The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Aug 01, 2019

Not yet, I pray that I rec'd this offer, have been trying to dump this disaster 5 years ago. I wish get offer, I will accept it.

Julie Osikoya D.
Aug 01, 2019

Call Manhattan Club and inquire about it from Owner Services. I think they are trying to build up an inventory that they can re-sell to the public.

Cliff&Chris T.
Aug 02, 2019

We just received the check. Time to get on without this in our life.😎😎.

Gary S.

Last edited by garys186 on Aug 02, 2019 04:50 AM

Aug 02, 2019

How do I get in touch with Timeshare Interval Admin LLC?

Don H.
Aug 02, 2019

I came across something today that I thought a bit strange. I paid my maintenance fee with my Chase Sapphire visa card. The Sapphire card gives 2 pts per dollar if the category of your item is travel related. My paper bill only shows points at the top, nothing is itemized. For some reason I looked at the charge account online and saw the category of TMC is a country club or a gym so I didn't get my extra point! Sapphire said they'd give me a one time extra point. I'll have to remember that because I always charge travel related things on it. I'll probably go online more often also. Country Club? Gym?

Laura H.
Aug 02, 2019

I dumped mine years ago for $200.

Sunilda J. S.
Aug 03, 2019

I've had that happen before also. What I found out the reason TMC designates it as something else, is their fees the c/c companies charge are lower for professional services and gym's than they are for travel related services. The c/c companies charge more for the travel services and then they in return can pay us 2pts on your Chase Sapphire card, or 3pts per dollar on my Chase Sapphire Reserve. TMC gave the c/c companies the wrong designation in order to save some c/c fees. That is really strange because I've never seen TMC do anything that wasn't completely above board (ha,ha).

Cliff&Chris T.
Aug 04, 2019

I waited months before it was finalized. Just got my $100;. So sit tight. I called Lynn during that time to verify it was in the work.

Elaine F.
Aug 04, 2019

Interesting. Another ploy to keep money in their pockets!

Laura H.
Aug 04, 2019

I happily got rid of my penthouse unit for the $100. the paperwork handing it over to the new owner looked fine. I made sure that there was no hanging liability for unpaid dues.

Robert M.
Aug 05, 2019

We got on the deed back list about 18 months ago. I called today and was told, "I'm on the list and someone will call when our account comes up." They have no idea where we are on the list but said they are buying the contracts back. How long have people had to wait once you are on the deed back list? just curious.

John G.
Aug 06, 2019

I have been on the deed back list for about 5 months, I would also like to know how long do I have to be on this list?

Julie Osikoya D.
Aug 06, 2019

Hi, I have been a member of this forum since the investigation started back in June 2014. I wanted to share that I gave back one of two time shares I inherited and I have yet to see the $100 or the legal paperwork that will insure that I am actually out of it. I have not had to pay fees since.

Also, I live in MA and I saw an ad on TV for the Wesley Financial Group. They claim to have a high success rate in terms of getting people out of their time shares. I have never seen an ad on TV like this before. I looked them up, they seem to get a lot of great reviews on the BBB website and a good rating from BBB. Just wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with them?

Dks
Aug 06, 2019

I have had much the same answer. Would there be some way to find out how many of those whom have heard from MC are those having stopped paying fees vs those that are current. Just wonder if the payers are penalized for keeping up.

johng1856 wrote:
We got on the deed back list about 18 months ago. I called today and was told, "I'm on the list and someone will call when our account comes up." They have no idea where we are on the list but said they are buying the contracts back. How long have people had to wait once you are on the deed back list? just curious.

Jamus32
Aug 06, 2019

I have been paying my maintenance fees without fail since 1999 but I utilized my week almost every year in the past except I got a few exchanged holidays in Donatello San Francisco, Sheraton Wall center in Vancouver....etc. No one from the TMC contacted me regarding the deed back. Eventually, I called Lynne O Donnell on Monday and she added my name on the list. I live in Singapore/ Malaysia n my eldest is a physician in a Medical Center in upstate New York n and the younger one will graduate from college soon and so I still will keep on visiting New York n The Big Apple as frequent as I can. The eldest will plan to relocate to New York City and I do not want to leave this TMC burden and mess to them when I am not around. If they live in NYC, TMC is not useful for them in future. I own another time share in Palm Beach Florida which might be good for them. Since the maintenance fees are irrational and so I want to be out too. I guess it will take about half a year to deed back. I stayed at TMC for a week during The Memorial Day this year. I will stay at a hotel such as Hilton or Marriott next year till my girls are in NYC for their medical career. Physicians/ doctors are overworked in US, I do not want them to waste their hard earned money on TMC when I am not around.

Joanne Y.
Aug 07, 2019

Iv''e been on the list for close to two years. But my question really is, are those that are successful in deeding back those who have stopped paying annual maintenance. We have been paying ours and have heard nothing. Maybe the next time somebody responds on this blog that they have been called and got the paperwork, they could indicate whether or not they had discontinued paying annual fees, and the number of years no payment has been made.

Jamus32
Aug 07, 2019

I've stopped paying my maintenance fees 3-4 years ago on my Penthouse Suite. I received an opportunity for the $100. buyback and jumped on it. The Manhattan Club is targeting those that haven't paid M/F for the buyback. Of course, if you are diligently paying your fees every year, you are not a problem for them and they would like for you to continue paying- especially at those astronomical rates. Even when they resell some of the buyback inventory, they may not be able to secure those types of maintenance fees to the new buyers. So, of course they are thrilled with those that continue to pay the exorbitant M/F. Why would they want to offer buybacks to them? Like they say, the proof is in the pudding. Stop paying and see if you start getting calls for a buyback. We know that they are all crooks over there. Why start thinking now, that they will be fair with you? I just cut my losses and now I have peace of mind again. That whole thing was a mess!

Cliff&Chris T.
Aug 07, 2019

I have long wondered if that is true - Don't pay your maintenance fees and you get the deed back. I am on that list, but pay my fees... and I have not received a call. I think I need to change my strategy.

Robert R.

Last edited by robertr964 on Aug 08, 2019 06:54 AM

Aug 08, 2019

Your children DO NOT have to accept the MC burden. Once you are no longer around, they can just stop paying. THEY never entered into contract with MC and just by not paying, they signal that they are not to continue the contract.

Sunilda J. S.
Aug 08, 2019

I stopped paying my M/F last year, just got on the list this year, I don't know when I will hear from TMC

Julie Osikoya D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.