General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Sep 29, 2019

tylere14 Royal Holiday is a complete scam. I wish I had read reviews like this before I signed my contract. Good luck trying to cancel because all the people you talk to will know that you were scammed already so they don't care. The only thing they care about is trying to extort more money out of you. You will regret it if you sign a contract with them. Whatever you do just stay away from them. If anyone has had success with them releasing you from your contract please let me know.

Cherie H.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 29, 2019 01:30 PM

Dec 11, 2019

yes, please talk to your credit card and report it is a scam transaction, you don't authorize it. Open a dispute case and close this credit card later.

Weiquan Y.
Dec 12, 2019

Hi, I'll keep this short as I have previously responded ... The bottom line is we all got scammed. I lost 20 K U.S .. For the past 3 yrs they hounded me with a collection agency, added a 30% penalty for not paying my annual dues, called and threaten me several times,sent invoices by mail and offered me a 30 % discount if I payed my dues yadda yadda. Do yourself a favor and get your credit card changed to another number to be on the safe side and simply IGNORE them . Anyone on this forum stating to call them because they are a lawyer,its another scam .

Every time I travel and see that R.H is trying to suck in new travelers I make it a point of telling then to check the internet first. Ill also attend an information session and get up half way through it and tell everyone to check the internet as they are scammers. Yes they try to intimidate me but Im a big boy and they back down . The word gets out pretty quick and many of the attendees will approach me for more details. This my way of dealing with frustration . Good luck.

Tony S.
Apr 18, 2020

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on Apr 23, 2020 04:22 PM

Apr 20, 2020

Waynec do you have the email and or company address of the owner? Can you send me his name in a private message if you don't want to publish it here??

They have scammed more than $80K out of a friend who is 85 years old and continue to drain him financially. I need to put a stop to it.

Thank you!

waynec192 wrote:
I do. Begins with an M.

Teresa W.
Apr 23, 2020

Theres no way to get any names or contact information of RHC.. rhc is a scam.

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 11, 2020 03:43 AM

Jan 14, 2021

thank you for inform us.

Jennie Miller
Jan 22, 2021

Only ones here breaking the rules are those cons of RHC

One more time to tell you, rhc stole my money over USD 14.000,00. Im a finn, and they even cant sell those memberships to us when they havent any service here. I still get these alerts of new posts.. and my language still is not english. But like to people see what rhc is all about. Its not legitimate business. And i feel sorry every US citizen as RHC victims who fell into this... a system in which seems to be no way out. Like mafia, people keep paying forever these con artists so called annual maintanance fees etc. till they die without a proof to get any accommodation when they are able to travel. Its sooooo overpriced system. People mostly pay for an air. I never got my money back... i didnt belong to this system because of my nationality and residence. Still no apologies, nothing, no money back. Very odd indeed. Those who don't get my point, its not ok to lie and do fraudulent business worldwide as rhc has done.

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on Jan 22, 2021 09:18 AM

Jan 23, 2021

Our vacation was cancelled in May 2020 due to COVID-19. Our resort was closed. Since May 2020 we are trying to get our money back from Royal Holiday. Every time they tell us complete nonsense about the return. Last week we spoke over the phone with Mr. Fonseca from Mexico City office. However, that conversation was only another attempt to find any reason not to return our money. First, he told us that Royal Holiday didn't return money for vacation because we cancelled at the last minute. But after we showed him an official letter from Royal Holiday informing us that our resort would be closed due to COVID-19 he changed his tactic. So Mr. Fonseca couldn't use his first explanation against us. Then Mr. Fonseca put us on hold and when he returned he told us that the company never promised us to return our money. Royal Holiday is a Mexican company and they do not follow American business practices and ethics so we can't get our money back. We are US citizens and we paid for our vacation in the US and we told Mr. Fonseca that we will file a complaint to consumer protection agencies. We have called Royal Holiday since May 2020 for almost 8 months asking to return our money we paid in 2019 for our vacation. What stopped Royal Holiday from returning our money during the last 8 months? According to Mr. Fonseca's latest response: the company doesn't return our money for the spring 2020 vacation because of expected fees in Jan 2021. It's hilarious! This is complete nonsense. Our canceled vacation back in spring 2020 has nothing to do with January 2021 membership because Royal Holiday had 8 months to pay us back. That's how this company with very bad reputation makes their money. Just stealing money from our pockets.

Here is an update on my case against Royal Holiday. After I complained to BBB Royal Holiday finally sent 100% of my money we paid for our vacation before COVID.

Klim G.

Last edited by klimg on Sep 09, 2021 05:30 AM

Mar 15, 2021

Hello what can I do I just purchased this vacation or club membership and I just found out I have to pay $480 if you if I wanna Byam if you wanna if you wanna have a vacation already paid or agreed myself to pay 2500 and I don’t know how to get out of this I’m scared that they will send me to collections if I don’t pay I don’t know what to do

Gabriela O.
Mar 17, 2021

gabrielao11 wrote:
I just purchased this vacation or club membership and I just found out I have to pay $480 if you if I wanna Byam if you wanna if you wanna have a vacation already paid or agreed myself to pay 2500 and I don’t know how to get out of this I’m scared that they will send me to collections if I don’t pay I don’t know what to do

When did you purchase this? If it was fewer than five days ago (assuming you purchased this in Mexico), you are still legally within your rescission period and can rescind your purchase.

