The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Oct 19, 2018

Zimmerman Law Group Update To TMC Members

We are continuing to build our group of TMC members who will participate in the suit against TMC, its sponsor and BlueGreen and are on track to take additional action before the upcoming hearing in early December 2018 on the Order to Show Cause regarding our request for the TMC member list and board minutes. In order to complete the complaint we will soon be contacting those TMC members who have retained us to confirm the details of their timeshare purchase and TMC experience.

We appreciate your patience and support. Thank you. Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090 jmz@tmcsuit.com

Jean-Marc Z.
Oct 22, 2018

hello, all redweek. com (MANHATTAN CLUB FORUM) participants. THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS requests your participation in our efforts to substantially diminish the current owners' dissatisfaction with many issues at the manhattan club timeshare. COALITION PARTICIPATION IS FREE. if and when we require the necessity of legal intervention we would seek financial participation for the expenses involved, BUT ONLY AT THAT TIME. no promise of success in our pursuits are made or implied at this time.

THE COALITION now has a formal MISSION STATEMENT as follows:

THE MISSION STATEMENT OF THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS

OUR CHALLENGE IS TO INCORPORATE AS MANY MANHATTAN CLUB (TMC) OWNERS WORLDWIDE, INTO A COHESIVE BODY WITH THE ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. OUR FORMAL ATTEMPT IS TO FORM A COALITION/ ALLIANCE OF OWNERS TO EVENTUALLY AND AS NECESSARY TO BEGIN LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AS A GROUP, TO RECOUP FINANCIAL LOSSES AND GAIN THE BENEFITS THAT THE SALES STAFF PROMISED (AS THEY WERE TRAINED TO DO BY IAN BRUCE EICHNER AND HIS BODY OF DIRECTORS) TO PURCHASERS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO COLLECT NAMES AND OTHER COMMUNICATION INFORMATION OF THOSE WANTING TO JOIN OUR COALITION.

THE COALITION'S PURPOSE IS TO COMBAT THE LIES AND FRAUDULENT TACTICS THAT BECAME FINANCIALLY DISTRESSFUL OBSTACLES FOR MOST OWNERS, AND LED MANY OF THEM TO DENY THEIR DESIRE TO CONTINUE OWNERSHIP IN TMC. THE MAIN THRUST OF THE COALITION, AMONG OTHER ISSUES, IS TO SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE THE MAINTENANCE FEES AND TO ASSURE OWNERS OF DESIRABLE RESERVATION TIME AS IS DUE THEM

WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME, IN ORDER FOR ALL OWNERS TO GAIN THE FINANCIAL AND OTHER BENEFITS BY THE EVENTUAL ACTION THAT WILL BE TAKEN TO REGAIN THE LEGAL RIGHTS AS DESCRIBED AND PROMISED BY THE TMC SALES DEPARTMENT.

joining is a simple email away........to either

chris volpe..................cfox863@gmail.com or

becky fitzmaurice......................................beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com

we will need the following information when requesting to join:

name (s...if co-owners): #of weeks/contracts owned; phone#; email (s) if multiple owners; home address with zip.

please ask other owners you may know to join THE COALITION. THERE'S POWER IN NUMBERS, SO TRUE OF THIS OFFENSIVE SITUATION THAT WE'RE CURRENTLY STUCK WITH, COMPLIMENTS OF TMC!. as with attorneys, we can make no promise of achieving results. we can guarantee that we will work diligently to relieve owners of undesirable issues at TMC.

looking forward to your contacting one or both of us.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Oct 24, 2018 04:54 PM

Oct 22, 2018

Problem with trying to sell your timeshare is that, unlike most real estate brokers, they require up front substantial fees which you can't get back unless they sell your time share. I'm willing to give it away.

Laura L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 23, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 23, 2018

hello laurel527, i sense that you wish to GIVE AWAY your TMC investment due to exorbitant maintenance fees and lack of reservation availability. that's your choice. while you're awaiting that possibility, please consider joining THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS. (SEE OUR MISSION STATEMENT ABOVE ON THIS PAGE) there is NO FEE to join. you have nothing to lose. simply email our contact OWNERS included above. we are seeking FINANCIAL AND OTHER RELIEF ISSUES FOR ALL OWNERS. we hope you choose to email us soon. quite possibly you might see your way clear to keeping and using your investment in TMC timeshare. good luck, cfox863@gmail.com

laural527 wrote:
Problem with trying to sell your timeshare is that, unlike most real estate brokers, they require up front substantial fees which you can't get back unless they sell your time share. I'm willing to give it away.

