The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 21, 2018

yes please sue Also, How about contacting a TV station that looks into fraudulent acts,etc. and do an expose on Eicher and the malprractice of the attorney general. Eichner should be in jail and the atty general fired.,was he involved on a payoff or fraud?

Bruce D.
Feb 21, 2018

YES

chrisv126 wrote:
sue, my answer is "yes" with conditions: i do not want out. i want fair treatment regarding reservations and i want the maintenance fees to be reduced substantially. frankly, i do not want to pay to give something of value away, i.e., lawyers' fees. if i pay an attorney, i want to keep what i paid for with the benefits i mentioned.

chris

sueo79 wrote:
I am a current MC timeshare owner. I have found an attorney in NJ that is looking at opening a new lawsuit on behalf of us/owners. He has begun to look at previous lawsuits that were thrown out/and why. That is key.

If you are at all interested in this, please reply YES - that's all i need right now....(and no, i do not know the cost yet - or any of that info as it may depend on numbers of participants. All i want to do right now is get an idea of who may want to join a NEW lawsuit. I see there is 190 pages of comments on this topic - I personally can't spend another year waiting and hoping something different happens or what a new owner of the Manhattan Club might charge, etc......the time is NOW to do something, and stop the madness. I want them fined for FRAUD - and I want out of the deed. If you are at all interested in more information regarding a NEW lawsuit filed by many owners - reply YES! Sue

Carl A.
Feb 21, 2018

YES

Carl A.
Feb 21, 2018

Yes - count me in!

Deborah S.
Feb 21, 2018

Yes I'm interested.

Lynette Coulter

chrisv126 wrote:
sue, my answer is "yes" with conditions: i do not want out. i want fair treatment regarding reservations and i want the maintenance fees to be reduced substantially. frankly, i do not want to pay to give something of value away, i.e., lawyers' fees. if i pay an attorney, i want to keep what i paid for with the benefits i mentioned.

chris

sueo79 wrote:
I am a current MC timeshare owner. I have found an attorney in NJ that is looking at opening a new lawsuit on behalf of us/owners. He has begun to look at previous lawsuits that were thrown out/and why. That is key.

If you are at all interested in this, please reply YES - that's all i need right now....(and no, i do not know the cost yet - or any of that info as it may depend on numbers of participants. All i want to do right now is get an idea of who may want to join a NEW lawsuit. I see there is 190 pages of comments on this topic - I personally can't spend another year waiting and hoping something different happens or what a new owner of the Manhattan Club might charge, etc......the time is NOW to do something, and stop the madness. I want them fined for FRAUD - and I want out of the deed. If you are at all interested in more information regarding a NEW lawsuit filed by many owners - reply YES! Sue

Lynette C.
Feb 21, 2018

My answer is yes. I want out of TMC.

Marion A.
Feb 21, 2018

Yes. I want out of TMC.

Fibo N.
Feb 21, 2018

We all WANT OUT but to throw more money at Bad Money is not a great idea!

Jim M.
Feb 22, 2018

What is the purpose of the lawsuit - just to get an owner out of ownership or is it to recoup damages that would include returning the purchase price to the plaintiff?

Gail J.
Feb 22, 2018

Yes, Sue, I definitely want in! I not only want to get out of my expensive, ponzi timeshare at TMC, but I would also like some justice done regarding Eichner et al. Bernie Madoff went to jail for his ponzi scheme. The defendants in the AG case have already plead guilty and even though those admissions cannot be used in a another court case, they can be deposed and testify in a separate case and they are not allowed to deny their admissions of fraud.

Beth C.
Feb 22, 2018

Yes, Sue, I am with you Brigitte

Brigitte T.
Feb 22, 2018

yes

Pamela G.
Feb 22, 2018

Any lawyer should be taking a class action suit on contingency. No money up front from class action clients. If said lawyer wants money up front, then it is just throwing good money after bad.

Fred C.
Feb 22, 2018

BobM...Where is this attorney located?

Cynthia F.

Last edited by cynthiaf185 on Feb 22, 2018 10:16 AM

Feb 22, 2018

Yes, I am willing to join the lawsuit. Let me add this; it is my understanding now that the state's legal investigation is complete, it is possible to get action from the Federal Trade Commission's consumer fraud division. Their stated goal is to "protect consumers by preventing fraud and deceptive practices". Since The Manhattan Club does business across state lines they must comply with federal law as well as state. Further, if timeshare units were over sold when TMC was mailing members incentives for referrals it seems to me that this was also mail fraud on a federal level. Are there any lawyers reading this post who can add their opinon on this subject?

Joseph P.
Feb 22, 2018

YES! sue

chrisv126 wrote:

chris

sueo79 wrote:

Kathleem F.
Feb 22, 2018

Attorneys do not ask for upfront funds on lawsuits. They receive compensation from the funds rewarded...usually33%.

Elaine F.
Feb 22, 2018

not always....and in a case where all of them have been thrown out prior - I would expect an attorney charge at least a nominal fee to do research and prep. I can't answer for anyone as to what to do....I am just trying to help others, and figure it out myself as well.

Sue O.
Feb 23, 2018

You are exactly correct -no attorney, after studying the prior litigious history ( prior lawsuits being tossed out), will take on this case without some up front money - not if he is a successful attorney with an excellent background.

Gail J.
Feb 23, 2018

Sue: please call me so I can follow up on this idea. Jeff Weir 310-801-3479

Jeffrey W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.