Closed
General Discussion

point rental liquidators

May 18, 2013

Fortunately I am not a victim of this scam. I am retired from law enforcement and it's still in my blood to bring scum like this to justice. I am a member of the Narional Timeshare Owners Association and have met with the president Ed Hastry who works hard to fight for owners rights. It's the only organization I know that fights for our rights.

I have had the pleasure of working with Jayjay in these forums to weed out scammers and advise owners about how to avoid scams. Unfrotunately most people don't come in here until they are already victims. I find it rewarding to know that we have helped a few people avoid becoming victims.

Besides volunteering with endangered animals this is the other cause I feel strongly about. I was able to rid myself of two timeshares two years ago by following what other people advised me to do and I want to repay their efforts by helping others.

My goal is to eventually see legislation passed to protect timeshare owners. Lobbyists for the timeshare industry are spending millions of dollars to icrease their profits and we need a voice for owners rights.

Let's all work together for reform and to bring these scammers to justice.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 18, 2013 01:37 PM

May 18, 2013

My parents did NOT receive a deed from SHR, even 10 months later. As far as we know, PRL was not involved in their scam. The "brokers" were hired by SHR and they're the ones that scammed my parents. Were they trained by PRL? Maybe. When I called SHR at the condo in Texas and spoke to the manager, Debbie Berra, she had someone from the legal dept. call me back. I had not even tried to call PRL yet, so I'm pretty sure the witch worked for SHR.

Tina K.
May 19, 2013

Hi tinak117, I can and will help 1. Did your parents ever receive a deed? 2. The sales teams were hired by a company out of Las Vegas, NV named R&R Venture Group by Guy Russell & Nonna Russell. 3. 99% of the time all phones were answered in the office in Las Vegas at R&R Venture Group. 4. Debbie Berra is not the Manager, she worked at the front desk. 5. The person you spoke with in what you thought was a legal department was a man named Tom. He is just a person that tried to help people get answers. There is no legal department. R&R Venture Group does nothing legal. 6. Your parents bought this because of the promises that PRL (Brandon B.J. Cooke) told them that they would get a check/money covering the amount of the timeshare they were sold. That being said, I can help. There is a person in Texas at the resort that will try very hard to help you, the only thing you need to post here is a 6 digit number on the top of your parents contract and the date of purchase. I will call them and will have the whole story of what and who that anything to do with dealing with your parents. DO NOT POST anything but that contract number on here. and he said you can call him after 9:00am (Texas time) and ask for Arty at 855-664-3201 and he will do his best to help. But you will need all the info from your parents contracts for him to talk to you. Again, PLEASE file with your AG's office in the state your parents live. Tina, you only have 10% of the story, call the number above and they will help you. Arty is a good man and has helped me with a lot of problems like this and I know he will help you.

boobie

Boobie R.

Last edited by boobier on May 19, 2013 07:24 AM

May 19, 2013

Hi Boobie, Thank you so much for trying to help everyone fight these con artists. But, apparently, not everyone's scam followed the same scenario. 1. My parents NEVER received a deed and THEY DON'T WANT A DEED. The only communication from SHR was a bill for the first year's maintenance dues. Interesting to note: they NEVER received any communication from PRL or RCI saying "Welcome to the Points System" or anything like that, so these guys just took the "membership fees" and kept them. I even called RCI to see if my parents had been enrolled in the Points System & RCI had never received any paperwork on them. 2. We don't know who hired these brokers. According to SHR, they pay these guys commissions, so it sounds to me like SHR's the boss. 3. Seems like that particular office in Las Vegas would be very crowded, huh? The only person there I ever spoke with was Malia, who, according to BJ, had been instructed by SHR manager to issue credits & cancel the contract. Malia told me they don't do that. (and they didn't) 4. When I called the resort in Willis, TX and asked for the manager, they connected me with Debbie Berra. 5. Immediately after speaking with Debbie Berra and attempting to cancel my parents' contract, a female claiming to be with SHR's legal dept. called me back. I didn't catch her name, but it definitely wasn't Tom. 6. They bought into this scheme because of lies Hughes Dewailly and Patrick Thompson told them. We're not even sure who Hughes & Pat worked for, except that they supposedly were being paid sales commissions by SHR. These guys and SHR are the ones I'd love to see being investigated and put out of business. 7. My parents signed the contract on 5/29/12 and finally received credits from Bank of America on 1/3/13 for the original amounts plus interest charged and in March 2013 received refund checks for everything they had already paid in. 8. Reports/Complaints were filed in early July 2012 to: Texas and Louisiana AG's, La. Elderly Abuse, FBI, BBB, RCI, SHR, PRL, all 3 credit agencies, ScamBook & Redweek and they hired an attorney to write letters to PRL & SHR. All to no avail.

