General Discussion

Red Wishes

Jan 23, 2013

donp196 wrote:
I'll bet if Jayjay had feeings you would hurt them.

People like those downing me here DO NOT hurt my feelings .... abusers don't deserve that privilege ..... if they abuse me with words then that shows that they abuse others in their life. In other words, it's part of who they are.

Also, if you want Red Wishes to return, with a fee, then email Redweek that request (go to the bottom of this page and click Contact Redweek), however if I owned Redweek there would be strict guidelines to follow.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 23, 2013 08:32 AM

Jan 23, 2013

billf4 wrote:
If Jayjay was in Germany in 1940, hed be turning the jews over to the gestopo.

He has reported us many times, oh the inhumanity!

Who is us? That tells readers that you were one of the main people abusing Red Wishes.

BTW, if you compare Hitler to me (inhumanity) then you definitely have a mental problem.

R P.
Jan 23, 2013

billf4 wrote:
If Jayjay was in Germany in 1940, hed be turning the jews over to the gestopo.

He has reported us many times, oh the inhumanity!

Jayjay is not a he .... jayjay is a she.

R P.
Jan 23, 2013

kathyb530 wrote:
I agree with you! Red Wishes allowed those who wish to rent out their time share to connect with someone who is looking to rent a timeshare. Red Wishes was the reason I originally joined RedWeek.com

And that's what 'Sell or Rent Your Timeshare' above is for .... RedWishes was not meant for ads such as the above.

R P.
Jan 24, 2013

No, jayjay - that is EXACTLY what Red Wishes was for. It allowed someone interested in a specific week at a particular region or city to PAY to see if someone had a week to rent. With so many timeshares now on "floating" weeks, that is often the only way to efficiently connect a buyer and a seller. Otherwise, if I want first week of June in Maui, for example, I have to email dozens or hundreds of advertisers to find out if they have that week available. The advertiser of a "floating" week often cannot get that week.

With Red Wishes, if someone wanted a particular week in a certain region or city, they would PAY to Red Week to post a Red Wish, and interested sellers could let them know what was available. What is abusive about that???

I have been a member of RedWeek for over 8 years and have advertised my timeshares for rent perhaps a dozen or so times (paying FULL PRICE). I have probably paid Red Week a thousand dollars or so in fees over the years so I am NOT an "abuser." Since cancelling Red Wishes, the responses to my full price ads have dropped dramatically. I predict THOUSANDS of former Red Week members are dropping out and in a couple of years what used to be a great service will slowly go out of business. Too bad for the short sighted owners of this web site.

Brian M.
Jan 25, 2013

brian1152 wrote:
No, jayjay - that is EXACTLY what Red Wishes was for. It allowed someone interested in a specific week at a particular region or city to PAY to see if someone had a week to rent. With so many timeshares now on "floating" weeks, that is often the only way to efficiently connect a buyer and a seller. Otherwise, if I want first week of June in Maui, for example, I have to email dozens or hundreds of advertisers to find out if they have that week available. The advertiser of a "floating" week often cannot get that week.

With Red Wishes, if someone wanted a particular week in a certain region or city, they would PAY to Red Week to post a Red Wish, and interested sellers could let them know what was available. What is abusive about that???

I have been a member of RedWeek for over 8 years and have advertised my timeshares for rent perhaps a dozen or so times (paying FULL PRICE). I have probably paid Red Week a thousand dollars or so in fees over the years so I am NOT an "abuser." Since cancelling Red Wishes, the responses to my full price ads have dropped dramatically. I predict THOUSANDS of former Red Week members are dropping out and in a couple of years what used to be a great service will slowly go out of business. Too bad for the short sighted owners of this web site.

Why have your responses to your 'full price ads' dropped dramatically ???????? If someone is looking for a particular resort (or location) in a specific timeframe then 'Sell or Rent Your Timeshare' is the place to go .... it's very easy to go down the list of what's available .... I don't understand your comment.

R P.
Jan 25, 2013

nothing is abusive about that. some cant see the forest thru the trees. have another donut birdie

Bill F.
Jan 25, 2013

I have been a member of RedWeek for over 8 years and have advertised my timeshares for rent perhaps a dozen or so times (paying FULL PRICE). I have probably paid Red Week a thousand dollars or so in fees over the years so I am NOT an "abuser." Since cancelling Red Wishes, the responses to my full price ads have dropped dramatically. I predict THOUSANDS of former Red Week members are dropping out

i tried to tell them but they wont listen

Bill F.
Jan 26, 2013

billf4 wrote:
I have been a member of RedWeek for over 8 years and have advertised my timeshares for rent perhaps a dozen or so times (paying FULL PRICE). I have probably paid Red Week a thousand dollars or so in fees over the years so I am NOT an "abuser." Since cancelling Red Wishes, the responses to my full price ads have dropped dramatically. I predict THOUSANDS of former Red Week members are dropping out

i tried to tell them but they wont listen

Well, they are the only people that can make changes to this site so your griping here isn't doing any good if they've already turned a deaf ear to you .... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I see you have great mental telepathy powers or you have a crystal ball predicting how many people will drop Redweek due to the closure of Redwishes ..... sheesh, get over yourself.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 26, 2013 03:15 PM

Jan 26, 2013

I have been a member of RedWeek for over 8 years and have advertised my timeshares for rent perhaps a dozen or so times (paying FULL PRICE). I have probably paid Red Week a thousand dollars or so in fees over the years so I am NOT an "abuser." Since cancelling Red Wishes, the responses to my full price ads have dropped dramatically. I predict THOUSANDS of former Red Week members are dropping out and in a couple of years what used to be a great service will slowly go out of business. Too bad for the short sighted owners of this web site

brian1152 wrote:

Bill F.
Jan 27, 2013

One of the reasons I did not re-new my Redweek membership was the elimination of Red wishes. I find most ads incomplete and it is not worth my time to have to contact 10+ advertisers to find what I am looking for. This is especially true for float week timeshares.

