Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Pacific Transfer inc. or selltimeshare.org ?

Feb 08, 2013

Yes! Agreed to transfer 2 Timeshares through them at a seminar last April (2012) and paid over $6000.00 to transfer them. Phone calls are sometimes answered, often not. E-mails are never answered. Responses when we can get through by phone report slow progress. Last phone call that was answered reported that both timeshares were in 'Recording' as of Nov. 14, 2012. Yesterday my husband took a call from one Timeshare that said they had nothing on record that we no longer owned it.

Carolyn M.
Feb 08, 2013

Put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Choose the one located in S. California.They are located in Torrance, CA.

Also put in a complaint with the California Attorney General.

I think that has made them getting going with mine. At least there has been contact.

carolynm286 wrote:
Yes! Agreed to transfer 2 Timeshares through them at a seminar last April (2012) and paid over $6000.00 to transfer them. Phone calls are sometimes answered, often not. E-mails are never answered. Responses when we can get through by phone report slow progress. Last phone call that was answered reported that both timeshares were in 'Recording' as of Nov. 14, 2012. Yesterday my husband took a call from one Timeshare that said they had nothing on record that we no longer owned it.

R M.
Mar 01, 2013

Have they completed the transfer of your timeshare?

carolynm286 wrote:

Hank P.
Mar 01, 2013

Not at this point. Terrible company. No one should ever do business with them and the Attorney General should put them out of business pronto!

R M.
Mar 02, 2013

Yes; I have filed a complaint with the BBB. There as nothig they could do as we signed the contract. What I did was called my resort to find out what county the transfer would take place and requested the number from my resort, what I did find out that our title has already been transfer back in Oct 2012, which now no longer belongs to us, but they are still trying to get us to pay ....cont

Debbie B.
Mar 02, 2013

1 of 2 the 2013 maintanence fees. We are standing our grounds. Its the principle.

Debbie B.
Mar 02, 2013

Call your resort and find out what county the title would be transfer from and see if it has already been completed, as mine has and they are still trying to get us to pay the 2013 maint fees.

Debbie B.
Mar 02, 2013

Call the resort and find our what county the title would be transfer at and call the county and see it it has already been done. Which is what I did and as of Oct 2012 we no longer own it but they are trying to still make us pay for the 2013 maint fees.

Debbie B.
Mar 02, 2013

If enough people file complaint, I think it could happen.

Debbie B.
Mar 03, 2013

debbieb565 wrote:
Yes; I have filed a complaint with the BBB. There as nothig they could do as we signed the contract. What I did was called my resort to find out what county the transfer would take place and requested the number from my resort, what I did find out that our title has already been transfer back in Oct 2012, which now no longer belongs to us, but they are still trying to get us to pay ....cont

If the title is no longer in your name then there is no way they can force you to pay the maintenance fees .... I would go on with my life and forget about this.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 03, 2013 08:49 AM

Apr 27, 2013

Sure have. About 9 months ago, we went to a meeting and it looks like we took the bait. We are out thousands of dollars and have had no activity or contact from them since they sent us some important looking emails in the first month or so of the process. I started sending email requests for status about two months ago. Waited patiently because they told us it would take 6 to 9 months for everything to complete. They never responded to me email requests, so I called the customer service numbers. Someone at least acted like they were interested, made some typing sounds on the computer, and told me it was in the final stages. That was about 6 weeks ago. This monday, I will try calling again. If this transfer ever does actually go through, I will update this post. But at the moment, I am wanting a lawyer badly.

jayjay wrote:
debbieb565 wrote:
Yes!!

We have signed a so call contact with idiots. When we were in the seminar, they had stated that we as long as you are paid up for the year in Maintainance fee that there should be no problem. Guess what! Now they want us to pay our 2013 maintainanance fee before they can do any transferring to title.

I receive a comment, from some stupid ***** today and I am so mad. I ask her if she was part of the BBB and she said "Yes" Look at our reviews, which has left a bad taste in my mouth.

So now that you paid them your money what is our recourse if any.

If it's within 6 months that you paid with a credit card then you can dispute that charge with the credit card company ..... if it's after 6 months then, as of now, there's no recourse.

