishing his/her ownership?

Gail J.
Jan 01, 2021

Does Bluegreen now manage the MC? Can anyone provide a sample letter they sent to a credit bureau? First year I haven't paid the maintenance fees and I'm wondering if Bluegreen is more agressive to collect. Have received several calls from Financial.

Mary B.
Jan 01, 2021

The situation I heard about had substantial fees and no compensation for relinquishing ownership...but this could still be appealing to many MC owners to escape the escalating fees.

Gary H.

Last edited by garyh695 on Jan 01, 2021 06:52 PM

Jan 02, 2021

My understanding is that Blue Green is not managing TMC. They do still own some units, however. BG backed out of the management and are no longer Board members. Eichner appointed 2 people to the Board. Sal Reale and Joshua Wirshba are also Board members plus the 3 member-elected members.

Dru M.
Jan 03, 2021

Do you know if Eichner is still getting the $ 6,000,000 annual fee for "managing" the Manhattan Club?

Gail J.
Jan 03, 2021

I understand that Stephen Prial is now the board President and is connected to Bluegreen I intend to write to him and would like to copy the other board members. Do you happen to have the names of the other members? I know Salvatore Reale was a member a year or two ago. I have been an owner since 1999. Thank your for your help

Milton S.

Last edited by miltons21 on Jan 03, 2021 09:53 AM

Jan 04, 2021

I am totally impressed by the recent court filings by our attorney. I definitely think those of us who have retained the Zimmerman Law Firm have made a very wise decision. Their pleadings are spot on and very detailed.

Gail J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.