Since we have no idea who really is posting on here and who is really answering calls to SHR/PRL and who is emailing, I would not give out any personal information except to AGs or someone else I could verify their true identity. We just don't know if it's really SHR/PRL fishing for information. I'm sure they're aware of how hard it is for victims from various states to come together to fight their cons.

Since my parents finally received a full refund, our only interest now is to help shut these guys down, prosecute the guilty parties, and help prevent others from falling for the same scam.

boobier wrote:
Hi tinak117, I can and will help 1. Did your parents ever receive a deed? 2. The sales teams were hired by a company out of Las Vegas, NV named R&R Venture Group by Guy Russell & Nonna Russell. 3. 99% of the time all phones were answered in the office in Las Vegas at R&R Venture Group. 4. Debbie Berra is not the Manager, she worked at the front desk. 5. The person you spoke with in what you thought was a legal department was a man named Tom. He is just a person that tried to help people get answers. There is no legal department. R&R Venture Group does nothing legal. 6. Your parents bought this because of the promises that PRL (Brandon B.J. Cooke) told them that they would get a check/money covering the amount of the timeshare they were sold. That being said, I can help. There is a person in Texas at the resort that will try very hard to help you, the only thing you need to post here is a 6 digit number on the top of your parents contract and the date of purchase. I will call them and will have the whole story of what and who that anything to do with dealing with your parents. DO NOT POST anything but that contract number on here. and he said you can call him after 9:00am (Texas time) and ask for Arty at 855-664-3201 and he will do his best to help. But you will need all the info from your parents contracts for him to talk to you. Again, PLEASE file with your AG's office in the state your parents live. Tina, you only have 10% of the story, call the number above and they will help you. Arty is a good man and has helped me with a lot of problems like this and I know he will help you.

boobie

Tina K.
May 19, 2013

To tina, You are right, not everyone's scam followed the same scenario. So if you don't need help lets don't make people on here think you do. I would like to spend my time helping the ones that do. I'm very glad your parents got all the money back, very glad. But you still don't have your stories correct so please be careful when posting. You are right it is hard to trust everyone in here. But you could call the AG's office in Wisconsin and ask Shannan if she knows boobier. Of Tennessee, or Florida. Anyway, I tried, boobie

Boobie R.

Last edited by boobier on May 19, 2013 03:30 PM

May 19, 2013

So glad I checked out this link. On Friday My husband and I attended one of these "RCI points update meeting" here in Virginia, and was given the same sales pitch as in the other posts. Our Authorized TERP Broker was Jay Armstrong. We now have a block on our credit card and did not give them a check for the 498.00. They did get copies of our drivers license. RR Closings (IVC) is the processing agent but the address is the same 6132 W Sahara Ave.,Las Vegas, NV 89146. 877-572-2090 702-701-7773

Hope everyone out there is alerted to this SCAM. C Cribbs

Carmen C.
May 19, 2013

That was R&R Venture Group's Team. RR Closing is another name of one of the companies they own. I believe that Jay Armstrong is with one of Brandon B.J. Cooke's team. Hope you did not fall for the scam.

boobie

Boobie R.
May 19, 2013

Lucky for us we did not give them any money. They did get credit card information but we put a block on it and will have the account closed. C Cribbs

Carmen C.
May 19, 2013

To C Cribbs, Good, it will help all the AG's, RCI and all the people on here if you can share all that you can remember. Other names, what they looked like, name of where the meeting was, what the person said when they call you to book the meeting and so on.

Thanks so much, boobie

Boobie R.
May 19, 2013

Timeshares Enhancement Relief Project " T E R P " is the name that all all Brandon B.J. Cook's teams use, IT'S A FAKE COMPANY

Boobie R.
May 20, 2013

boobier wrote:
To tina, You are right, not everyone's scam followed the same scenario. So if you don't need help lets don't make people on here think you do. I would like to spend my time helping the ones that do. I'm very glad your parents got all the money back, very glad. But you still don't have your stories correct so please be careful when posting. You are right it is hard to trust everyone in here. But you could call the AG's office in Wisconsin and ask Shannan if she knows boobier. Of Tennessee, or Florida. Anyway, I tried, boobie

Tina merely posted her and her parents' experience dealing with SHR AND PRL .... the charge on the card was to SHR not PRL. I don't know why you continue to believe that SHR is not part of this scam. Why are you accusing her of not having her stories straight? I have always believed that SHR is as culpable as PRL.

