The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 14, 2018

I will like to join in the class action Suit. j Anain sr

Joseph A.
Mar 14, 2018

Sharon- one of the issues to be resolved by the Admimistrator and/or new owner prospects is the difference between TMC’s records on deed registrations & taxes AND the records of the NYC Dept of Finance.

sharonv68 wrote:
I am still curious how the fraud will be made right to the enormous amount of oversold owners (14,000 of us) that really don't own anything. It's like a home in the suburbs that 10 different people claim they own. But the reality only one home exits and only one can claim ownership to that deed. So if TMC is a deeded timeshare (which it is) how is this possible? The fraud is very disturbing. So many seems to be OK that they are involved in a fraudulent investment. Furthermore, with the appearent information that the property taxes have not been paid since 2016 where are the funds being pilfered for property taxes. Is this more fraud being discovered? Reminiscent of the 2007 ponzi schemes. You buy a deed to the property and TMC turns around and sells the same deed again and again even though they don't really have anything left to sell. Who can possibly think this is acceptable way to transact business? To bilk people out of their hard earned money when they actually do not now own anything. They just think they do! 14,000 of us really don't own anything the "other guy" owns it. So who are they that actually own the deeds. In another deeded timeshare I own the property tax bill is send directly to me and I pay the county assessor directly for my deed. Why is TMC not set up that way? We likely would have figured the fraud out a long time ago when they county couldn't provide a property tax bill for each deed because someone whose owns it. How will this mess be solved!!

Dennis C.
Mar 19, 2018

Is there finally a Class Action Lawsuit against "The Manhattan Club?" AKA Bruce Eichner? I have not been following this forum for quite some time because it was so upsetting to see how the State of New York was handling this case. From AG to Courts and nothing was getting resolved. Seems like more of the same. I'll sell it back to them, gift it to anyone, give it to anyone......?

Is there someone that I need to contact regarding my timeshare? Lynn ODonnell (she is a part of this whole scam as well). I will contact her if there is something she can actually do to "get rid of this monster on my back"!

Thank you. Vanessa Schaefer

Vanessa S.
Mar 19, 2018

vanessa 175,

your feelings are duplicated by most of us. although not requested, my advice is to hang in until the so-called settlement takes place. consider joining the lawsuit, but be aware, i emailed the recommended attorneys twice for their initial questionnaire........to date, nada, nothing. paying or not paying maintenance fees?............that's another question which requires knowledgeable answers. if you page back to bob billelo"s letter to schneiderman (he gave his ok to copy it with appropriate amendments to suit your situation) check it out, and send it to: the NYSAG SCHNEIDERMAN AND A COPY TO GOV CUOMO. FYI, I DID, AND NARY A RESPONSE FROM EITHER POLITICIAN "who work for their constituents......."HOPE YOU''RE LAUGHING---COMIC RELIEF .....but worth a try. we don't have much more to work with.

the law has abandoned us and the criminals get away scott free. could somebody be getting paid off?

fuzzies to you,

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 19, 2018 05:47 PM

Mar 19, 2018

I have a question - since the M. Club weeks were very oversold, those "excess" owners were obviously billed yearly for their maintenance fee too, yet the annual budget was computed on the total of the weeks that were available to be sold. And from those figures came the computation for what the annual maintenance fee would be. So - what happened to all the excess maintenance fees that were collected ( which would be the maintenance fees collected from the oversold weeks).

Gail J.
Mar 19, 2018

Nathan's info from AG office is encouraging. August 2018 the 2nd payment will be due of 1.625 million. However it seems there is no change in current operation of MC. It bugs me that because we were talked in to buying into RCI that we must make reservations through RCI 11 months in advance of desired night, and can not make reservations directly with MC 9 months in advance. We note that there are loads of rooms available in very short notice to rent through "Booking.com" or other sources. Seems to me that this should have been immediately prohibited unless there were no MC owners wishing reservations for a given night. Do any if you have similar problems? Dee

Dru M.
Mar 20, 2018

ChrisV,

Thanks for your response. So, this investigation legal wrangling is still ongoing. We stopped paying the outrageous maintenance fees when they stopped providing us with room nights. This happened for three years in a row. Year after year we were losing two to three nights a year for a vacation we already paid for. At that point we decided to start trading our week and that became another problem in itself.

Vanessa S.
Mar 20, 2018

I'd like to join the Lawsuit.