I agree that if the forum could be revamped and broken down into areas it would be even better than it was before.

Tracey S.
Jan 28, 2013

Red wishes I thought was for people who wanted a location , or date, but could not find it listed under the resort, or location under rent or sell your timeshare.

Any other sites you have to type in a location or a resort etc to get a list of what is around to look at. I myself am a owner and do list my week under my resort. on Redweek. The info of what is available is all listed. Also, alot of people like my self reserve a week, but can change it sometimes. Also, if one or two people you contact that do not have a specific week listed and cannot get it, then chances are it is not avail.

So, this is where Red wishes would be good to request a date and location that is NOT LISTED UNDER THE RESORT, OR LOCATION.

WHY WOULD REDWEEK HAVE THE DETAILED SYSTEM OF LISTING YOUR WEEK IF YOU COULD JUST GO TO REDWISHES AND PUT IT OUT THERE.

Something that I have expressed many times to redweek is it would be great to be able to have a list to refer to for swaping or trading with each other as owners, and would be an alternative to RCI.. We all have had so much invested in these time shares and are all costing us money to use them. So, this could be so useful to be able to access info to select a location that is not listed under the RENT AND SELL LISTINGS if your looking to go.

So often timeshare owners feel in a corner to go somewhee just to use there time but would rather go somewhere else but cannot find anything avail for when they want.

I know we have Dae, but have not found alot on that , but does have its purpose. Alot of times the very few available times are when no one really would want to be there somewhat like RCI.

In conclusion yes redwishes would be nice, but needed to be used with consideration that if the info was accessable under the Rent and Sell listings, that is where people needed to be looking. this way it gives a fair chance for all who are listing and selling there weeks, unless it was not listed and then redwishes could be used. Alot of people do not list there week untill later in the year of use.

Carol S.
Jan 29, 2013

carols725 wrote:
WHY WOULD REDWEEK HAVE THE DETAILED SYSTEM OF LISTING YOUR WEEK IF YOU COULD JUST GO TO REDWISHES AND PUT IT OUT THERE.

Therein lies the problem .... if people could post resales and rentals for free in Redwishes then why bother to pay to list it under Sell or Rent Your Timeshare?

Quote:
So often timeshare owners feel in a corner to go somewhee just to use there time but would rather go somewhere else but cannot find anything avail for when they want.

This is why there are exchange companies.

Quote:
In conclusion yes redwishes would be nice, but needed to be used with consideration that if the info was accessable under the Rent and Sell listings, that is where people needed to be looking. this way it gives a fair chance for all who are listing and selling there weeks, unless it was not listed and then redwishes could be used. Alot of people do not list there week untill later in the year of use.

And who's going to cross reference such to see if Redwish listings are in Sell or Rent Your Timeshare.

R P.
Jan 29, 2013

I did not say they would cross referrence, it means to check out the Rent and sell listing under the resorts first before putting the request onto a section like red wishes.

Yes why would someone pay the ad fee if red wishes let them advertise free. That is where people just do not get it and by not following the rules to make it fair, I guess maybe that contributed to why we now do not have it.

Just like these forums, people do at times advertise in a suttle way and that is not where it belongs.

I am a team player and believe working together and staying within the rules it is fair to everyone. We all want to find that renter and fair enough if someone was able to fill a spot if not able to be attained through looking under the rental listings. If a non owner requested on red wishes looking to rent, it helps someone out otherwise would not have been able to deal through redweek and get the timeshare they wanted.

Who to say that a renter is going to read all the ways to access info, it gets complicated and alot of policing. The only way it would work if the request went to Redweek first and then they would have to check it if it was listed already and then ya or na on putting it on red wishes., (past tense)

If we lived in a perfect world it would be nice but people do what they need to meet what they want most times.

Carol S.
Jan 30, 2013

carols725 wrote:
Just like these forums, people do at times advertise in a suttle way and that is not where it belongs.

They don't get away with it .... ads in the forums are turned into Redweek and then deleted.

R P.
Jan 30, 2013

I noticed that recently, but did not know it was a regular thing. So another thing for Redweek to monitor. Like I said before, people will try anyways, if people would folow the rules, Redweek could spend less time policing and work on this new launch that is suppose to replace red wishes.

Redweek offers alot of positive things, and hopefully this new section that is going to replace Red wishes is coming soon and we get a glimpse of what it is going to consist of. This may encourage the members to stay members.

Carol S.
Jan 30, 2013

> ads in the forums are turned into Redweek and then deleted.

Jayjay admits to being the board snitch!

What a wonderful life she must have!

Bill F.
Jan 31, 2013

billf4 wrote:
> ads in the forums are turned into Redweek and then deleted.

Jayjay admits to being the board snitch!

What a wonderful life she must have!

I do have a wonderful life and part of that wonderful life is turning deadbeats like you into Redweek for abusing Redwishes.

R P.
Jan 31, 2013

In life there are people who try to beat the system and there are those who work within the rules. This is why we have so many more restrictions and hoops to go through in life is because of those who try to not follow the rules , Just like red wishes. Abuse has caused alot of issues in life, and people need to stop and realize how did we get to this point. Maybe only one or two ruinon it for everyone else.

Carol S.
Feb 01, 2013

jayjay wrote:
carols725 wrote:

They don't get away with it .... ads in the forums are turned into Redweek and then deleted.

by whom:

JAY JAY IS THE BOARd SNITCH

Bill F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 01, 2013 07:59 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.