Point Systems

Point rental liquidators

Sep 27, 2012

I am still going around in circles with PRL/Sunset Harbor ans BJ Cooke. He has promised a payout for this month and will not answer my calls. I was premature in supporting him in the past. Don L

Donald C.
Sep 27, 2012

Go to general discussion in the forum and you will see a title for PRL there. We have been warning people about this scam for a long time. BJ Cooke was in there ranting about his scam operation and everytime he posted his lies we exposed his fraud company. He apparently has changed the name of his company again. That is a typical ruse used by scammers. He is listed as the owner and president of the company which should be a big red flag for anyone. Good luck tracking him down and trying to recover your money. Please keep us posted about your progress.

Don P.
Oct 24, 2012

what has he changed his company to...is it not still PRL.??

Has anyone had any luck locating them and getting any information at all.. How about everyone calliing Attorney General office in their state and NV and TX and lets see what we can do about him not contacting anyone back.

Scarlett M.
Oct 25, 2012

hazena wrote:

Has anyone had any luck locating them and getting any information at all.. How about everyone calliing Attorney General office in their state and NV and TX and lets see what we can do about him not contacting anyone back.

You don't even have to call the Attorney General ..... you can file a complaint online ..... google for contact info.

R P.
Oct 25, 2012

Donald C, Did you ever get your check from PRL? Probably not, if you're like the rest that posted here.... BJ supposedly got Sunset Harbor Resorts to cancel the contract and refund my parents' $9500, but it NEVER HAPPENED! Sunset Harbor Resorts, Point Rental Liquidators, Hughes Dewailly, Pat Thompson & Bank of America are all in on the scam. Does anyone know of a way to gather victims together for a CLASS ACTION SUIT?

donaldc215 wrote:
I am still going around in circles with PRL/Sunset Harbor ans BJ Cooke. He has promised a payout for this month and will not answer my calls. I was premature in supporting him in the past. Don L

Tina K.
Oct 26, 2012

We also have been taken by BJ Cooke of Point Rental Liquidators. How can this guy/company be shut down? We have been promised a check for about a year now. Have called numerous times at occasionally the office personnel "Sara" has actually hung up on us.

Robert E.
Oct 26, 2012

Great idea - we have already filed a complaint with the Attorney General in NV - but will do so in WI and TX.

hazena wrote:

Robert E.
Feb 21, 2013

Hi Don ;I also have been ripped off by PRL and Sunset Harbors Resort; and having a hard time getting my money back for the Sunset Harbor Resort. Would definately be interested in joining a Class Action Suit with others that have been scammed also, the more people involved the better our case. Please feel free to contact me at the following: cegwarren@maine.rr.com

Thanks, Carl

tinak117 wrote:
Donald C, Did you ever get your check from PRL? Probably not, if you're like the rest that posted here.... BJ supposedly got Sunset Harbor Resorts to cancel the contract and refund my parents' $9500, but it NEVER HAPPENED! Sunset Harbor Resorts, Point Rental Liquidators, Hughes Dewailly, Pat Thompson & Bank of America are all in on the scam. Does anyone know of a way to gather victims together for a CLASS ACTION SUIT?

donaldc215 wrote:

Carl W.
Feb 22, 2013

Carl, How long ago did you get scammed? My parents got scammed in Hammond, LA in May 2012.

Tina K.
Feb 22, 2013

There's much more discussion concerning PRL in the 'General Discussion' forum.

R P.
Feb 25, 2013

Ill keep my opinions to myself, post nothing slanderous, only the facts but this is from ARDA:

New ARDA Consumer Advisory Warning for Vacation Services International, Point Rental Liquidators, and HP Consultants 05/11/2012 2 Comments Consumer Advisory Alert May 10, 2012

Based on communications with numerous timeshare owners, ARDA cautions consumers on a new scam targeting timeshare owners.

The person is met by a representative of Vacation Services International (VSI) who tells the timeshare owner that ARDA has enlisted VSI to assist timeshare owners who have complaints with one or more of the industry exchange companies. While the story varies slightly from owner to owner, VSI will usually offer help or provide "a way out" of timeshare ownership for a fee. The sales pitch at one Wisconsin location was made by an individual claiming to be B.J. Cooke.

At the in-person presentation, the following offers have been made to timeshare owners:

•An offer to allow owners to convert their timeshare for "points" that can be converted into exchange opportunities or even cash. The company that would perform this service is Point Rental Liquidators.

•An offer to purchase a timeshare at Sunset Harbor—a timeshare resort located on Lake Conroe in Texas. An offer was also made to purchase a timeshare in the Fisherman’s Cove Resort, which has yet to be built.

Another timeshare owner attended a sales presentation made by Jean Hamilton of HP Consultants. Hamilton claimed that she works with ARDA as a consultant to "help solve the industry-wide overbooking problem." HP Consultants offered to buy his timeshare and then sell him an $11,995 membership in a club that would give him, his family, and his friends the unlimited use of timeshares forever. Again, ARDA has nothing to do with this company or this salesperson and questions the legitimacy of this offer based on the alleged representations made during the sales presentation.

Scott F.
Mar 26, 2013

Timeshare points-system was introduced as a way to innovate timeshare industry. This vacation plan has been introduced in recent years. The points system allows the use of the unit in different seasons each year, and not only fixed weeks, like most timeshares do. In this concept, the club members acquire a number of annually allocated points. These points are used to exchange for holiday accommodation.

Advantages of the points system:

It is much more flexible than the fixed-weeks program You may choose your location You may choose the size of the unit You may choose the length of your stay Disadvantages of the points system:

There is no guarantee you will be able to book a certain week due to the FCFS (first-come-first-serve) basis, so you have to make reservations with long anticipation. There’s a high fee of joining a Points Club There are annual fees you have to pay, even if you don’t use the unit The value of the points will decrease from the first purchase price, as well as happens with a regular timeshare. If you don’t use them, points can expire They never seem to be enough. Most times, you have to buy additional points to exchange your timeshare, stay at a bigger unit or stay for a longer period.

Kriz C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 26, 2013 09:41 PM

Mar 27, 2013

Brand point systems (such as Marriott, Wyndham, Starwood etc) are a completely different ballgame than PRL's scam scheme .... this thread is titled Point Rental Liquidators .... not brand point systems.

R P.
May 17, 2013

Has anyone started a class action law suit against, PRL, VSI and Sunset Harbor Resort?

I am interested in joining.

Terri W.
May 17, 2013

Go to General Discussion and you will find a thread all about PRL and Sunset Harbor.

Don P.
Dec 10, 2013

Tell me more about your VSI experience. They claim to buy points. You must join first then you supposedly get a check for your points you agreed to sell to them.

Is this a scam? Has anyone got paid for selling points?

Richard P.
Dec 11, 2013

It's a SCAM. Go to general discussion in the forum and the thread for Point Rental Liquidators and read all about their scam.

Don P.
Dec 11, 2013

YES! It's a scam! Don't become another victim!!!! Google to find MANY reports of scams. See the lengthy discussion under Point Rental Liquidators on Redweek's discussion forum.

richardp358 wrote:
Tell me more about your VSI experience. They claim to buy points. You must join first then you supposedly get a check for your points you agreed to sell to them.

Is this a scam? Has anyone got paid for selling points?

Tina K.
Jul 23, 2014

I also been waiting for my check. Try calling 18775722090 but not in service dose any one have a new number for them. Is there a class action suit pending dose anyone no?

John V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.