The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 20, 2015

Per suggestion of the RedWeek staff, is there a way we can organize in a less public way to share emails and other contact information? i am very anxious to join together with other owners to pursue satisfaction from TMC but am a bit cautious about doing so on an open forum available to anyone.

fredc55 wrote:
Margaret Fauchier and Fred Cosentino 2200 10th Street Berkeley, California 94710 margaret.fauchier@gmail.com freduno@comcast.net

jamesg658 wrote:
Please post your contact information so that other names can be added. As you suggest, volume of numbers will do more to impress the AGs office than anything else. jamesg658

David B.
Mar 20, 2015

Thomas & Elaine French, 38 Raven Glass Ln, Bluffton SC 29909...email Elainefrench1943@gmail.com

fredc55 wrote:
Margaret Fauchier and Fred Cosentino 2200 10th Street Berkeley, California 94710 margaret.fauchier@gmail.com freduno@comcast.net

jamesg658 wrote:
Please post your contact information so that other names can be added. As you suggest, volume of numbers will do more to impress the AGs office than anything else. jamesg658

Elaine F.
Mar 20, 2015

This seems unnecessarily public, expensive, & open-ended. If people are giving personal contact info and $500 each, shouldn't they be doing so directly with the lawyers who claim to be putting together a legal case? Why not post the phone number of these lawyers, so that interested TMC owners can talk to them before committing info & money. Full names & info on the lawyers would also allow interested TMC owners to do an internet search on their reputations & authenticity. The AG already knows the "volume of numbers" involved in this case & will respond directly to all owners who contact the NY AG office.

Sally W.
Mar 20, 2015

jonathan2 wrote:
I am not giving anything back to the Manhattan Club and am not paying them anything else as long as the NYS AG is involved. As I have said before in this post and others, I believe the best thing we can do is stay organized and as united as possible. In my opinion the best way to do this is through a NY real estate attorney who can filter any information that we give him and decide what is important and pass this on to the AG office. Our group which now consists of 19 people is represented by such an attorney and he has been interviewed by Jeff Weir. I am hoping we can get a larger group involved and have even more influence with the AG investigation.

I don't understand the wisdom of paying an unknown lawyer to filter our information and decide what he will pass on to the AG. Sounds like an unnecessary middleman. The AG can decide for himself what is important and relevant to his case. The AG is taking info from all TMC owners - write to/email him directly. Also, sending the same info to the FTC sounds like an excellent and useful (and no-cost) solution for action.

Sally W.
Mar 20, 2015

Please post this attorney's contact info so we may speak with him directly and check out his credentials online.

jonathan2 wrote:
Since we have hired an attorney, please understand that he needs to be paid. As I have written on other posts the contribution that we need is $500 per owner. I didn't want to address that initially on this blog since I was kicked off for solicitation last time I posted here. Since that time, however, a post was listed from Jeff Weir in which he interviewed Mr. Wasser, our attorney. Sorry about the mix up but if you want more info or and engagement letter from Mr. Wasser, please contact me at jdp441@gmail.com. Jonathan

Sally W.
Mar 20, 2015

I believe that the original thinking was that until recently, it wasn't clear that anything that the AG might do would apply to EVERYONE... not just NY residents. So hiring an 'owners' lawyer seemed like a good idea. It also wasn't clear until a few months ago that the AG would take info from owners directly... or that they would actually process it for legally poignant information. Having thousands of people send the same type of info to the AG didn't seem reasonable or productive at the time. But there is nothing wrong with doing both, either, or neither.

Dennis C.
Mar 20, 2015

What will an attorney be doing for the owners? Is the goal to have the developers buy back the timeshares at the cost paid?

Stephen H.
Mar 20, 2015

As I have mentioned in the past, what the attorney is doing is to provide as much info as possible to the AG. He reviews info from each member of our group and passes on the info that he deems to be important. What the AG decides is what the AG decides.

Jonathan P.
Mar 20, 2015

fibonacci1212@gmail.com Thank you for organizing the owners!

Fibo N.
Mar 20, 2015

Peter and Joan Seda jeseda@charter.net own 2 weeks at The Manhattan Club

ruggero1 wrote:
Ruggero Zambon via G.Verga6/A 45100 Rovigo Italy cell +393805851852 mail rzambon@libero.it

fredc55 wrote:

jamesg658 wrote:

Joan S.
Mar 21, 2015

We have been contacted (by phone) by Kimberly Verprue (not sure about her last name) of the NY AG's office, real estate division to schedule an informational interview next week regarding our experience with the MHC.

It seems that there may be some movement on this in the AG's office.

Will post additional information as available.

Sal A.
Mar 21, 2015

stevejakab@sbcglolbal.net

Stephen J.
Mar 21, 2015

Please email me at jdp441@gmail.com if you are interested. Jonathan

Jonathan P.
Mar 21, 2015

Really, we all will be most interested in outcome of this meeting.

Elaine F.
Mar 21, 2015

Jason Martin 12352 quail woods Dr Germantown MD 20874 jmartin30@gmail.com

Jason M.
Mar 21, 2015

But why hire a lawyer to pass info to the AG when we can do that directly with the AG? I can see hiring a lawyer to build a separate civil suit on behalf of all TMC owners, i.e., a class action suit. But that's not what this is - it is only for the purpose of sending info to a lawyer who will pass it to the AG. Why?

dennisc283 wrote:
I believe that the original thinking was that until recently, it wasn't clear that anything that the AG might do would apply to EVERYONE... not just NY residents. So hiring an 'owners' lawyer seemed like a good idea. It also wasn't clear until a few months ago that the AG would take info from owners directly... or that they would actually process it for legally poignant information. Having thousands of people send the same type of info to the AG didn't seem reasonable or productive at the time. But there is nothing wrong with doing both, either, or neither.

Sally W.
Mar 21, 2015

Kurt Jacobson owner 21 bennett road matawan n.j 07747 kurt_jacobson@yahoo.com

Robert
Mar 21, 2015

What is the persons name and address in the AG office of New York? I think we all should be sending our names to be on their list.

Stanley A.
Mar 22, 2015

my current analysis of this total headache is that the nysag has a cadre of attorneys, and although progress is slow re the lawsuit, he has garnered much information; please show how an independent attorney can add any more "ammunition" to the nysag's case in order to compensate us owners/shareholders of THE MANHATTAN CLUB for our collective mega losses.

jonathan2 wrote:
As I have mentioned in the past, what the attorney is doing is to provide as much info as possible to the AG. He reviews info from each member of our group and passes on the info that he deems to be important. What the AG decides is what the AG decides.

Chris V.
Mar 22, 2015

That would take divine intervention, most likely..... But would be divine justice!

Lynn S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.