Royal Haciendas

REFINE Packages

Oct 17, 2012

I recently visited the royal resorts webiste where I see that they are implementing an all inclusive model at a price of $110 per person per day in addition to the rental fee. If I rent from an owner through redweek will I have to pay the all inclusive fee or is it optional (i.e. an owners loan).

The all inclusive format does not seem to work well with the royal resort format (i.e. large kitchen condo style units) and I wonder what this will do to affect the atmosphere there?

We love royal resorts and have stayed there many times and I would be dissapoitned to see any negative changes due to the implementation of an all inclusive model. The reason we choose Royal Resorts is because it is NOT an all inclusive.

Did the owners have any say in these changes? I wonder whether they think it will be beneficial. All thoughts appreciated.

Kelly G.
Dec 04, 2012

The Royal owners were not consulted about the AI plans, nor have most of us even been officially informed about it! The good news, however, is that no owner or owners guest is required to take it(at least as of 12/3/2012). I believe that you may take it as an option. The silver lining in the AI is that it should create a larger pool of renters for RR owners...

Rachel B.
Aug 13, 2013

Just wanted to concur with rachel (above) . I was there in May-June & rent out one of my June weeks & those I rent to do not have to take the AI.

Jeanne M.
Jan 22, 2014

We rented from an owner Week 1, 2014. We filled out the "Owner Loan" information and did not have to purchase the AI option. We enjoy going into Playa del Carmen several times during our stay to eat at a variety of restaurants. I prefer not to pay the additional fee per day when a number of our meals are not eaten there. We also are not big drinkers or eaters so we have never chosen a resort with the AI because it just isn't as economical for us.

Renae O.
Mar 25, 2014

We tried the All Inclusive package for 4 days this March and we were very pleased. We paid $74 per as an owner and got excellent value. BW

Barry W.
Jan 23, 2015

As owners of beach front wks 9,10 &11 we have exactly the same concerns. A couple we know just sold 4 weeks at RH because they didn't like this new concept.

wcm I 368

William C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.