The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jan 28, 2014

johnb2353 Can you tell me what attorney you used to get out of this timeshare? Or does anyone have a good attorney to get thsi done? Thanks.

Fredi O.

Last edited by fredio on Jan 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 28, 2014

I am feeling not so good as I have done some research on the sblau@bbpc-law.com email address and I don't think it is linked to a law firm at all. It appears to be some sort of advertising site and that's not too clear either. Can someone assuage my doubts about this? If someone calls you and says they are an attorney named Mr. Blau could you get the website for the firm and a phone #. Thanks.

Fredi O.
Jan 28, 2014

I sent an email yesterday and have heard nothing. I also tried to email alexcrystal22@gmail.com but it bounced back due to an invalid email address. So I'm not sure about any of this.

Deborah S.
Jan 28, 2014

I had the same problem!

Deborah S.
Jan 29, 2014

We are original owners and also have no luck ever getting reservations, even 9 months in advance. We only book on days they tell us it's available otherwise, we lose our days. I know, I'm singing to the choir. We were there this past weekend (because who wants to be there in mid January?!) and had an incident with the glass dining table. It wasn't secured to the base in any way and when I pushed back my chair to get up, the glass top slid off and hit the floor, breaking clean in half. It was chipped before we got there. I wonder how that happened. Someone came up, asked if anyone was hurt, cleaned it up put a "new" chipped glass top on, not secured, and left. No incident report, no discussion about responsibility. Next morning, receive a statement under the door that our credit card on file was charged $850 for a new glass top. Complained while we were there, weekend people said they can't take it off, talk to General Manager on Monday. Had a heated discussion with him, Sal Reale, about how they "don't have budget for breakage" and it's not covered under our 2k maintenance fee. Which, by the way, we "should be grateful it's not 10k given this is NYC and if they had to pay for everything that ever broke." He said he "got a deal from the glass distributer and would only charge us $650." I'm not interested in giving him anything and told him so. Nothing was solved over the phone. I disputed the charge on my credit card, filled out a report with the BBB (that they received today, now we're waiting for a response) and wrote a letter to the Attorney General. How can I be sure to be involved in your class action suit? Any info you can give is much appreciated, Ralph and Debbie Flamini with co owner Elena Cahill

Irene S.
Jan 30, 2014

Fredio -- send me your contact information at jockwood@hotmail.com. I will forward it to my attorney. My attorney is handling a few of these cases now.

John

John B.
Jan 30, 2014

johnb2353 - I have emailed you. Thansk so much for your help.

Fredi O.
Jan 30, 2014

Irenes93 If you spoke to Attorney Blau please supply his phone and firm info. I am skeptical that he is an attorney as I could find no info on a firm and the email is linked to a strange advertising site. Thanks.

Fredi O.

Last edited by fredio on Jan 30, 2014 09:00 AM

Jan 30, 2014

irenes93 to the Flaminis - If you are new posters, why are you posting under irenes93. She has been posting for quite awhile?

Fredi O.
Jan 30, 2014

You are welcome.

John B.
Jan 30, 2014

Please can you explain to me how you managed to reverse your sale back to the club. We bought in 2010, and given the rand/dollar exchange it is a financial drain on us. At the time of purchase we asked if they would buy it back one day, a verbal yes but nothing in writing - error # 1. Now 3 years later when we try to ask them to sell it we are told that is not their business. W are desperate for any assistance.

Vanessa S.
Jan 31, 2014

Please advise the process as to how to resell timeshare back to Manhatten club. We are hitting our heads against a brick wall.

richardj232 wrote:
how exactly does one go about 'reverse selling' a share back to the club? do they give you a fair price at least? this place is baaaaadddd neeewwssss. the lawsuit is right on point.

klh5 wrote:
I wish you all the best with this suit. I came to end of my MC rope when fees had increased from apprx $500/yr to just under 2 grand in 10 years with no end in sight and being told that there was no vacancy when I would call for time. So, I "reversed sold" my share back to the Club. It was worth it, to end all the hazzles including fraudulent use of my cc by some one at the club, and consequently being harrassed to pay, by credit!, the fee and RE tax, months in advance of my anniversary date, which was stated as THE due date on my contract. I am so relieved to be out of it. Best wishes.

Vanessa S.
Jan 31, 2014

Dear Crystals120 ! Thank you for such an educational lesson ! I cannot stop laughing at your square linear logic. Ha - ha-ha, thank you again! Could you please explain what are the benefits of hanging for hours on the phone while trying to make a reservation, getting rude responses on unavailability from the CS, planning your life 12 months ahead, receiving maintenance fees bills 6 months in advance, fighting against unauthorized charges on CC, and dealing with all these headaches? What kind of 'owner' you are if you are lack of ability to use your 'ownership'?

I can make reservation at any hotel in the world, that takes 5 minutes. As a guest I can reserve the Manh Club online, that would take 3 minutes, for beautiful price $199 which is cheaper than my 'ownership'.

Are you the person who rents out our 'ownerships' ? Or maybe you are looking to buy TMC? Please post your request, I will gift you mine one ! Best Regards

Fibo N.
Feb 02, 2014

John, could you please send your attorney's contact information to me at nancylumer@aol.com. Thank you!

Nancy L.
Feb 02, 2014

Yes, be happy to Nancy. John

John B.
Feb 03, 2014

I am a current owner and would also like to join the lawsuit. How do we join?

Thanks.

Sal A.
Feb 03, 2014

The lawsuit is proceeding. The Attorney is asking the court to certify this as a class action. Then everyone would be included.

sblau@bbpc-law.com

Irene S.
Feb 03, 2014

Nancy,

Please let me know how it goes with the Attorney and the buy back of your timeshare ownership. I have spoken with Attorney and TMC required us to pay maintenance fees in advance of them taking it back. This request was made after months of Attorney asking TMC, how and when, we could arrange a take back (or buy back). Please email me your experience with the take back/buy back. Now my maintenance fees are due this month, but I'm not comfortable paying for another year and getting nothing in return yet again for another year. email: vnschfr@aol.com

Vanessa S.
Feb 04, 2014

Hello,

I am interested in this law suit as I am looking to sue MC myself. Can you help or direct me to an attorney? Thank you

theresarheitman@hotmail.com

alexc100 wrote:
Hi, ex-owners can still participate in the law suite. You just need to fill out the survey and send it to the law firm. If you are interested we'll send you a survey. For this purpose please provide your email address . EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE !

Theresa H.
Feb 04, 2014

Hello,

I am also interested in this lawsuit. Can someone direct me or recommend an atty to sue them for Fraud and Breech of contract? email: theresarheitman@hotmail.com

Theresa H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.