2001 Owner, Marion

Marion A.
Mar 20, 2018

Please be patient with the attorney Jean Marc Zimmerman. We are up to over 200 people emailing him to get on the list, and many of them are asking detailed questions in their email. That has been hard for his team to get back to every email. He has been furiously trying to review all casework and strategize with collegues on next steps. If you have emailed once - maybe do it again and just ask that you are on the main list. If you already emailed twice, I'm sure you are. Another TMC owner Margo R. ,is helping keep the list of everyone in a very detailed format for him - so if you emailed, I'm pretty sure she has it. . He should be sending on line surveys soon - I saw the draft recently. thank you.

Sue O.

Last edited by sueo79 on Mar 20, 2018 07:34 PM

Mar 20, 2018

“Inherited” the TMC nightmare. Still wrapping my head around how another person can force a financial liability on another without agreement. Please forgive me if this sounds insensitive, but I have been tempted to go downtown locally and payoff a homeless person to do a quick claim deed transfer. If they don’t have anything that TMC could take it would leave TMC chasing their own tail. The Trustee’s have no desire to use or keep this and are okay with the loss of the $17K + paid...just want to be released from future liabilities! So far Trust is out about $4K in dues and attempted selling costs. I hope remedies are made available to those of us willing to just walk-away sooner. It would save them some problems if less hands were being held out.

Sheryl D.
Mar 21, 2018

Don't know what state you are in, however You may be able to file a " Disclaimer of Interest" If you've inherited an estate but you have no desire to keep it, you have the option of disclaiming it. Here in Virginia you have the right to disclaim any property or estate that you don't wish to inherit. Being named the beneficiary in a will or estate plan does not bind you to your inheritance. Here in Virginia you have nine months to file your disclaimer. The nine month term begins from the date of the death of the estate holder. You must file with the court that is overseeing the estate.

Good luck.

Robert R.

Last edited by robertr490 on Mar 21, 2018 08:14 AM

Mar 21, 2018

How do I email Jean Marc Zimmerman? Thanks!

sueo79 wrote:
Please be patient with the attorney Jean Marc Zimmerman. We are up to over 200 people emailing him to get on the list, and many of them are asking detailed questions in their email. That has been hard for his team to get back to every email. He has been furiously trying to review all casework and strategize with collegues on next steps. If you have emailed once - maybe do it again and just ask that you are on the main list. If you already emailed twice, I'm sure you are. Another TMC owner Margo R. ,is helping keep the list of everyone in a very detailed format for him - so if you emailed, I'm pretty sure she has it. . He should be sending on line surveys soon - I saw the draft recently. thank you.

Rachelle A.
Mar 21, 2018

Irene, What exactly did you sue TMC for?

L C.
Mar 21, 2018

Irene, What exactly did you sue TMC for? And how do I reach you privately for any other questions?

L C.
Mar 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive & actually useful information.

L C.
Mar 21, 2018

I just received The Manhattan Club Survey from Jean Marc Zimmerman. His contact information is attached:

jmz@zimllp.com Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090 T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751

Vivien S.
Mar 22, 2018

Yes, just received the survey, filled it out immediately.

We’ve heard how TMC has vigorously defended itself in a minor $5000 small claims suit by sending 3 lawyers to court. I firmly believe that our best hope to get any kind of settlement concessions from TMC is to launch a strong legal offensive against them.

I encourage all wronged TMC owners to contact attorney Zimmerman and plan to join in the lawsuit.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Mar 22, 2018

I'm interested in getting involved with any further lawsuits against Manhattan club, please contact me in regards

David B.
Mar 22, 2018

UPDATE 3/22/18: TO THE OVER 200 of you that have emailed and are now on attorney Jean Marc Zimmerman's list - he has sent out the surveys to you via EMAIL. Please look for it and reply ASAP. If you want to be included on this list - please email him at JMZ@ZIMLLP.com (put in subject) ADD ME TO YOUR MANHATTAN CLUB SURVEY LIST ALSO: we want to reach at least 1000 members - if you know other friends/family that you can share this with - please do so.

Sue O.
Mar 22, 2018

Warning so this doesn't happen to anyone else: I got the survey, clicked through the questions to review them since I am keeping track of this on behalf of my mom, and even though I didn't answer any it won't let me go back, and says I completed the survey. (I've asked him to resend it.)

Thomas M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.