The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Oct 28, 2018

Hey folks, Let's quit this bickering back and forth. There is nothing wrong with the Zimmerman plan or the coalition. They can co-exist. Who knows how long it will take to get the list out of TMC, and perhaps the coalition list will be useful to Zimmerman.

Dru M.
Oct 29, 2018

Clearly...

Bruce G.
Oct 29, 2018

I don't understand the frantic efforts of the Zimmerman law group to sway owners to follow them. There is nothing wrong with either the coalition or the Zimmerman law group but the law group seems to be more aggressive. Just wondering why that seems so necessary at this stage.

Marion F.
Oct 29, 2018

Hi, has anyone actually had their timeshare taken back by Lynn O’Donnell? I keep reading here that many people have contacted her and are still waiting. Thanks, Donna

Donna K.
Oct 29, 2018

all MANHATTAN CLUB owners,

please continue to contact:

beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com......................or...................................... cfox863@gmail.com

to add your contact information to our growing list of COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS participants.

PLEASE DO NOT USE REDWEEK.COM, MANHATTAN CLUB FORUM FOR THIS PURPOSE. USE ONLY THE EMAIL ADDRESSES LISTED HERE.

WE HOPE TO INCLUDE MORE OWNERS TO OUR GROWING LIST.

FYI we are in the process of seeking legal assistance/representation from attorneys whose STATED SPECIALTIES include TIMESHARE LITIGATION.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Oct 30, 2018 10:13 AM

Oct 29, 2018

Chris,

I wish you the best of success in locating an attorney who meets your criteria.

Nathan Z.
Oct 30, 2018

Let me just say for those who missed this. An owners daughter (margo) had been helped In a legal case by mr Zimmerman. A private business case of her own. She decided to talk to him then about her mother’s timeshare situation and got me involved. We spent countless hours getting him up to speed on the case and asked for him to research and let us know what he thought. I sat with him in the Board meeting in August and I know he spent hours simply waiting to file motions and get in front of the judge and continues to fight to gain control of that member list. There is no doubt the coalition email list could help us but we are hoping to gain access to the 18000 people that may or may not follow these threads and could need our help and want justice. Our next court date is coming up. TMC Is hoping we give up and never fight them in court. But we must. And we will! This man as you can hear in the audio interviews is smart. He has researched why previous class actions didn’t have success. Join us - let’s pull together and be the largest group of timeshare owners to demand CHANGE in this corrupt business

Sue O.
Oct 30, 2018

I joined the Zimmerman group and perhaps after this next hearing, if he is successful or if he continues to make progress, then I would question why another law firm would need to be retained? There is strength in numbers so my advice to the coalition, of which I am also a member ,would be for the coalition to consider joining the Zimmerman group. I do think it should be reported to us the past successes this other law firm has achieved and then a more conscientious decision could be made as to whether to employ this new law firm, do nothing, or become part of the Zimmerman group. Again, that is a decision others will need to make.

Gail J.
Oct 30, 2018

gail J,

your suggestion that the COALITION should consider joining the Zimmerman group is well-thought-out. this consideration has not been overlooked by the COALITION. we are taking a cautious view of ours and other ways to combat our common foe, THE MANHATTAN CLUB/EICHNER/(possibly)BLUEGREEN. we will certainly be looking at ALL PATHS to achieve our common goals. we do not think the COALITION way is the ONLY way, simply another viable possibility which should be respected as such. options are valuable assets to have when choosing a path we all think will succeed,

Gail J. wrote:
I joined the Zimmerman group and perhaps after this next hearing, if he is successful or if he continues to make progress, then I would question why another law firm would need to be retained? There is strength in numbers so my advice to the coalition, of which I am also a member ,would be for the coalition to consider joining the Zimmerman group. I do think it should be reported to us the past successes this other law firm has achieved and then a more conscientious decision could be made as to whether to employ this new law firm, do nothing, or become part of the Zimmerman group. Again, that is a decision others will need to make.

