The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jun 27, 2012

claudiav19 wrote:
chrisv126 wrote:
there needs to be a follow-up to this article by crains ny business.
I don't know if this went through or not. Again, I am actually doing a phone interview with Amanda, who wrote that article, today in regards to my complaints. She is interested in speaking to anyone who wants to tell their story. Please contact me at claudiavanhook@gmail.com or her at "Amanda Fung" <afung@crainsnewyork.com> Claudia

Chris V.
Jul 09, 2012

Just wondering how many of you got your Maintenance Fees for 2013 yet? Got mine today: $2135.86!!!!!!! and $108.91 for Real Estate Tax GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Claudia

Claudia V.
Jul 18, 2012

TO ALL MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS, 200 W 56 ST, NYC......................

LOOK FOR AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE MANHATTAN CLUB IN "CRAIN'S NEW YORK BUSINESS" NEWSPAPER NEXT WEEK....MOST LIKELY IN MONDAY'S, JULY 23, 2012 EDITION.

Chris V.
Jul 18, 2012

chrisv126 wrote:
TO ALL MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS, 200 W 56 ST, NYC......................

LOOK FOR AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE MANHATTAN CLUB IN "CRAIN'S NEW YORK BUSINESS" NEWSPAPER NEXT WEEK....MOST LIKELY IN MONDAY'S, JULY 23, 2012 EDITION.

Chrisv126, can we get the paper online? If not, anyone willing to scan and email? Claudiavanhook@gmail.com Thanks!

Claudia V.
Jul 18, 2012

JUST GOOGLE IT, AND GET THE PAPER, OR AT LEAST CERTAIN STORIES ONLINE WITHOUT SUBSCRIPTION.

Chris V.
Jul 18, 2012

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE ARTICLE IN CRAIN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS

Chris V.
Aug 23, 2012

klh5 wrote:
I wish you all the best with this suit. I came to end of my MC rope when fees had increased from apprx $500/yr to just under 2 grand in 10 years with no end in sight and being told that there was no vacancy when I would call for time. So, I "reversed sold" my share back to the Club. It was worth it, to end all the hazzles including fraudulent use of my cc by some one at the club, and consequently being harrassed to pay, by credit!, the fee and RE tax, months in advance of my anniversary date, which was stated as THE due date on my contract. I am so relieved to be out of it. Best wishes.

Is this still possible?

Barbara B.
Aug 25, 2012

Please send information to Stansbury@aol.com or ErnieAstra@aol.com Our address is 20 Cedar Hill Road, Milford, CT 06460

We are having similar problems with reservations.

Marian Stansbury & Erwin Kinkel

Marian S.
Aug 26, 2012

What do you mean about reverse sold back? How badly did you make out? Curious, chuck

Charles M.
Sep 03, 2012

Hi alex,

I just gave my 2 penthouse suites back to the Manhattan Club just to get out of it.

The entire experience was bait and switch.

We gave them back for free because the Club wouldn't even buy them for $1000. We feel ridiculous for for getting into this.

Is the law suit proceeding? what is it's status?

Ruby D.
Sep 05, 2012

This is Chuck and I have never heard back from the attorney who I emailed my survey to. Has anyone out there heard anything back?

Charles M.
Sep 23, 2012

HelloKLH5

Would You Kindly provide me with any information you have about the " Reverse Sale" procedure which you were able to successfully employ.

Any and all information you provide will be greatly appreciated, as I too have been trying to get out of the MC mess for quite some time.

capricewalker@rocketmail.com

Caprice W.
Sep 24, 2012

Thanks for the info. I'll follow up on this with Crain's. I've submitted my survey for lawsuit and talked with an attorney and he stated" don't expect any money back from class action law suit". I really don't expect to get anything back from TMC, but want the company shut down. The entire Manhattan club should be confiscated by government for fraudulent practices. Period. We want to give back our timeshare as well. It has gotten to much to afford to keep with these maintenance fees escalating double and tripling. We are forced to give back with reverse give back. It has been so fustrating and disappointing! We wanted to enjoy our visits for years to come and pass it on to our son. Now we can hardly afford to keep up with maintenance expenses that we can't afford to go and experience NYC museums, shows, parks, dining, like we used to do. This is government protecting the wealthy businessman and companies employed by this company. They have lied continously to owners and continue to do business in the same way robbing more.

Bruce Eichner is robbing people of their hard earned money. He and his companies involved in management and ownership of The Manhattan Club should be shut down.

Vanessa S.
Oct 04, 2012

Vanessa what size unit do you own ?. May know someone who is interested !! I own a junior suite and yes it's ridiculous what's happening. Who told you not to expect anything from the lawsuit ? I hope that's not true!! Thanks Chuck

Charles M.
Oct 08, 2012

Hi, I read your post regarding "reverse selling" your shares back to the MC. How do I do that, I you don't mind telling me? Suny

klh5 wrote:
I wish you all the best with this suit. I came to end of my MC rope when fees had increased from apprx $500/yr to just under 2 grand in 10 years with no end in sight and being told that there was no vacancy when I would call for time. So, I "reversed sold" my share back to the Club. It was worth it, to end all the hazzles including fraudulent use of my cc by some one at the club, and consequently being harrassed to pay, by credit!, the fee and RE tax, months in advance of my anniversary date, which was stated as THE due date on my contract. I am so relieved to be out of it. Best wishes.

Sunilda J. S.
Oct 08, 2012

alexc100 wrote:
Hi, ex-owners can still participate in the law suite. You just need to fill out the survey and send it to the law firm. If you are interested we'll send you a survey. For this purpose please provide your email address . EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE !

Sunilda Sawey suny1254@hotmail.com

Sunilda J. S.
Oct 11, 2012

I spoke with Attorney Blau. "Do not expect to receive any money back". This class action will fine "The Manhattan Club" owner, operator corp. for fraudulent practices. It first has to become class action lawsuit status. Through this process of survey filings of so many people (owners) being unhappy with management and fraudulent practices in their ownership "scam". This can only shed light on the corporation and give them a reputation of not using honest practices in managment of the timeshare ownership.

Vanessa S.
Nov 18, 2012

Could you send me this survey please...kim_hoot@att.net I am a current owner for about a year now.

alexc100 wrote:
Hi, ex-owners can still participate in the law suite. You just need to fill out the survey and send it to the law firm. If you are interested we'll send you a survey. For this purpose please provide your email address . EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE !

Kim H.
Nov 26, 2012

Hi - my name is Allen Fairclough and I own a week at the Manhattan Club, NYC. I noted your message on Redweek as part of the timeshare litigation which did not seem to go anywhere.

Like you, I wish to "reverse sell" my share back to the Club.

Before contacting them, I wondered if you could give me any advice or information on costs which might help me.

I would be grateful for any help. My thanks in anticipation.

Allen Fairclough

klh5 wrote:

Allen F.
Dec 02, 2012

Yes we are interested in joining the class action law suite. MC is a big scam. Since we purchased in 2007 we struggle every year to get reservations. We were told something very different when we purchased how flexible it was to get reservations. One of the big selling points to own at MC. This year we have not been able to get anything and call frequently. They book to the public before they accommodate their paid owners. We are always told nothing is available. Now the huge mainenance and taxes for next year and we can't even stay there. PLEASE SENT SURVEY TO VDGManagement@aol.com or PO BOX 421455 SD, CA 92142 or contact me at 619-990-9301

Sharon V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.