The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 06, 2017

For those of you that have not been paying your yearly dues, did you lose the deed on your timeshare.? I am wondering how TMC handles this. Did they send you to claims, send you to collections, etc? Did it ruin your credit?

I have 3 flex weeks and 1 fixed week during new years. I would like to continue using 2 of those and want to stop paying the dues on the others but I am worried about what route they take to recover it. Please advise. Thank you, M

Miriam R.
Sep 07, 2017

I would wait and see just how the settlement will be settled,I am in nearly the same boat as you , have 4 weeks but now don,t use much, but I want to see how the AG case settlement plays out,will the next owners that buys out the Eichners also offer to buy owners that want to sell? if you can give it a little time

Howard B.
Sep 12, 2017

that i'm aware of, this forum hasn't presented any info from jeff weir (redweek.com's news correspondent) about the newest info re TMC.. i understand he wrote a somewhat lengthy summary about the results of the the court settlement issues to date............. what still needs to be worked out............negotiated or something to move us forward in pursuing satisfaction of tmc owners' financial, maintenance and reservations interests.

hoping to see something in this redweek.com forum .....THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT soon.

thanks.

keep in touch.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 12, 2017 01:08 PM

Sep 12, 2017

Do you have a Timeshare with Manhattan Club? We got ours cancelled last week with a company in Maine

Dustin M.
Sep 12, 2017

We just got our contract with MC terminated last week.

Dustin M.
Sep 12, 2017

dustinm41 wrote:
Do you have a Timeshare with Manhattan Club? We got ours cancelled last week with a company in Maine

What company and how much did it cost?

Thomas M.
Sep 12, 2017

roger, please call me and I'll go thru options with you. One obvious way is to use RW's online site to generate interest in your TS at TMC. 310-801-3479

Jeffrey W.
Sep 12, 2017

NYAG is not releasing details of settlement nor providing any guidance so far to RW. They are frustrating the interests of owners for no apparent public interest.

Jeffrey W.
Sep 12, 2017

We have not paid anything in three years. We receive a form letter twice a year informing us of our tardiness, but otherwise, no action has been taken by TMC.

Mark A.
Sep 13, 2017

So we finally get a result from the lengthy, tortuous investigation. Three years of speculation and angst. And then NO official notification of any kind from either TMC or NYAG as to how this affects owners. So incredibly disrespectful to the thousands of people that sit here wondering what to do. Money. Pffft.

Paul D.
Sep 13, 2017

I am definitely interested in joining the class action suit. I have been dissatisfied for the past 15 years! Thanks, Stephanie Noseda

Stephanie N.
Sep 13, 2017

While sifting through many owner questions about the Manhattan Club settlement, RedWeek has become aware that some transfer and release companies are now actively targetingTMC owners to get rid of their timeshares by hiring these upfront-fee companies. If you have been solicited by such a company, please post the information here so other owners can benefit from your experience. Moreover, there should be no need for a "rush to sell" a TMC timeshare, now, because the settlement will eventually lead to a new company taking over TMC. For many people, that change in ownership may enable them to get a brand new start at the club. For others who still want out, the new owners are expected to endorse a plan that will provide a painless and legal exit program.

Jeffrey W.
Sep 13, 2017

Thanks to you who share how to exit MC timeshare!N

Nancy A.
Sep 13, 2017

There. Is. No. Class. Action. Lawsuit. Please read a few pages back of prior posts to catch up on current status.

Dennis C.
Sep 14, 2017

Thanks Jeff. You are the voice of reason.

Lena P.
Sep 14, 2017

Stipulation is short and simple, signed by both sides, filed with court, but gives no further information about what happens next at club. The blackout on disclosure to owners continues. We will update as details emerge on terms and implementation of a settlement that is now one month old.

Jeffrey W.
Sep 14, 2017

I'd also like to know how to properly dispose of the deed. Thanks toddherzer@mac.com

Todd H.
Sep 14, 2017

i believe that if owners have an mortgage obligation and it's not paid, their credit standing would be affected. i doubt very much if non-payment of maintenance fees affect credit ratings; keep in mind, that's my opinion, but i'll stand by that at least 80%.

miriamr38 wrote:
For those of you that have not been paying your yearly dues, did you lose the deed on your timeshare.? I am wondering how TMC handles this. Did they send you to claims, send you to collections, etc? Did it ruin your credit?

I have 3 flex weeks and 1 fixed week during new years. I would like to continue using 2 of those and want to stop paying the dues on the others but I am worried about what route they take to recover it. Please advise. Thank you, M

Chris V.
Sep 14, 2017

hi jeff,

have you been able to exercise your media position to speak with mr schneiderman or one of his reliable representatives to get and share settlement info with this redweek.com forum?

keep in touch.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 14, 2017 06:19 PM

Sep 15, 2017

My message to alexcrystal22@gmail.com was returned as undeliverable.

Christine M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.