Chris V.
Oct 30, 2018

as if we all didn't know, but FYI anyway..............copy and paste.............SURPRISE!

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/timeshare-companies/manhattan-club-0121-58050

Chris V.
Oct 31, 2018

I'm not sure if this was a web site we had previously been referred to : Time sharing Today by Kristina Payne - a web article dated 7/11/18 - it addresses the Zimmerman lawsuit. Did our members know that Eicher was once an assistant DA in New York? That raises another red flag to me as to the possibility his DA connections had a bearing on the recent settlement that the former New York Attorney General agreed to.

Gail J.
Oct 31, 2018

yes, gail j i had heard about eichner as a former asst ny da. the connection between that note and the former nysag, schneiderman didn't come to mind at the time. your "red flag" should be raised high enough for zimmerman to see and possibly use to further strengthen his TMC case. i would certainly not doubt if this connection would have some bearing on the nonsensical SETTLEMENT as the outcome of schneiderman's litigation against TMC, a situation worth further investigation.

Gail J. wrote:
I'm not sure if this was a web site we had previously been referred to : Time sharing Today by Kristina Payne - a web article dated 7/11/18 - it addresses the Zimmerman lawsuit. Did our members know that Eicher was once an assistant DA in New York? That raises another red flag to me as to the possibility his DA connections had a bearing on the recent settlement that the former New York Attorney General agreed to.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Oct 31, 2018 08:55 AM

Oct 31, 2018

I just called the Manhattan Club to inquire if the new change in management had occurred and was told NO. I asked about turning in one's fixed week reservation and obtaining another later week which was something that had been discussed when I first purchased my 2 timeshares and then upgraded to penthouse units. I was told - that cannot be done. I'm wondering when we the owners will take control of our timeshare management and have some say in the policies.

Gail J.
Oct 31, 2018

Gail, that would be nice but doubt it will ever happen. The entire structure of TMC would have to change, and doubt that will happen even when BG starts managing in a couple years. Maybe Zimmerman suit is only hope for that to happen.

Dru M.
Nov 01, 2018

We can always hope for change. I re read what I had posted and realized it was not clear. I and a few others who have annual fixed weeks had inquired in the past if we learned that for the upcoming year we would be unable to use our fixed week, we could release that week that one time back into the available pool and get a different week's usage for that one time at a different time of the year. I was told no. So, basically, there was no exchange provision for the owners which was not what I had been told when I first purchased. At the time of purchase I had also been told there would be a rental division for the owners at the Manhattan Club. If we didn't use our week, we would be able to deposit it with the rental department and only be charged a nominal fee by the Manhattan Club and we would receive the rental proceeds. That was another ruse. A rental department was set up only the owners didn't get to benefit from it - only Eichner did.

Gail J.
Nov 01, 2018

gail j, "That was another ruse". there was very little told to purchasers at the infamous 2 fl sales office that wasn't categorized as a RUSE. anything after "welcome to the manhattan club" were fraudulent lies.

Gail J. wrote:
We can always hope for change. I re read what I had posted and realized it was not clear. I and a few others who have annual fixed weeks had inquired in the past if we learned that for the upcoming year we would be unable to use our fixed week, we could release that week that one time back into the available pool and get a different week's usage for that one time at a different time of the year. I was told no. So, basically, there was no exchange provision for the owners which was not what I had been told when I first purchased. At the time of purchase I had also been told there would be a rental division for the owners at the Manhattan Club. If we didn't use our week, we would be able to deposit it with the rental department and only be charged a nominal fee by the Manhattan Club and we would receive the rental proceeds. That was another ruse. A rental department was set up only the owners didn't get to benefit from it - only Eichner did.

