The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

May 21, 2017

We also stopped paying. They can have it back, I can see no money out of this lawsuit, and I just can not continued to fuel the crooks.

Gary S.
May 21, 2017

dennis, i wish i could disagree with the accurate points you made in your response to my comments re TUG. i can't. although i'm not a drinking man, all i can do is cry in my not-often-drunk beer............make that a good irish dark beer......no brand names used but it ends with an S, and has a U somewhere.

i simply found another outlet to air frustrations that we all have in common, plus others that may be personal. also on a more pragmatic note, maybe if schneiderman (if he looks) will see that were taking further steps, he'll make attempts to speed up the legislative process IN OUR FAVOR. seems like this litigation is being milked by someone: over 4 years and counting.

we have no strength to push this situation to a (our) beneficial ending, so i think we're stuck with SIT TIGHT AND ENJOY THE SUMMER, albeit not at TMC.

chris

ps: check out and join the TUG FORUM. NOTHING VENTURED , (PERHAPS) NOTHING GAINED. on the other hand, we seem to have nowhere else to turn when new york elected officials can't help us.

dennisc283 wrote:
Chris; I guess its OK to air grievances over on TUG, but to what end? TMC can't sell anything, so you'd not be warning potential buyers. And there's nobody at this point that can actually HELP us TMC involved folks. Several lawyers have tried the class action gambit, to no avail. If Schneiderman and the full force of the NY State Attorney General, a bevy of lawyers, and the investigatory team can't help, there is none for us. But if the outlet makes people feel better, have at it.

Chris V.
May 21, 2017

I've been paying my maintenance fee since 2001. The amount per year presently is $3322.93 and its become unaffordable and outrageous. I'm wondering how many other owners stopped paying and what are the repercussions if you do? I'm worried that it will effect my credit score, put a lien on my personal property or have collection agency calling my cell phone.. I'm also upset that if I don't pay and I pass the debt goes to my estate. Can anyone help answer any of these questions?

Thanks,

Gary J Paccagnini

Gary P.
May 22, 2017

I was advised by mail this March that, if I did not pay my maintenance fee of $2842.67, interest of 16% plus a late fee of $50 would be applied to my timeshare charges in the amount of $409.25. I paid and am trying to rent it but have not had any success either this year or last year. I have never been able to rent it for what it is costing me. While the lawsuit is ongoing, based on past messages on this blog, my understanding is that is TMC is not allowed to take an action against you that would have an effect on your credit score. However, I don't know what would happen if and when the lawsuit is settled and you are left with an outstanding balance. I am just waiting now to sell it back, even if it's just for $1.

garyp151 wrote:
I've been paying my maintenance fee since 2001. The amount per year presently is $3322.93 and its become unaffordable and outrageous. I'm wondering how many other owners stopped paying and what are the repercussions if you do? I'm worried that it will effect my credit score, put a lien on my personal property or have collection agency calling my cell phone.. I'm also upset that if I don't pay and I pass the debt goes to my estate. Can anyone help answer any of these questions?

Thanks,

Gary J Paccagnini

Mara F.
May 22, 2017

Help... I am an owner at the Manhattan club. I was reading all these posts a MN D was wondering what is going on? I noticed our maintenance fees weMy up significantly but I thought that was just how it went? What is going on? Is it true they didn't pay taxes and mymajntenvr fees are going up due to mismanagement of $$$$?

Suzi P.
May 23, 2017

Maraf7, I don't know but my hope is that the worst that could happen is that they repossess/seize the timeshare, which as you mention would not be a bad thing.

Thomas M.

Last edited by thomasm832 on May 23, 2017 09:11 AM

May 23, 2017

I would hope that people are paying their maintenance fees. I believe this is one of the reasons the fees are going up which is to cover the costs of those not paying. While I'm not happy about what's going on it's wrong to expect others to cover their costs. Hopefully when this is over there will be some sort of settlement.

Anita B.
May 23, 2017

anitab188 wrote:
I would hope that people are paying their maintenance fees. I believe this is one of the reasons the fees are going up which is to cover the costs of those not paying. While I'm not happy about what's going on it's wrong to expect others to cover their costs. Hopefully when this is over there will be some sort of settlement.

Some owners have been lucky for years to making MC reservations successfully and enjoining the club, therefore they were getting the product and services they paid for. Other owners were paying for the product and were refused for reservations, in some cases they never got a reservation for the entire ownership. Something is wrong with such situation, isn't? Why some owners have to pay for enjoyment of other owners?

I would hope that everyone stop paying their maintenance fees. That provides a chance to resolve the havoc that had been created by MC in a timely manner and will trigger the settlement.

Fibo N.
May 23, 2017

There are about 14,000 purchasers of TMC. judging from the various facebook, redweek and yahoo groups, I'd guess that only several hundred or maybe a thousand are even aware of the legal proceedings...so getting a large group of purchasers to act in concert is not possible.

