Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Have you found it impossible to trade with Marriott's new points system in place?

Mar 03, 2012

Has anyone else found that it is impossible to trade your Marriott timeshare for another Marriott timeshare since Marriott launched their new points based system? We chose not to buy into the points system and even though we own at the Waiohai Beach Club in Hawaii we can't seem to trade for any other Marriott location no matter how early we submit our request and the timeshares we are trying to rent are much cheaper to buy than our Hawaii locations. It seems like if you don't want to pay $800 + to join their points system of trading, you are out of luck. Is it just me???

Kathy R.
Apr 05, 2012

So you are trying to trade though II instead of Marriott's new internal points-based exchange... there is a reason Marriott launched the new internal system - Interval has always been the biggest complaint of a Marriott owner.

Jeremy I.
Jun 06, 2012

Yes it seems to be very difficult. I think less weeks are being deposited with Interval

Art D.
Jun 02, 2014

Yes, Marriott does make things more difficult. Impossible to trade anywhere else. They take care of Marriott. If you buy a platinum week, they still have layers within that season (low to high) and sometimes you can't even get into your home resort!!! Disgusted with how Marriott has done this to their loyal owners. It just means more money for Marriott, not more ocnvenience toits owners.

Jo Ann O. trembath
Jun 21, 2014

We just stayed at the Waiohai last week. We met some owners there who banked their odd years (2 weeks) with Interval and got two weeks this year (even year) through an II trade. (we are not owners there yet but are looking at buying every other year if we can find a good deal) So, I know it's hard but not impossible. Maybe it's easier to trade within the Waiohai? We own at a different Marriott and yes, it has been difficult not quite impossible to trade. East Coast is impossible to trade in to, it seems like most owners are using their unit or renting it (at least during the summer season). Good Luck!

Mary F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.