If it's been longer than five days, then you might just want to stop paying any fees. You might get some collection calls and letters but those can usually be ignored. They're just bothersome if anything.

Lance C.
Jun 08, 2021

Personally, I want to sue them. I traveled alone and they actually intimidated me into buying and now I cant afford the renewal fees so I spent $100,000 for nothing. Help me file a suit against them. They are American mafia!

Heathheathkat C.
Jun 08, 2021

Hi, just read this. I hope that you can help. This company talked me out of at least $50,000 usd. I need to follow through. They are crooks. Mexico should be held to account for allowing them to defraud their tourists. Canada should strongly warn citizens who go there. I come from a country where we used to trust eachother. I still believe that life should be like that. Does anyone know who owns this company? Is it American or Mexican? Anyways, its not the employees, its the big ass fish who should be kicked off their yacht.

Heathheathkat C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 08, 2021 10:10 PM

Jun 09, 2021

Welcome to the club! We all here assumed they tell us a truth on presentation. However, we all were terribly wrong. That's why we lost our money and they took our money. Google "Royal Holiday scam" on Internet and read reviews. Pay attention that according these reviews your vacation would cost you much more if you consider your initial investment plus annual fees. Indeed, non-members pay much less for the same accommodations that Royal Holiday members. We used to bring this issue to the company with all the facts and numbers but always got response from the company "you save money on our vacation" without any numbers that prove their point. They lie and this is how they operate. Be aware that lately the company pushes fake reviews to fix its public image. Have you already paid $50K in full or you have to pay in installments?

Klim G.
Sep 07, 2021

We purchased in 1991 in the Bahamas …..We were issued an annuity which promised to replay our purchase price of $10.600 after 30 years. When we approached them for payment in July, they told us we were late with four maintenance payments….dating back prior to 2012. This was a blatant lie. Royal Holiday is one of the most dishonest and corrupt time shires in the time share industry. Take a look at the internet to see how bad they really are. If you wish additional information please contact me and I will be happy to assist

Ronald G.

Last edited by ronaldg250 on Sep 07, 2021 03:27 PM

Sep 08, 2021

Ronald G.. No surprise to hear a story like yours. Have you tried to file a complaint to BBB ? If you have proof that they lie about your late payments you have a chance to get your money back.

Klim G.

Last edited by klimg on Sep 08, 2021 04:21 AM

Dec 18, 2021

we too purchased in 1998 and was promised money back. We still have 7 years left on contract, but will let you know if we get money back.

Lena P.
Dec 18, 2021

lenap23 wrote:
we too purchased in 1998 and was promised money back....but will let you know if we get money back.

Who promised you this money back? And what did this person mean by "money back"?

Lance C.
Dec 25, 2021

Hey Tony, has the collections company actually damaged your credit ?? I heard that they just threatened people. I’m just scared they can actually do what’s called a garnish and start taking money out of my paychecks. However I understand this can be rather difficult since they have little jurisdiction in the US, I mean they scammers after all.

tonys382 wrote:
Hi, I'll keep this short as I have previously responded ... The bottom line is we all got scammed. I lost 20 K U.S .. For the past 3 yrs they hounded me with a collection agency, added a 30% penalty for not paying my annual dues, called and threaten me several times,sent invoices by mail and offered me a 30 % discount if I payed my dues yadda yadda. Do yourself a favor and get your credit card changed to another number to be on the safe side and simply IGNORE them . Anyone on this forum stating to call them because they are a lawyer,its another scam .

Every time I travel and see that R.H is trying to suck in new travelers I make it a point of telling then to check the internet first. Ill also attend an information session and get up half way through it and tell everyone to check the internet as they are scammers. Yes they try to intimidate me but Im a big boy and they back down . The word gets out pretty quick and many of the attendees will approach me for more details. This my way of dealing with frustration . Good luck.

Jorge V.

Last edited by jorgev54 on Dec 25, 2021 01:23 PM

Dec 26, 2021

Any updates with your situation?

davidg1375 wrote:
I was also duped by Royal Holiday. After 6 months of payments and research, I decided to quit paying. First thing I did was contact a good contract lawyer. The price is well worth it. He looked over the contract and found a section that allowed us to cancel. Royal Holiday will say no, but the contract is worded so poorly, my lawyer feels they do not have a legal argument. It's been 5 months and they haven't done a thing. They threatened to go to a collection agency a month ago, but I have not heard a word. Get aggressive, I have saved over a $1,100 and counting. I also refused to pay the yearly maintenance fee in January which was another $500. Every time they put a charge on my credit card I dispute it. I sent my bank the letter my lawyer wrote cancelling the contract. In the letter my lawyer asked for our down payment be returned. Should a collection agency ever contact me, I will tell them that Royal Holiday owes me money and that they have their facts wrong. I tell my bank I'm in a contract dispute and they remove the charges while investigating. I recently got word the the charges from January would be removed permanently. Each month is a stand alone challenge, but so far I am not paying them.

Jorge V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.