Stormy Point Village

Sales rep lied to me to make the sale

Feb 14, 2012

Summerwinds refunded my money, after many phone calls and letters, including to the president of the company.

My story: I am a Wyndham owner (not satisfied) and the Summerwinds folks convinced me that I would be happier as a Summerwinds owner, and they can help with arrangements to sell the Wyndham timeshare (I should easily get $18,000.00 for it!) (We do this all the time.) ("Are you sure?" I asked, "because I am still making payments on my Wyndham timeshare.") I signed the papers and became a Summerwinds owner, it took me months to realize that I was duped. I was going broke making payments on TWO timeshare loans.

The company that they work with, that listed my Wyndham property for sale, (RSI) has many similar properties for sale at the same site, same description for half the price. The folks at RSI are not even trying to sell my property. I know this because I emailed an inquiry on my property and didn't get an answer to my question. I've seen a Wyndham property, 154,000 points, at Glacier Canyon in Wis Dells sell for $1.00 on eBay. This is one of the most desirable Wyndham locations! $18,000.00...ha!

Beware. Act quickly. You have seven days, typically, to change your mind and get out of the deal. After that, it's much more difficult, almost impossible. The sales reps can cleverly word their sales pitch to make a sale. It is illegal for them to lie to sell their product, so keep after the company if you were lied to. I was one of the lucky ones who did get a refund. It was a long, stressful year, but I did get them to take back the property and refund my money. I am grateful for that.

Linda S.

Last edited by lindas1236 on Jun 15, 2012 08:36 PM

Feb 23, 2013

There are places called Research and Resolution firms that can halp. They help victims of timeshare misrepresentation. You can even keep you timeshare if you want, and still get the issue resolved.

lindas1236 wrote:
Summerwinds refunded my money, after many phone calls and letters, including to the president of the company.

My story: I am a Wyndham owner (not satisfied) and the Summerwinds folks convinced me that I would be happier as a Summerwinds owner, and they can help with arrangements to sell the Wyndham timeshare (I should easily get $18,000.00 for it!) (We do this all the time.) ("Are you sure?" I asked, "because I am still making payments on my Wyndham timeshare.") I signed the papers and became a Summerwinds owner, it took me months to realize that I was duped. I was going broke making payments on TWO timeshare loans.

The company that they work with, that listed my Wyndham property for sale, (RSI) has many similar properties for sale at the same site, same description for half the price. The folks at RSI are not even trying to sell my property. I know this because I emailed an inquiry on my property and didn't get an answer to my question. I've seen a Wyndham property, 154,000 points, at Glacier Canyon in Wis Dells sell for $1.00 on eBay. This is one of the most desirable Wyndham locations! $18,000.00...ha!

Beware. Act quickly. You have seven days, typically, to change your mind and get out of the deal. After that, it's much more difficult, almost impossible. The sales reps can cleverly word their sales pitch to make a sale. It is illegal for them to lie to sell their product, so keep after the company if you were lied to. I was one of the lucky ones who did get a refund. It was a long, stressful year, but I did get them to take back the property and refund my money. I am grateful for that.

Jeffrey P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 23, 2013 03:06 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.