Riverside Suites

Is it just me or..

Apr 11, 2012

Does anyone else think that Wyndham is intentionally ignoring its jewel of San Antonio and allowing it to deteriorate and ruin in favor of its La Cascada resort on the south side of town that isn't even on the Riverwalk? Or is it just me?

William K.
Sep 10, 2013

All units redone in 12-13 to include furniture, kitchen appliances, drapes and floors.. Far exceeds the La Cascada location and Landry's is excellent along with many other places close. We have owned for 4-5 years and always happy with everything

James E.
Sep 10, 2013

Been here since the building only had 7 floors and the penthouse bedrooms were still a dream..Did you know that up until about 2004 the Landrys Restaurant used to be under another name? Something Cajun I think..Bayous maybe? I can't remember it and I think it was because of the anger brought about by the sale of the restaurant to an outside entity without regard to the fact that the two floors occupied by this restaurant was part of the Riverside Suites Inc. plan and the restaurant paid for its space in the form of annual maintenance fees..Just like all other owners..But that was all thrown away by the new owners. I have no doubt that the fees helped keep our maintenance fees lower.. Heck I can't even remember whether it was Fairfield, Equivest or Wyndham that threw it all away. All I know is that the maintenance fees kept (and continue to keep) rising and the problems the restaurant, which pays no fees to the Wyndham Riverside Suites Resort, continually has in the basement affects all of the units above it..You missed the greasefire, electric vault flooding and the plumbing nightmare that practically shut down the building in 2005, 2007 and 2008..The power was off for 2 days at one time and the smells were horrific. Can you imagine no air conditioning and the windows are all screwed shut? Almost as bad as the dumpster at the entrance to the suites..Oh, and did you know that the original plan for the front door was supposed to be at the corner of College and Presa, NOT next to the dumpster and nightclub entrance. That was supposed to be a freight and service entrance but again the restaurant won out.. And in the original paperwork that I still have it says that owners will be offered Valet parking..That never happened and probably never will..There was also supposed to be a pool on the 3rd floor where the overlook deck (smokehole) is located. The city decided that the structure would not support the weight and the pool was nixed.. Historic stuctures get special treatment from the city ONLY if the Daughters of the Republic of Texas Alamo say so and apparently they said so.. The management was not, is not and will never be apologetic for its mistake in letting someone purchase and occupy the restaurant area without being responsible for what happens to the condos in this historic building. Individual insurance for your subdivided/partial/incremental timeshare may not be a bad idea..The insurance the resort carries does not reimburse you for the loss of your time or unit. It does however reimburse them! But they "may" offer you a discount at another one of their resorts..And the Guenther House has much better food than Landrys..

William K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 10, 2013 06:26 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.