One question, who are they supposedly transferring title to? The mantra here, and on all timeshare forums, is to NEVER EVER pay an upfront fee to any timeshare entity saying they'll sell, rent or transfer title for your timeshare .... they are all scams.

Wayne S.
May 20, 2013

They are very slow and don't answer the phone or e-mails. They screwed up my closing because they didn't get the proper signatures, as a result I was unable to get the week I wanted. After I posted a negative review on another site it finally got their attention. I would demand a different company handle the transfer if you haven't started the process. If you have started with them, write a negative review and you will get their attention

Mike A.
May 23, 2013

My elderly dad just gave these guys a check for $3000 to get rid of his timeshare. He did it on Sunday, I found out on Tuesday - we agreed that he would go to his bank Wednesday morning in person to stop payment on his check. He didn't. Now it's Thursday and supposedly he's doing that NOW (I'm in TX, he's in MN). If they cashed it, do we have any recourse?

Kim S.
May 23, 2013

Call your bank immediately and put a stop on the check if it hasn't been cashed yet. If it has already been cashed check with your bank and see if you can have it stopped before it clears. Run.. don't walk and get it done now.

Don P.
Jun 02, 2013

I have they are lazy and dumb. I would recommend posting a nasty note everywhere you can. That is what I did at it got their attention

Mike A.
Jun 18, 2013

We have been in the process for 18 months, attempting a transfer with this company, communication is dreadful, they will not return calls. We paid up front (stupid) Last time we heard from them, they claimed to be taking the resort to court. Never deal with this company.

Catherine W.
Jun 18, 2013

Once you paid them that is all they wanted. You might get contacted by someone down the road claiming they can recover the money you lost to the scammers. Guess what ? ... it's the scammers looking for more money. They now have you on the " sucker list ". Don't shoot the messenger. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare.

Don P.
Jun 26, 2013

Even though the deed is transferred you still are under contract with the resort.. The transfer must be completed at the resort to be finalized which requires a fee and the acceptance of transfer by the resort.

James A.
Jul 15, 2013

I agreed to let Pacific transfer, through Right Choice Transfers ,to take over the ownership of my timeshare. Three or four days later I had second thoughts and called Luis Martinez and attempted to cancel the agreement. I had not received any paper work at that time, when I did receive them they were flawed so I could not have signed them if I had wanted to. I talked Mr Martinez who told me He could not return my money because of some phoney law. I have had an attorney write them a letter. demanding my money back. Of course I have not heard from yet and probably will not. I called Pacific Transfers and told them that I had talked to Mr Martinez and had asked for my money back. There was a lot whispering going that I could hear in the background. The rep. told me that Mr. Martinez would be calling soon. I am going to file a report with the Attorney General of Calif. and the BBB of Calif. Wish me luck.

alicem129 wrote:
SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME. I EMAIL A COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN CALIFORNIA ON PACIFIC TRANSFER.

marthaj49 wrote:
I am currently dealing with Pacific Transfer over the same issue (they want me to pay 2013 mainenance fee before completed the purchase/transfer of my timeshare). Could you share the results of your problem with them on this issue?

Stella M.
Aug 14, 2013

I am having a hard time getting in touch with them, as they do not return phone calls and never answer their phones. They wanted me to sign and notarize Warrnty Deeds for myself and my 3 children, but keep sending the wrong addresses for all 3. I advised them a month ago that the paper work was wrong, but they still sent another packet with the wrong information. I am at the end of my patience and am thinking about reporting them to the Attorney General of CA! I can still recover the money, but time is running out, which is why they probably stall for time.

howards184 wrote:
They're a real piece of work for a business. I've been dealing with them for, going on 2 years and I'm still having issues with them.

I had 2 timeshares I was working with them to get rid of and to my surprize when it came time for the final step to be proccessed I was told it was to late and that they couldn't take control of the property. When I asked to speak with someone is management they were always unavailable, and they never called me back. I guess I should've expected such "shoddy" management considering the quality of service I got from the rep who was working my file. Or should I say "lack" of service. Anyway, here it is almost 1.5 yrs later and they actually had the nerve to send me a letter saing I had to pay fees in excess of $6k before they could take the property.

There's got to be some legal way to deal with these folks, any ideas??

Norma T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.