Oct 10, 2011

of all of the years that i have read articles and expeiences on red week, I hate to admit that I paid tis firm $1,500 to sell two of my timeshares. I finally sold the smaller one as advertised on red week, however, I still have another one. When I called buy a timeshare.com to advise that I sold one unit. I asked how much of a refund that i would recieve since this unit was sold. Their answer, " if the uit was sold within 15% of the lisitng price as advertised with buy a timeshare. this is imossible since buya timeshare will advise you that this timeshare unit will sell for a certain price, which we all want to hear, a very good market price. Of course, when the price actually sold is close to $500, that is way less than the 15% price as first listed on buy a timeshare. so another way, a timeshare does not have to pay any money out, just collect is on proposed listing a timeshare

Robert S.
Oct 10, 2011

roberts1192 wrote:
of all of the years that i have read articles and expeiences on red week, I hate to admit that I paid tis firm $1,500 to sell two of my timeshares. I finally sold the smaller one as advertised on red week, however, I still have another one. When I called buy a timeshare.com to advise that I sold one unit. I asked how much of a refund that i would recieve since this unit was sold. Their answer, " if the uit was sold within 15% of the lisitng price as advertised with buy a timeshare. this is imossible since buya timeshare will advise you that this timeshare unit will sell for a certain price, which we all want to hear, a very good market price. Of course, when the price actually sold is close to $500, that is way less than the 15% price as first listed on buy a timeshare. so another way, a timeshare does not have to pay any money out, just collect is on proposed listing a timeshare

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying above, BUT your post just goes to show that if a timeshare is marketable then an owner can just as well sell it himself on ultra-popular internet timeshare listing sites such as Redweek.

R P.
Oct 27, 2011

Recently I started trying to sell my World Mark South Pacific club by Windham points. I registered with Buy a Timeshare. com and next day received an email and a call from Quincy Brown. He very energetically told me how good they are, promissed to sell my 7000 holiday point for $19,000 within a few months, explained that I have no chance to sell with anyone else and immediately asked me for my creditcard details. The upfront charge would be around $2,800. I delayed the conversation until I investigated further. I looked at their site, clicked a few links there and red a few forums. There are different reports and opinions on forums, which you would expect, so I will stick to numbers. They have lots of World Mark South Pacific club by Windham adds for sale at around a price from $1.50 to $3 per point. I stopped after page 6. Than I went to the link "Recently sold". They didn't have a single sale of World Mark South Pacific club by Windhawithin on the last 15 pages. WorldMark by Wyndham in the US sells a lot. An average selling price is around $0.40 per point. Taking it as a guide, my 7000 points would bring me $2,800. If they asked me for $500, I would think about it (as if I didn't burn my fingers before!). The charge of $2,495+$299 processing is a no-brainer. So you see, there is no need for emotions, the numbers tell you all...

Alex K.
May 25, 2012

I tried to make an offer on a unit through buyatimeshare.com and they told me "that unit is no longer available but I have another unit you may like" - I feel like they might be double dipping - charging people to sell timeshares and then actually selling units that they own, or can acquire at a low price and pocketing the cash. Just a hunch.

Travis D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.