Timeshare Companies

Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

Feb 16, 2016

Let us pray for poor, gullible Delphine

delphinec2 wrote:
Undercover Boss ANGEL: I thought you was gonna be a total A** but as the show went on and you met people who works for you and you saw the quality of work that they were producing caused a drastic change in you. Plus what they go through to give that great services I saw this Super Rich Jerk turn into the best thing since FRESH AIR. And to see it twice I am convinced you have a heart so big that you put that A** out. If I'm ever in a position to meet you there would be absolutely PURE LOVE for you. Thank you for being an AMAZING CEO...

David K.
Mar 03, 2016

Please keep us informed on this. I am definitely a willing plaintiff.

Greg

Greg W.
Sep 02, 2016

Hello Mr. Cloobeck, my name is Dawn Mapp and I'm hoping you get this letter. I'm in process of buying a Diamond Resort timeshare. But having a problem with the Florida office processing my deal. It's been since late April. We purchased a trial package in April of 2015. Took our first trip on our package in about March of 2016. We liked what Diamond had to offer, so we purchased a full package. We didn't have the full download payment. So they put us on a payment plan. We were told we could pay off our package at anytime before our plan was up. So in late April that's what we did. I called your Florida office gave them all the information to pay it off completely. But for some reason until this date it has not still been processed. I can't get any answers when calling every known department of Diamond. I did everything they told me to do, but still they have not closed out my $17, 000 timeshare account. So we can began to use it. Now I'm at the end of my rope. I don't even what the package anymore. Hope you can please help. Dawn Mapp getdamapp@aol.com Very dissatisfied customer ...

Dawn M.
Sep 03, 2016

That was great! I know it has been years but I too suffer from "Timeshare owner regret" since buying a small amount of points years ago and paying through the nose ever since. I cannot even afford to get them to change my name on the ownership papers since I got married almost 5 years ago. I would give up the Timeshare completely if I didn't care about my credit, but I do and always have so I continue to pay over $800 a year in maintenance fees, so that I can spend ONE WEEK every two years in one of their resorts. Disappointing and not what my dead mom wanted for me when she bought it. How sad it has all become. Money sucking leach of a deal. I will forever be the voice that says "DON'T BUY A TIMESHARE!"

Penny C.
Sep 03, 2016

Steve would certainly not respond as he never replied to several emails I sent him. Particularly now as Diamond Resort has been sold and he is no longer the CEO. He just took his whopping profit and is smiling all the way to his bank. He never listens as he thinks he is better than anyone else. It would certainly be good business sense for him to buy back the time shares at a discount and resell them at a profit. But did he, NO,

Robert D.
Sep 04, 2016

If you want to really bug Steve Cloobeck, write him a letter at his home address. I found 2 residential properties he owns (under the "Xanadu 2 Trust) in the Spanish Trails Country Club, near the corner of Durango and Tropicana in Las Vegas:

65 Cascade Creek Lane Las Vegas, NV 89113

40 Gulf Stream Ct. Las Vegas, NV 89113

Tell him what you think of his shady business practices. Let us know if he answers you.

David K.
Sep 04, 2016

Just about anyone who purchased with Diamond Resort International was scammed. It is so tragic that we cannot get reservations at the resorts we are interested in and also cannot sell the shares back to Diamond Resort International. If their Time Shares are as good as they claim why are they not interested in buying these back? I wish an attorney would take up our issue and sue them or at least get one of the Senators or Congressmen to look into this.

Robert D.
Sep 04, 2016

May I ask how much you paid to this firm to get you out? As you said there are many out there claiming they can help but I am always concerned who are for real and who are the scammers.

Robert D.
Sep 05, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. If they demand money upfront they are a SCAM .

Don P.
Sep 05, 2016

Has anyone dealt with Redemption release co

Fred M.
Sep 05, 2016

fredm145 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with Redemption release co

I'm sure lots of people have seeing R&R are still in business. May I ask why you are asking about this company? Are you planning on using them and, if so, what are you hoping to get from them?

