Travel Tips & Advice

The Power of Duct Tape

Dec 05, 2012

I was browsing the web for travel tips when I stumbled across a piece on the Smart Travel website titled, "10 Travel Essentials That Cost Less Than $10". I was intreagued so I clicked through.

Some of the items included in the list -- a hand-held luggage scale, spray-on fabric wrinkle releaser, and collabsible water bottles -- are all great travel items to have. But my favorite was good 'ol duct tape. The reasons...

"Duct tape is the Swiss Army knife of sticky substances. The multiuse adhesive has the power to repair luggage, cover foot blisters, hide valuables (you can tape them under your bed), cover tent or sleeping-bag holes, adjust skirt hems, remove lint from clothes, and more. You can even use colored duct tape as a makeshift luggage strap. Get the kind printed with images of bacon from Amazon for $6.87 (at the time of publication) for the ultimate in suitcase identification."

I'm sold! Duct tape will definitely be in my suitcase from this day forward.

Carol J.
Nov 09, 2014

great idea, we travel to third world countries for medical missions. Duct tape is in every bag. Amazing stuff.

Karen M.
Oct 10, 2022

I don't know much about duct tape. But I would like to learn more about this one. Thanks for your updates.

RicardoLatham
Oct 10, 2022

It looks like you have a lot of experience in traveling. How many countries did you visit so far?

RicardoLatham
Oct 11, 2022

Duct tape is usually the best tape for semi-permanent and permanent repair jobs where there's no worry about damage to surfaces, or on surfaces that are relatively easy to clean. Duct tape is also a good choice for damp and wet locations since it's relatively water-resistant. DO you want to know more about duct tape??

John C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.