R P.
May 20, 2013

Guy Russell, owner of R&R Venture Group could not ever get credit in history, soooo, his company could not have a merchant account to run credit cards or process checks. He convinced Sunset Harbor to let him run the credit cards thru the merchant account at the resort and then the resort would give him the money. The only thing Sunset Harbor got out of this deal us they sold inventory. I'm not for one or the other, I just want everyone to know that even large companies get caught up in scams they don't know about. Guy Russell, Nonna Russell & BJ Cooke are running the credit cards now processing cards with a merchant account named RR Closings (IVC). He is doing the same thing that he did when he used SHR for running his cards. He can't get a account himself because of his credit. The AG's have all this info, RCI & Texas Real Estate Comm. has cleared SHR of wrong doings. Lets just all sit back and watch everyone involved get whats coming to them. And it will be happening very soon.

Boobie R.

Last edited by boobier on May 20, 2013 07:03 AM

May 20, 2013

As I have stated before let the authorities sort it out. They will have all the information and will bring down the guilty parties. I do believe that even if SHR is not ivolved criminally they might be held responsible for civil penalties since they laundered the money. I don't know how they can sleep at night knowing the participated in helping the scammer rip all these people off. Without their help this scam could not have happened.

Don P.
May 20, 2013

Boobie, I'm not entirely sure YOU have all the stories exactly right either. I haven't been on here acting like I needed help. I've been on here trying to help others. Very early on, we reported this scam to AGs in La & Tx, but haven't heard from any of them requesting more info to help the investigations. Anyway, who put you in charge of who could post what on this forum? I'm seriously starting to wonder if you're somehow attempting to protect SHR from prosecution. How do we really know who you are? I'd love to see someone from one of the AGs offices post here and give their contact info with an official website that we could verify their identity. THEN, we would feel more comfortable sharing personal information.

boobier wrote:

Tina K.
May 21, 2013

boobier wrote:
Guy Russell, owner of R&R Venture Group could not ever get credit in history, soooo, his company could not have a merchant account to run credit cards or process checks. He convinced Sunset Harbor to let him run the credit cards thru the merchant account at the resort and then the resort would give him the money.

Why would SHR offer to permit PRL to use their merchant account? Why would SHR back some unknown entity (R&R Venture Group that came out of nowhere) that could not even get credit (that would raise a big red flag with me if I was SHR)? I smell a dead fish somewhere in this scenario.

I applaud you for all the contact info you've given concerning the PRL and R&R Venture Group scam and it's employees and affiliates, but I believe SHR is in this as deep as PRL .... I believe you're affiliated with SHR in some respect.

R P.
May 21, 2013

Let's not create a crisis within a crisis. I am glad that some people have resolved their particular tragedies. But, many of us have not. And, I have come to really appreciate (and rely on) the calm, informed input of Boobier. My vote is unequivocally with Boobier. I have no doubt that he has the interests of all the victims of the Russells at heart. Please keep up your good work. And, thanks so much for what you do.

Jeffe C.
May 21, 2013

Thanks jeffec

Boobie R.
May 21, 2013

I think Boobier has provided everyone with some of the most valuable information to help bring down the main players. I still want to buy him or her dinner when the authorities finally arrest the scammers. We just disagree about the involvement of SHR. That is not up to us to decide. Like Jayjay stated they should have known something was wrong. They should have asked a lot more questions. I've seen similar situations involving scammers using others merchant accounts and it should have sent flags flying everywhere.

Jeffec is right that we need to stand united and support the people that are doing the actual work helping bring down the scammers. Keep up the good work Bobbier.

I hope there is going to be a civil remedy for those who lost their hard earned money through this scam. I can't believe BOA is not siding with the victims in these cases. As far as I am concerned they stuck their heads in the sand and they only care about their bottom line. I will never do business with them.

Let's all hope that the hammer will fall soon on the scammers.

Don P.
May 21, 2013

Thanks donp196 & tinak117 I very sorry I upset tinak117, I am very passionate about letting everyone know about I do feel that Sunset Harbor was scammed also but from the info I have found they very sorry that all this happen and are trying to help as much as the can by law. They are working with every AG that has contacted them. Guy Russell, Nonna Russell & BJ cooke took advantage of me also but, I also have to watch what I say here. AG's tell me what I can say and what I can't say. I have given the information that they have ask me not to tell anyone at this time. (I wish I could) I'm working with them to help ALL of us. Still, the best thing is for everyone to contact that AG in the state they live in and FILE !!!

Boobie R.
May 21, 2013

How is it that you can get so close to the AG and RCI however they will not contact the people scammed directly for any information. Same with the other AG office I have written and spoke to . Nevada AG stated they COULD NOT help at all. I was under the impression Shannon Morgan was with the AG office of Wisconsin. The AG of Wisconsin is not working on this either . She doesn't know that much about you either. So again , how is it you are so tight with the AG and no one else can even get a response out of them. Makes me wonder about what tinak117 stated. And what you stated- to just back off and let the AG,s handle this. You have provided a lot of information however not to much more then what could found with time being spent on the internet.

James V.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.