Lance C.
Sep 05, 2016

Hello, RedWeek is about to publish a definitive article about the best steps for people who need or want to cancel their timeshare. One of our major recommendations is to contact your HOA or developer first to see if they have a program that might help. If they don't, contact a licensed timeshare resale broker to get their feedback on the potential resale value and demand for your timeshare (LTRBA.ORG). If your timeshare has no resale value, they will advise you of options. An attorney who deals with timeshare contracts would share that information with you as well. All RedWeek subscribers can ascertain the general value of their timeshares on their resort page, where we list prices for all potential resales as well as rentals. Start your research on your home page. One caution: do not sign up with any "redemption" or transfer company that requires an upfront fee. That is usually a clear tipoff that you are dealing with a ripoff company.

Jeffrey W.

Last edited by jeff_reports on Sep 05, 2016 07:39 PM

Sep 28, 2016

I purchase sampler package last in 2005 and in 4/2016 I convert to ownership and diamond resort reporting I have two act when in reality I only have one am in the process of buying a house and need a letter showing that I don't have sampler package and no one seem to know how to make a letter to help me get my house and because on that am going to loose the house we trying to buy because they can write a simple letter stating the fact I only have one they good in taking your money but every time I try to make reservations they always booked so they say every time I go to Scottsdale link resort the whole parking lot is empty but they so call say they full they full of ** don't buy from diamond resort they don't back up what they promise in the presentation

Betty O.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 28, 2016 02:57 PM

Sep 29, 2016

I have sent your post to Diamond's attorney who has helped an 83 year old widow be released from her contract. I have also sent your post to the media contact at Diamond. Just before I read your post, I reached out to both of them to help another family devastated by rising maintenance fees. While I am obtaining a response for the family I am helping, I will ask if someone can help you. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Irene P.
Sep 29, 2016

"RedWeek is about to publish a definitive article about the best steps for people who need or want to cancel their timeshare"

I am very happy to hear this! I am in the process of drafting such an article myself, for my own website. How long till you think your article will be on Redweek. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. If I agree with your article I'll just link to Redweek!

Thanks, Susan

Susan B.
Sep 29, 2016

Susan -

Our September newsletter had an article by Jeff Weir titled "What is the best way to get rid of my timeshare?" You can find the entire article by going to this link (you will need to copy and paste): http://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/get-rid-of-my-timeshare?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=september&utm_term=redweek&utm_content=nl_article-how-do-i-get

If you have further questions, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 30, 2016

phyl21 Susan -

@Phyllis:

Thank you so much for that link. I would never have found the article on my own. I really need to learn how to navigate around this website, lol!

Susan

Susan B.

Last edited by susanb1439 on Sep 30, 2016 07:44 AM

Oct 01, 2016

Please see RedWeek's blog for latest information on Diamond post the Apollo buyout. It includes a spot profile of Cloobeck that does not include the following: he considered running for governor of Nevada in 2007, then opted, instead, to buy Sunterra, which launched his very lucrative timeshare business at Diamond. He is also a major Democratic donor and, according to Wikipedia, recently donated $1 million to HIllary's Super-Pac. Interesting fellow, even if you don't like his company's resale values.

Jeffrey W.
Oct 16, 2016

this guy is a con artist and on rip off,com there are thousands of people like you that got screwed big time from his company, The Under Cover Boss Show only showed how aragant this guy really is and then throws money around like he does not care

T B.
Feb 11, 2017

Dude you are great, incredible and unbelievable. I love the show, I've watched almost all of the undercover boss, they are all a good show, but you are extraordinary, I look up to you as a mentor, I watched your video over 20 time, over and over, mehn you are god sent.

Secondly, I have a business proposal and I want you to invest into, you don't have no reason to believe me, but I want you to respond to this comment. Affectionately yours, Mohamed Sirleaf.

Mohamed S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.