The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Aug 06, 2014

Thanks Irene. I send a letter to Valerie Patriarca, detailing our experience. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Rosemary G.
Aug 07, 2014

Is there an email address to send in our story to the AG office? or the Attorney handling this case for the AG's office I would like to tell my story to them as well ASAP. Owners since 2004 have not used seven nights ever, unless we traded into RCI. Only way to be assured we would get seven nights or a vacation out of our timeshare ownership. We are all in the same boat or "sinking ship", I should say, being owners and never able to get rooms.

Vanessa S.
Aug 07, 2014

Thanks again Irene for keeping us informed. I think it's great that the general public will be made aware of the sleazes at TMC. I just sent Valerie a copy of the letter I wrote to the Attorney General. Let's all keep up the pressure!

Lena P.
Aug 08, 2014

An email address for the Attorney General's Office Real Estate Finance group handling the Manhattan Club Timeshare Scam is:

Jeffrey.Rendin@ag.ny.gov

Regards,

Irene

Irene S.
Aug 08, 2014

Hi, My name is Priscilla Dickman. I reside in CT and received marketing in Connecticut pre-construction in 1997. We purchased two weeks at the MC. We have faced the same problems.We have all original documents, notes, phone calls etc concerning the bait and switch. If there is anyone who resides in CT and who purchased please write the Office of the Attorney General , 110 Sherman St. Hartford, CT 06105 and be sure to include my name and the inquiry # PI 1401077 to refer to the existing file so you can get your name on the investigation and possibly get some relief.

irenes93 wrote:
I am going to file another complaint with the USPS against the Manhattan Club for mail fraud. I first heard about TMC from a mailer I received in Mass.

Here are the links to file a mail fraud with the U S Postal Service:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx

http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

Priscilla D.
Aug 08, 2014

if any owner decides to file a claim with the USPS for alleged mail fraud, they may or may not have the hard proof that they were contacted by mail. HOWEVER, the advertising dept of THE MANHATTAN CLUB would surely have mailing lists that they would have to produce in court to assist those wishing to file a MAIL FRAUD CLAIM.

eichner has a cadre of great attorneys. we now have THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL representing us owners, and i think MR. SCHNEIDERMAN is an equally great attorney who has fine deputies working for him. LET'S THINK POSITIVELY. WE OWNERS ARE GOING TO EMERGE VICTORIOUS (AND IN A "FAIR AND SQUARE" WAY).

chris volpe cfox863@gmail.com

Chris V.
Aug 08, 2014

Chris, I received a mailer advertisement for the Manhattan Club just last week, soliciting me to come and hear their spiel! I've received these kind of mailers many times over the past 13 years. I did send complaint to the USPS, a letter to the Attorney General and to the contact in NYC. After giving eichner literally thousands of dollars over the last 13 years, and multiply that by the thousands of owners, I think its time for the piper to pay his due!

Rosemary G.
Aug 09, 2014

hi rosemary 62, am with you all the way. any and all allegedly fraudulent correspondence or contacts re THE MANHATTAN CLUB AND/OR EICHNER should be forwarded the the appropriate organization and A COPY TO OUR NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN. the more "ammunition" of alleged fraud and scam tacticts he has, the better our chances of having the legal forces on our side. we want what is legal and fair and what was promised when we purchased our shares in THE MANHATTAN CLUB, which should include compensation in the form of $$ for the tremendous and exorbitant increases in our maintenance fees: $2550 FOR ONE WEEK????ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE NECESSITY FOR US TO PRACTICALLY BEG FOR DESIRED RESERVATION DATES. WE SHOULD GET COMPENSATED FOR THIS ISSUE AS WELL.

KEEP IN TOUCH.

CHRIS

rosemaryg62 wrote:
Chris, I received a mailer advertisement for the Manhattan Club just last week, soliciting me to come and hear their spiel! I've received these kind of mailers many times over the past 13 years. I did send complaint to the USPS, a letter to the Attorney General and to the contact in NYC. After giving eichner literally thousands of dollars over the last 13 years, and multiply that by the thousands of owners, I think its time for the piper to pay his due!

Chris V.
Aug 15, 2014

This is a heads up, save the date notice.

Next Attorney General Manhattan Club Hearing 9/5/14. Time and location will be posted.

Owners in the New York City area if possible should attend this hearing. We want to show the AG we are very concerned about the TMC scam.

Irene S.
Aug 16, 2014

We each need to send individual letters to the AG to show how many owners are unhappy with TMC. I personally have sent six letters in case they misplace one. We also need to put together a group letter that lists our complaints against TMC. The letter should be written by someone with a legal background to make sure we do it correctly. This group letter can be shared with the media and with the AG. I don't think we can assume the AG's office will completely represent our interests. The AG is not talking to us. They are talking to the very slick Manhattan Club lawyers who will skew everything to TMC's advantage. For the TMC lawyers to say most owners are happy is ridiculous. Unless we speak up loudly and repeatedly that is what the AG and the judges will hear most often. That is why TMC owners need to attend the hearings. TMC is doing business as usual. They are renting out our hotel rooms. They are sending out sales materials for timeshares. TMC's business model destroyed whatever value our timeshares might have had. TMC is acting like nothing is happening. Let other TMC owners know about this case. Get them to write.

