The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 12, 2018

He hasn't sent me a survey after three messages, which he answered!

Bruce G.
Apr 12, 2018

This may sound like a corny idea and different but we are getting no where as it is. How about trying to get 60 minutes and other similar TV programs to do an expose on crime,and dishonesty in Time shares etc. In our case specifically inditing Eicher,the attorney gen. and the Gov. Just a thought

Bruce D.
Apr 12, 2018

Jeff-

Is the meeting this Saturday, April 14 at noon? I live out of state near by but will attend if the meeting is April 14th.

Robert T.
Apr 13, 2018

In reply to Bruce, who suggested contacting "60 Minutes" about TMC, I think it's a good idea to try and bring this criminal situation to to light. I want to suggest another possibility - "New York Magazine" - which publishes excellent investigative exposes. If someone who is good at summarizing the owners' plight, such as Chris V, would write up such a summary and send it to NYMagzine, perhaps it would lead to investigative reporting and a published article. We would probably get a response from Gov. Cuomo to resolve this.

br

Betty L.
Apr 13, 2018

I think this is a wonderful idea - perhaps national exposure and the accompanying investigation might bring this to a close. I don't care how much money I lose at this point - I just want out!!!! Susan L

Susan L.
Apr 13, 2018

ian bruce eichner is a legal winner. he just won a legal victory concerning the flatiron building section of new york city. he will probably get his crooked way and build whatever he wants in that area. an injunction was lifted by the court in his favor. he probably has the best new york (and elsewhere) attorneys at his beck and call. he loses only occasionally and recoups his losses quickly. seems like he's above the law. (just google the aforementioned item about his new building scheme). brucie is a force to be reckoned with. imagine, even the new york state attorney general, eric schneiderman's lawsuit vs eiichner led only to a literal legal slap on the wrist. eichner should have made all MC owners legally and financially whole, then sent to jail for his criminally fraudulent actions against us. national exposure to eichner's and the entire timeshare industry's criminal fraud vis a vis "60 Minutes" could conceivably help our cause, but unless we get legal representation to beat eichner's' cadre of brilliant attorneys, we'll remain the MC underdogs as the nys attorney general walks away with what he considers a VICTORY..................HOGWASH.

schneiderman had incredible, first-hand information via his undercover agents who got incriminating evidence from attending and recording eichner's scam/fraud/lying sales pitches. that should have led to a much more favorable legal outcome in TMC OWNERS' FAVOR. mr schneiderman got what he mistakenly considered to be a favorable SETTLEMENT, and left us owners to figure out how to get our share of the spoils. scheiderman has already lost my vote for REELECTION. yes, i'm a nys resident.

chrisv

Chris V.
Apr 13, 2018

Schneiderman (the NYAG) was never our advocate. He was advocating on behalf of the People of NY, not the timeshare owners.

Robert S.
Apr 13, 2018

I totally agree with this idea. I have come to realize that I’ve lost $59,000 when I paid cash for my “Penthouse” and “bought a piece of Manhattan” so I feel like we have absolutely nothing to lose. Eichner and his cronies will win in the end but it would feel good to at least be able to expose the whole timeshare scam(s) there are out there. I’ve learned a lesson through all this and it’s what all smart people have told me over and over which is don’t buy a timeshare because it’s not an investment like owning property. You don’t own a thing!!!

bruced162 wrote:
This may sound like a corny idea and different but we are getting no where as it is. How about trying to get 60 minutes and other similar TV programs to do an expose on crime,and dishonesty in Time shares etc. In our case specifically inditing Eicher,the attorney gen. and the Gov. Just a thought

Becky F
Apr 14, 2018

I want to be included in the lawsuit. I wrote to the attorney but have not received a survey or response. Bought in 2004 and have been able to use it once.

What a joke....Lynne Labrador

Lynne L.
Apr 15, 2018

For everyones info. I contacted 60 minutes regarding our situation and will advise everyone when I hear back. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bruce D.
Apr 15, 2018

Excellent! Thank you, Bruce!

C G.
Apr 16, 2018

My husband and I MOST DEFINITELY wish to join the lawsuit.

reesaaluger@aol.com

Mr. and Mrs. Stefan M. Luger 20 Marcie Woods Ct. Pikesville, MD 21208-1964

I look forward to hearing from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Reesa Luger

Reesa L.
Apr 16, 2018

Did anyone of you attend board meeting on Sat ( if it actually happened)

Elaine F.
Apr 16, 2018

reply to Mr/Mrs Luger: I will let them know to add you and send survey out. If anyone else wants to be added PLEASE EMAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM

Sue O.

Last edited by sueo79 on Apr 16, 2018 08:19 AM

Apr 16, 2018

Thank you for your work. I look forward hearing about their response. Brigitte

Brigitte T.
Apr 16, 2018

Thanks for the update Bruce. Fingers crossed

Lynne L.
Apr 16, 2018

bruced162 wrote:
For everyones info. I contacted 60 minutes regarding our situation and will advise everyone when I hear back. Keep your fingers crossed.

A few years ago CNBC aired a piece on the TMC problem. It included interviews with some of the most activist owners who’ve been fighting for years. It was excellent. It was on youtube, but I couldn’t find it in a recent attempt. If 60 mins is wildly successful, I’m trying to imagine an outcome that would serve us.

Dennis C.
Apr 17, 2018

I hope it is successful since I don't believe the lawyer for the "class action suit is doing anything.

Bruce G.
Apr 17, 2018

FAST REPLY NEEDED: I spoke to the lawyer Jean Marc Zimmerman today - if anyone is truly interested in running for the Board - we have a few days to submit names by 4/20) so this is urgent. You obviously must be current with maintenance. He has some ideas on how this can help us . I may be open to pitching my name as well. PRIVATE message me your name/email and contact # if you are interested and one of us will be in touch. (message me at spo18901@comcast.net) sue. Note: he also said he had a good meeting with Jeff W/Redweek the other day:)

Sue O.
Apr 17, 2018

bruced162 wrote:

I hope CBS does follows though. Last year when one of their programs did a story on Eichner’s latest real estate projects in Manhattan I contacted both CBS This Morning and CBS Sunday Morning requesting follow up regarding the Manhattan Club. I never received a reply.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Apr 20, 2018 12:04 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.