Chris V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 23, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 23, 2018

Laural - the problem is that with the high maintenance fees, even if someone got your deeded week for free, they could probably rent accommodations in the City somewhere else for less than they would have to spend annually on the Manhattan Club maintenance fee which they would be required to pay.

Gail J.
Oct 23, 2018

Let me know when you find someone stpid enough to buy a Manhattan Club timeshare for more than $50.

Bruce G.
Oct 23, 2018

I understood that the Zimmerman attorney was trying to accomplish what this 'Coalition' plans to do. I do not understand why all of the people that join the 'Coalition' don't just pay the Zimmerman attorney and have a majority with him. That is what he is trying to accomplish. Eventually this 'Coalition' will have to hire legal help and I assume the fees will be the same as Zimmerman. Not sure why owners are joining the 'Coalition'? Are there legal experts in Time Share law that are part of the Coalition? What is the benefit (besides being a large number of owners bonded together) of starting such a group and what are the benefits of joining? I have paid my fee to Zimmerman and hope some kind of legal action will prevail.

Jim M.
Oct 23, 2018

jimm857 wrote:
I understood that the Zimmerman attorney was trying to accomplish what this 'Coalition' plans to do. I do not understand why all of the people that join the 'Coalition' don't just pay the Zimmerman attorney and have a majority with him. That is what he is trying to accomplish. Eventually this 'Coalition' will have to hire legal help and I assume the fees will be the same as Zimmerman. Not sure why owners are joining the 'Coalition'? Are there legal experts in Time Share law that are part of the Coalition? What is the benefit (besides being a large number of owners bonded together) of starting such a group and what are the benefits of joining? I have paid my fee to Zimmerman and hope some kind of legal action will prevail.

Considering TMC owners had numerous class actions in the past and all of them failed due to various technical issues (read incompetence of the lawyers) attorney Zimmerman seems to be the most knowledgeable one in regards to the timeshare industry specifics.

Fibo N.
Oct 24, 2018

I recently joined with Zimmerman and I would suggest everyone invest a little and also become part of his group. It seems correct that once this coalition gets on stronger footing with more members, an attorney would need to be hired in order to make any progress. So, perhaps the Zimmerman approach is the best.

Gail J.
Oct 24, 2018

Folks, We already have a "coalition"; it consists of all of the followers on this site who have been commiserating among ourselves, to no avail, for over 4 years. We all got screwed by Eichner, then hoping to receive some justice as a result of the NY attorney general's criminal investigation, we got screwed by him too. Why would our fortunes change by forming a new group made up of a selection of members of our current group? We are preaching to the choir. The only hope we have for getting any justice is to go on the offensive, and sue the crooks in court. I know it feels good to vent about the injustice we have all experienced at the hands of The Manhattan Club, but the time for venting is over, ITS TIME FOR ACTION. Get in touch with Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com and tell him you want him to represent you too. His retainer is one half of what we paid TMC in maintenance EVERY YEAR!!

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Oct 24, 2018

A concerted effort on the part of ALL TMC owners by joining with Zimmerman would be the best tactic at this point!

Jim M.

Last edited by jimm857 on Oct 24, 2018 05:03 PM

Oct 24, 2018

There is no way to fight TMC unless in court. Period. They will never just roll over or lower the maintenance.

Stop paying the maintenance and join all of us in COURT to put an end to this. A coalition is just a group and we have been a group for many unhappy years VENTING. Let’s stop the vents and do something real finally. Join the Zimmerman lawsuit.