This our moment! We have never had as much media attention or such a powerful advocate as the Attorney General.

Here is the contact info for the Attorney General's staffers handling the TMC case.

andrew.Meier@ag.ny.gov serwat.farooq@ag.ny.gov

Atty. Serwat Farooq Asst. Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23 Floor New York, NY 10271 (212) 416-6240

If anyone knows of any current or former employees of TMC who is willing to speak to the Attorney General and/or CNBC anonymously please let me know. Their identities will be protected.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Aug 16, 2014

I wrote a detailed letter to the AG 2 weeks ago and enclosed copies of my sales contract and supporting documentation. I didn't send it to the address above--I instead went to the AG website and downloaded the form for Real Estate Fraud because it covers timeshares. http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/pdfs/complaints/comp_real.pdf

I received a response from his office earlier this week, thanking me for my correspondence and explaining that the AG takes these matters very seriously and while not every case can be resolved, they would look into my complaint and get back to me in a few weeks. So, I agree with Irene, that the AG's office should be INUNDATED with letters from every Manhattan Club owner!

Lena P.
Aug 16, 2014

I sent letters to the AG of NY State, his assistant AG in NYC, to the produced at CNBC and to the USPS fraud division. I did receive a letter from the AG office stating that my letter was forwarded to the Real Estate Fraud division. If anyone does have a legal back ground and is collecting letters that have been sent to the any of these offices, so as to combine them in one coherent piece of correspondence or to send all the letters together to the AG again, I would be willing to send mine via e-mail to whomever the contact might be. I am not able to attend the hearings until after September 17. If these hearings continue after this date, please post the information. Thanks! Rosemary

lenap3 wrote:
I wrote a detailed letter to the AG 2 weeks ago and enclosed copies of my sales contract and supporting documentation. I didn't send it to the address above--I instead went to the AG website and downloaded the form for Real Estate Fraud because it covers timeshares. http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/pdfs/complaints/comp_real.pdf

I received a response from his office earlier this week, thanking me for my correspondence and explaining that the AG takes these matters very seriously and while not every case can be resolved, they would look into my complaint and get back to me in a few weeks. So, I agree with Irene, that the AG's office should be INUNDATED with letters from every Manhattan Club owner!

Rosemary G.
Aug 18, 2014

In case you missed this in the RedWeek newsletter, Jeff Weir did a follow-up on the current situation. You can read it here.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Aug 26, 2014

Come One, Come All The Manhattan Club Owners need to show we are serious about ending this scam

Next Attorney General Court Hearing on the Manhattan Club September 5, 2014 in New York City. Location and time forthcoming.

Friday September 5, 2014 1pm 60 Centre Street, New York City Room 641

Irene S.

Last edited by irenes93 on Sep 01, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 27, 2014

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/The-Manhattan-Club-Reviews-E383851.htm “DDisappointingisa ”

Former Employee - Call Center in East Stroudsburg, PA I worked at The Manhattan Club full-time

Pros Some co-workers were great. Training seminar on customer service was great, but they should have followed advice from training. Developing relationships with the owners who truly deserve to be treated well is rewarding. Cons The Manhattan Club misrepresents what they are selling, then when someone buys a timeshare they literally cannot get out of their purchase because they do not realize the misrepresentation until it is too late to get out of their contract. It is difficult to work for this company once you realize you have to be less than forthright to timeshare owners regarding things. Many owners are unhappy and irate. An employee may have to go against their conscience to maintain employment. People who have been successful and loyal to the company are fired while incompetent, uneducated people are promoted. Promises are made during hiring process and to encourage people to stay who otherwise would leave, that are never followed through with. Excuses are made to deny raises. It is a toxic environment filled with deceit and manipulation. Advice to Management Develop a conscience where both internal and external customers are valued more than the mighty dollar.

Irene S.
Aug 27, 2014

Next Attorney General's Court hearing on the Manhattan Club Scam

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 1pm at 60 Centre Street, Room 641

information from the Attorney General's office

Come One, Come All

Owners need to attend to show we care about resolving the TMC mess

Irene S.
Aug 30, 2014

I am off from work this day, I will go to the hearing and show my support. thanks for the information.

New Rochelle, NY. owner of the MC. Fong Liu

Fong L.
Aug 30, 2014

Hi, Dear Irene Smalls: this is the first time I am writing in the forum but I have read all the messages from all of you. I would like to let know I am really appreciated for your effort to pursue this law suit. I am one of the owners and have the similar story about the manhattan club since 2005. I am willing to do whatever it needs to seek this action and stop this crime. I emailed and mailed my letter to the attorney. I will send my story to the CNBC. I will go for the Hearing in Sept 5. thanks again. Fong Liu. New Rochelle, NY fangliumd@yahoo.com

Fong L.
Aug 30, 2014

We will be out of the area for the meeting. However, we will send an e-mail with our loss of a week and other issues to the AG this weekend.

Charles L.
Aug 31, 2014

Wonderful! I look forward to meeting at the Attorney General's September 5, 2014 Court Hearing on The Manhattan Club Scam.

N.Y. Attorney General's Court Hearing on The Manhattan Club September 5, 2014 1:00pm 60 Centre Street, New York City Room 641

Regards,

Irene Smalls

Irene S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.