The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 18, 2015

If I am tired of sending the yearly maintenance and want to just give it back losing my original investment what is the best way to do this?

Stanley A.
Mar 18, 2015

You need to contact Lynn O'Donnell to give back your timeshare, but they are prohibited now from doing any transactions due to the investigation. I gave one of mine back last June, paid the fees and signed the paperwork. I was told it could take up to 180 days to be finalized. When nothing happened, I called and they said the transaction was on hold by order of the NYAG vis a vis this investigation.

Dks
Mar 18, 2015

Did they give you an 'argument' trying to refuse the giveback? Do you have the specific contact info and title of Lynn O'Donnell. The fees you refer to, are they the routine maintenance fees or 'another fee' for the giveback. If the latter, have you been paying the maintenance fees while waiting for the conclusion of this maneuver. Thank you.

deborahs528 wrote:
You need to contact Lynn O'Donnell to give back your timeshare, but they are prohibited now from doing any transactions due to the investigation. I gave one of mine back last June, paid the fees and signed the paperwork. I was told it could take up to 180 days to be finalized. When nothing happened, I called and they said the transaction was on hold by order of the NYAG vis a vis this investigation.

Gerald C.
Mar 19, 2015

Our timeshare has no value because management fees are equivalent to the price of a week when the Manhattan Club is used same a hotel. What sense for the Club to buy your timeshare when they have the chance to have the same good without buying it? It follows that the property value is equal to zero. If managers do not reduce the cost to the middle we dont have chance that the Manhattan Club repurchased our week. This is not their interest in fact is reclaiming of weeks at no cost and are run like a hotel! They regain at no cost what they sold at a high price to timeshare holders. Ciao

Ruggero Z.
Mar 19, 2015

I am not giving anything back to the Manhattan Club and am not paying them anything else as long as the NYS AG is involved. As I have said before in this post and others, I believe the best thing we can do is stay organized and as united as possible. In my opinion the best way to do this is through a NY real estate attorney who can filter any information that we give him and decide what is important and pass this on to the AG office. Our group which now consists of 19 people is represented by such an attorney and he has been interviewed by Jeff Weir. I am hoping we can get a larger group involved and have even more influence with the AG investigation.

Jonathan P.
Mar 19, 2015

Please post your contact information so that other names can be added. As you suggest, volume of numbers will do more to impress the AGs office than anything else. jamesg658

James G.
Mar 19, 2015

Margaret Fauchier and Fred Cosentino 2200 10th Street Berkeley, California 94710 margaret.fauchier@gmail.com freduno@comcast.net

jamesg658 wrote:
Please post your contact information so that other names can be added. As you suggest, volume of numbers will do more to impress the AGs office than anything else. jamesg658

Fred C.
Mar 19, 2015

My name is John Russo. email is J0hnny415@aol.com. Use number 0, NOT letter o in J0hnny. cell 646 528 8197

John R.
Mar 19, 2015

Billgurn65@yahoo.com

William G.
Mar 19, 2015

Stan and Leona Sperling 13082-26 Mindanao Way Marina del Rey, Ca......lsperling59@yahoo.com

Stanley A.
Mar 19, 2015

Tom & Donna Getreuer 40 Winding Brook Lane Stamford, CT 06902 dgetreuer@optonline.net

Donna G.
Mar 19, 2015

Since we have hired an attorney, please understand that he needs to be paid. As I have written on other posts the contribution that we need is $500 per owner. I didn't want to address that initially on this blog since I was kicked off for solicitation last time I posted here. Since that time, however, a post was listed from Jeff Weir in which he interviewed Mr. Wasser, our attorney. Sorry about the mix up but if you want more info or and engagement letter from Mr. Wasser, please contact me at jdp441@gmail.com. Jonathan

Jonathan P.
Mar 19, 2015

My contact info is davidmritchie@verizon.net--let me know about joining the lawsuit

D R.
Mar 19, 2015

chris volpe cfox863@gmail.com

Chris V.
Mar 19, 2015

All owners, take note. Next status conference between attorneys from AG and MHC and NY court referee is Friday March 20. It is a private session, which means they may release nothing about it. Last status conference was March 6, and it included new attorneys for the club who are supposedly expert in criminal defense matters. Eichner's new defense attorney is Gerald Shargel; he can be reached at 212-294-2637. Shargel signed onto the case in late February after Eichner's former attorneys opted out --- or were fired --- following the AG's refusal to approve payment of attorney fees and legal costs. And while the attorneys on all sides continue to rack up new billing hours, just like a taxicab driver recording every tenth of a mile through Manhattan, take time to recall that one year ago, in April 2014, the AG's office launched a sting operation whereby undercover agents recorded excruciatingly incriminating and misleading timeshare presentations from former Manhattan Club sales people. That's where owners are today; one year later and still waiting for clarity on what to do with their ownerships, their maintenance fees and their ability to secure reservations. We'll have more in a follow-up report on RedWeek.com and other forums.

Jeffrey W.
Mar 20, 2015

Ruggero Zambon via G.Verga6/A 45100 Rovigo Italy cell +393805851852 mail rzambon@libero.it

fredc55 wrote:
Margaret Fauchier and Fred Cosentino 2200 10th Street Berkeley, California 94710 margaret.fauchier@gmail.com freduno@comcast.net

jamesg658 wrote:

Ruggero Z.
Mar 20, 2015

Debra and Bruce Stoll dbstoll924@yahoo.com

Debra A.
Mar 20, 2015

Phirschfield@mindspring.com

PhyllisH
Mar 20, 2015

Loretta Wehbe and Laura LaCasse 1534 North Colonial Court, Arlington VA 22209 610-566-2992; ljlacasse@gmail.com

Laura L.

Last edited by laural454 on Mar 20, 2015 07:41 AM

Mar 20, 2015

I would just like to remind RedWeek users that the forums pages are public and therefore accessible to everyone on the web. These pages are also indexed by major search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.). For the safety and security of our users, we do not recommend posting personal information on the forums.

Alisa S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.