Sue O.
Oct 24, 2018

to all redweek.com manhattan club forum contributors: FOR CLARITY'S SAKE:

the establishment of THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS (THE COALITION) doesn't claim to be A BETTER WAY than the current plan of connecting with an attorney to reach common goals to better our financial and other stances regarding THE MANHATTAN CLUB. THE COALITION is simply ANOTHER WAY to achieve satisfactory outcomes for fellow owners. we believe that one of the benefits, among others, of THE COALITION is that the owner-contact information gathered directly from owners, allows us the ability to reach out to EACH OTHER PRIVATELY OR AS A GROUP, rather than to banter blindly on redweek.com. we can share and include strategies via members' comments/suggestions/ideas elicited from each COALITION MEMBER, which affords THE COALITION more strength in our diligent efforts to combat the TMC wrongs that owners have endured for years, and are continuing to do so.

we think all redweek.com contributors will agree that THE COALITION is IN NO WAY in competition with the current legal efforts of other owners. that was NEVER our plan. in fact, the essence of our goals ARE THE SAME. perhaps our attempts to reach these goals are with slightly different strategies. we are not so nieve to believe that eventually, we will not need the assistance of a timeshare-savvy legal expert to further our diligent efforts. we believe that we are establishing a strong owner base, by their own desire to join us. once we are convinced that our numbers of members in THE COALITION are sufficient and strong, and that the contribution of members' significant suggestions have been incorporated in our efforts to succeed in our MISSION (note our MISSION STATEMENT above on this forum page), we will proceed from there with a highly- developed plan of further action which will most likely include expert legal representation.

we hope these comments clear misconceptions of how and why THE COALITION chooses the methods selected to reach our goals. we hope we can quell what appears to be somewhat annoyed and/or angry comments regarding THE COALITION. we do not want to create any dissension among owners since, regardless of the paths we follow, our goals remain the same or very similar.

we welcome more owners to join THE COALITION along with many other fellow owners who have done so, in hopes of establishing a more financially (and otherwise) satisfying union with THE MANHATTAN CLUB, one that is substantially different than in the past and the one that currently exists.

in unity and cooperation among ALL owners,

becky and chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Oct 25, 2018 07:25 AM

Oct 25, 2018

Did anyone tape and keep a copy of the 11/20/14 CNBC Power Lunch Expose on The Manhattan Club?

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Oct 25, 2018

-

Sharon L.

Last edited by sharon177 on Oct 29, 2018 06:04 AM

Oct 25, 2018

hello irene, perhaps jeff weir or jeff althschuler (of the TIMESHARING TODAY publication,....he was the moderator) might have. jeff has been a reporter for redweek.com. he might know if the POWER LUNCH EXPOSE OF TMC was taped and a copy of it retained.

chris volpe

irenes93 wrote:
Did anyone tape and keep a copy of the 11/20/14 CNBC Power Lunch Expose on The Manhattan Club?

Irene Smalls

Chris V.
Oct 25, 2018

Sharon, I would recommend that you ignore anything on Redweek from Chris or me. That should ease your frustration.

The only question I have for anyone who is part of the Zimmerman lawsuit is this: PRECISELY HOW MANY OWNERS HAVE JOINED THE LAWSUIT?

I ask because many of our Coalition members DO NOT POST ON REDWEEK so perhaps our efforts may turn out to be beneficial to the Zimmerman lawsuit if we combine efforts. Maybe we can all come to an agreement to join the lawsuit once we hear how sure you all seem to be that the Zimmerman lawsuit is the best way to go.

Becky F
Oct 25, 2018

Why not ask each person on this forum to indicate whether they have joined the Zimmerman lawsuit. I have joined so count me as 1 Zimmerman member.

Gail J.
Oct 25, 2018

I have joined as well.

Jim M.
Oct 26, 2018

Bravo, Sharon!

Anyone on this forum is well aware of Chris’ point of view. Repeating it yet again in excruciatingly lengthy and painful prose just eats up more space, buries the posts of other people who have something to add and is one of the major reasons this forum is 240 pages long. I’m glad the “coalition “ has a mission statement, goals, and even a "thrust." However it is not self executing; these things do not happen on their own. Someone with real organization skills needs to make that happen, and I haven’t seen any evidence of that yet. If the suit looks successful your so-called members will certainly get in line for any benefit; in the meantime the mere existence of a "coalition" does not help move the suit forward. This legal effort will succeed or fail based on its merits and the attorney's tenacity, not on numbers on a mailing list. I am mostly happy with my MC ownership. I bought from a third party so I’m nowhere as invested (or damaged) as many owners are, and do not plan to retain any attorney. I’d like more financial control and transparency in reservations. I'd like to see liquidity so folks who want to sell their interest can do so and move on. But if I were as upset as Chris and Becky seem to be, I would stop this counterproductive and divisive nonsense and support the only action that seems to be making any progress.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Oct 26, 2018 06:22 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.