Chris V.
Nov 04, 2018

with the two exceptions on this redweek page, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB UNFORTUNATES?

miss reading your comments, sad as some may be!

see you soon.

chris

Chris V.
Nov 04, 2018

Chris V. wrote:
with the two exceptions on this redweek page, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB UNFORTUNATES?

see you soon.

chris

Still here! Waiting to see if Zimmerman gets access to the owners list. At this point here on Redweek, its the same dozen? or so regular readers & contributors and an occasional drive-by looking for a history or summary of all that has happened. I hope either Zimmerman or the Coalition figures out how to find the many thousands of ‘owners’. But frankly it’s tough to be enthusiastic about a new expensive legal fight ahead even as some people are beneficiaries of the NYSAG settlement, and tens of thousands of ‘owners’ seem to be either unconcerned or clueless.

Dennis C.
Nov 04, 2018

dennis c,

omg, as i type this email i continue to be overwhelmed and breathless. "even as some people are beneficiaries of the NYSAG settlement and tens of thousands of ‘owners’ seem to be either unconcerned or clueless." my benefit from the....ahem, drumroll.............SETTLEMENT................... is $45. i'm still reeling from the excitement. i really hope part of your quote "owners seem to be............unconcerned..........." proves to be a misinterpretation of the facts, but i'm afraid not. there really aren't only 2 choices for owners. being part of the COALITION does not preclude their participation in the lawsuit with zimmerman. so it all comes down to OWNERS VS TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN regardless of the path taken. currently, the only choices for owners seem to be:

1...do nothing (not recommended, because inactivity leads to total nowhere, not even a chance) 2...join the COALITION 3...join zimmeman 4...join the COALITION and zimmerman 5...await the results of the zimmerman's december court date, then take action

BUT

DO SOMETHING.................................... BESIDES MOAN AND COMPLAIN, which brings us back to number one above.

the weekend is over here in ny; if part of it is still happening where you are, enjoy the rest of it. if not dream of victory over TMC.

chris

Dennis C. wrote:
Chris V. wrote:

see you soon.

chris

Still here! Waiting to see if Zimmerman gets access to the owners list. At this point here on Redweek, its the same dozen? or so regular readers & contributors and an occasional drive-by looking for a history or summary of all that has happened. I hope either Zimmerman or the Coalition figures out how to find the many thousands of ‘owners’. But frankly it’s tough to be enthusiastic about a new expensive legal fight ahead even as some people are beneficiaries of the NYSAG settlement, and tens of thousands of ‘owners’ seem to be either unconcerned or clueless.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Nov 04, 2018 09:26 PM

Nov 04, 2018

dennis c,

omg, as i type this email i continue to be overwhelmed and breathless. "even as some people are beneficiaries of the NYSAG settlement and tens of thousands of ‘owners’ seem to be either unconcerned or clueless." my benefit from the....ahem, drumroll.............SETTLEMENT................... is $45. i'm still reeling from the excitement. i really hope part of your quote "owners seem to be............unconcerned..........." proves to be a misinterpretation of the facts, but i'm afraid not. there really aren't only 2 choices for owners. being part of the COALITION does not preclude their participation in the lawsuit with zimmerman. so it all comes down to OWNERS VS TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN regardless of the path taken. currently, the only choices for owners seem to be:

1...do nothing (not recommended, because inactivity leads to total nowhere, not even a chance) 2...join the COALITION 3...join zimmeman 4...join the COALITION and zimmerman 5...await the results of the zimmerman's december court date, then take action

BUT

DO SOMETHING.................................... BESIDES MOAN AND COMPLAIN, which brings us back to number one above.

the weekend is over here in ny; if part of it is still happening where you are, enjoy the rest of it. if not dream of victory over TMC.

chris

Dennis C. wrote: Chris V. wrote: with the two exceptions on this redweek page, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB UNFORTUNATES? miss reading your comments, sad as some may be!

see you soon.

chris

Last edit by chrisv126 on Nov 04, 2018 09:26 PM.

REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE | EDIT THIS MESSAGE Avatar for Chris V. Chris V.

Today N

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.