Timeshare Companies

Blue Star Resorts, Inc resale company

Oct 25, 2011

Has anyone had any dealing with this company? Are they legit?

Pam R.
Oct 26, 2011

pamr133 wrote:

I have had no personal dealings with this company. In fact, I have never heard of them.

But you might be better served by telling us what this company is offering you or what you are hoping to accomplish with this company.

Remember, regardless of what company it is or what its name is, never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Nov 16, 2011

I read what Pam 133 had to write about this company and wondered if since then anyone has learned more. they have sent me a docusign contract that I can't read unless I agree to deal with them right off the bat without even being able to read the contract. They want me to ok $2799 on my credit card to put in an escrow account - so they say.

I would really like some advice on this as I have had dealings with other companies and this just seems to be more of the same although they tell me that they have a buyer who has already deposited the money I want - How do we know if these companies are legit???

Carole M.
Nov 16, 2011

If it looks like a scam and sounds like a scam........... it's a SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your money in the bank. We we're able to get rid of our timeshare just deeding them back to the resort. Contact your home resort and let them know that you are desposing of your property with or with out them. They should agree to take it back. It worked for us with two timeshares and it saves them years of no maintenance fees and legal expenses to cooperate with you.

Don P.
Nov 17, 2011

Three words - 'it's a scam' - to get your credit card # and your upfront fee, PERIOD. The fact that they've sent you a contract that you can't even read until you send them money should ring a bell with you.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 17, 2011 07:48 AM

Nov 18, 2011

oh no, they aren't asking for money before I read it - this is one of those docusign things where you affix your signature and initials digitally. Once you return the document, then they take the money from your credit card.

You won't believe this but the salesperson (a woman) called her head office to let them know that there was no mention of the refund of the up-front "escrow" payment from the credit card in the contract (as I did open it to send it to my lawyer), and a man called me back - guess they must think that the poor little housewife will cave in if it's a man. I told him my lawyer had left a message for their lawyer to call her, and of course we haven't heard from them since.

I have actually been taken before - so I am very leery of any of these companies and check with the Attorney Genera;'s office in their state and BBB as well. No one has heard of these people, but they do have a website - hey I could have a website - doesn't mean I am legitimate!!!!

Carole M.
Dec 01, 2011

I had never heard of them before but i was just contacted by them today and the gentleman explained that they would take $2799 out of my account and once they get my deed it would be returned. I have been scamed before and it looks like that is exactly what it is. He left his name and phone number and told me that I could bring anything to my lawyer and have him look it over. The offer was $25,000 for my timeshare. Has anyone actually followed thru with this?

Jill C.
Dec 01, 2011

Lots of people have followed through on offers like this. And guess what? They lost that money and still owned their timeshare. Big scam!

Why would this company need you to put up such a large amount of money only to allegedly refund it to you later? Why can't they just take that money out of the proceeds of the sale?

Besides, no one is paying $25000 and up for timeshares. They are being sold on sites such as RedWeek, E-bay, and Bidshares for $1. Some are even being given away with the owner absorbing the closing costs.

Lance C.
Apr 15, 2013

I guess everyone who had a bad experience with them was not aware of the current status of their time share. when you put it up for sale the hotel charges a "fee" kind of like if you were breaking a contract its something that the resorts don't tell you but most of them do. that's why this Blue star people charge because they are putting face front and no one will pay your fees but you and the longer you have it out for sale the more the month's "fees" add up.

I was able to sell my timeshare with them about two weeks after i put it up for sale with them so i didn't have to pay any fees to the resort, i got my deposit back and they of course took their commission as promised. I also referred a friend of mine to them and she just thought they were rude to her the manager apologized that they had recently changed staff and they were all still under the probation period and issued a full refund with a month free advertising in their website as a sale by owner account.

they're not so bad just as any other company they had a few bad apples.

pamr133 wrote:

Marissa B.
Apr 16, 2013

marissab21 wrote:
I guess everyone who had a bad experience with them was not aware of the current status of their time share. when you put it up for sale the hotel charges a "fee" kind of like if you were breaking a contract its something that the resorts don't tell you but most of them do. that's why this Blue star people charge because they are putting face front and no one will pay your fees but you and the longer you have it out for sale the more the month's "fees" add up.

I was able to sell my timeshare with them about two weeks after i put it up for sale with them so i didn't have to pay any fees to the resort, i got my deposit back and they of course took their commission as promised. I also referred a friend of mine to them and she just thought they were rude to her the manager apologized that they had recently changed staff and they were all still under the probation period and issued a full refund with a month free advertising in their website as a sale by owner account.

they're not so bad just as any other company they had a few bad apples.

pamr133 wrote:

It was very hard to comprehend your post, however this is not a hotel site .... this is a timeshare site and the overwhelming advice given here is to never, ever pay any entity a large upfront fee to list your timeshare for sale ..... they're all scams, period .... all they want is that upfront fee.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 16, 2013 07:48 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.