Dennis C.
May 23, 2017

Maintenance fees have gone up to make up for those who are not paying. Like it or not, things have to be settled in a court of law. Who knows how all this will play out.

Laura H.
May 24, 2017

go to www.nycourts.gov

go to E COURTS go to Web CIVIL SUPREME Index 451536-2015

you can read all about this ongoing investigation

or call Attorney general @ 212-416-6096

Gary P.
May 24, 2017

I also had been unable to use my week until recently. I was forced to deposit it with RCI incurring their fees and no have so many points that I'll probably loose them. But I still paid my fees. Unfortunately I only just found out about this lawsuit. Hopefully something will be done and soon. I'm guessing this lawsuit that has put a hold on renting, etc. rooms has freed up almost any time you could want to book. I've had zero issues getting rooms this Summer (which has NEVER been the case), so for now I'll take advantage of that -- but of course you have to pay your fees to use them.

Anita B.
May 24, 2017

CIVIL SUPREME INDEX # is 451536-2014 sorry for that mistake you can read all that has been submitted

Everyone is dragging their feet and need all owners to call The Attorney Generals office and complain

phone # 212-416-6096

Gary P.
May 24, 2017

Just to clarify this is not a lawsuit its an investigation that's been going on for 3 years Such a bunch of bull****

Gary P.
May 24, 2017

Need all 1200 owners to call Attorney Generals office and flood their phones with our concerns

212-416-6096 This has to be corrected and corrected now!!

Gary P.
May 24, 2017

I WOULD SUGGEST THAT EVERY OWNER OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB, CALL THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE OF NEW YORK, EVERY DAY SO THAT WE WILL GET NOTICED. MAKE THEM REALIZE THAT AFTER 3 YEARS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE KNOW. I JUST CALLED AND I SUGGEST THAT EVERY OWNER CALL AS WELL. THE AG JUST SETTLED A LARGE CASE WITH "TARGET", HIS TIME SHOULD BE FREED UP, SO LET'S GET ROLLING IN SETTLING THIS FRAUD CASE. TO THE PERSON WHO IS DISGRUNTLED ABOUT PAYING THEIR MAINTENANCE FEES, AND WE ARE NOT. DO THEY REALIZE THAT THEY ARE JUST PUTTING THAT MONEY INTO THE HANDS OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CREATING FRAUD FOR US. DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT THE LAW, AND WE ALL SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL. JUST STOP PAYING, AND YOU WILL SEE HOW QUICKLY THIS MATTER BEGINS TO COME TO A SETTLEMENT.

Henry D.
May 24, 2017

Certainly all TMC owners should call the Attorney's General's office in New York. You should also call your Attorney General's office in your State as well as your elected Congressman or woman and Senator to call the Attorney General of New York about this four year investigation. The only notices that I have received is the June 30 court proceedings allowing Eichner and company to use owners maintenance fees to pay their lawyer fees. Our concerns are not on the agenda.

Alvan S.
May 25, 2017

Just read that the Manhattan club owner(Eichner) is using our maintenance fees to pay for his lawyer expenses.

Is this true??

Gary P.

Last edited by garyp151 on May 25, 2017 05:47 AM

May 25, 2017

dennisc283 wrote:
There are about 14,000 purchasers of TMC. judging from the various facebook, redweek and yahoo groups, I'd guess that only several hundred or maybe a thousand are even aware of the legal proceedings...so getting a large group of purchasers to act in concert is not possible.

According to the MC Annual Budgets, interests sold =14, 872 which is calculated form amount of units =286 and number of weeks =52. Interestingly, the same numbers were used every year since 2006, except 2015 and 2016 where the number of units was shown 296. Like there were no sales/purchases or any kind of dynamics over the years. Owners were never informed how many interests on sale, number of buy-backs, purchases, etc. Tricks.

In regards to the number of OWNERS, it's a great MC secret which was not disclosed even to the AG so far. Though when searching public records, we can see lots owners who purchased 1 or more interests. On the other hand, MC was selling Triennials 1/156 interests and Quadrennials 1/208 interests and they did not report that in the Budgets.

Interests were also sold to different companies. How many interests are owned by 1 Owner-company in that case? Only Vacation Trust (Bluegreens) purchased 2520 packets (variety of interests) in 2011-2014 .

Therefore number of OWNERS might be 10 times more or 10 times less. We are in a such deep bs , literary equaled to slavery under MC crooks. More owners stop payments, the boat will sink faster.

Fibo N.
May 25, 2017

I was contacted today by TMCs Lynne O'Donnell to correct my credit card information. My contract starts in Feb 2018 and they are trying to 'charge my card' 9 months before! I canceled my card a few days ago and have no intention of paying TMC another cent! For those of you that feel all owners should 'pay,' I am sorry to say it is every owner's choice to do as they please! I am not waiting another day for the AG to sue these crooks! I am out!

Jim M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.