Grand Regency Resort at Thousand Hills

Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

Sep 09, 2018

Okay let's do it. I would like to go the class action way. Do we have anyone in Missouri that will get the ball rolling?

Glenn D.
Sep 10, 2018

We are interested too. please keep us updated.

David H.
Sep 11, 2018

If a Class Action Suit is started, we're interested in joining.

Tom B.
Sep 11, 2018

Nope! We’re actually pondering if we should be buying more at the Grand Regency.

Gloria J.
Sep 12, 2018

I'm ready. I don't know who Gloria is, she has been backing every new management company that comes along. If you want to buy extra timeshares find one that is not broke.

Monroe C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 12, 2018 10:46 AM

Sep 12, 2018

Backing every management company? I really didn’t get active on here until Green Lake took over. The meeting in July—plus our visit out to the Grand Regency— gave us great hope that Green Lake and Good Management are fixing the issues. We’ve been able to use everything we’re entitled to via swapping until 2018, and we have until the end of May to use that.

Gloria J.
Sep 12, 2018

Most of us feel like we have been screwed.

Glenn D.
Sep 13, 2018

Gloria, I will transfer the deed to my Colonnade time share to you today for free if you're that confident.

Tom B.
Sep 13, 2018

Oh I would transfer our deed to the Colonnade free also. We haven’t been able to trade for 2 years and this is the 3rd year. I don’t want to stay at the Colonnade. I want to be able to trade. I have been trying to call the Management Company since our fees are due by the 15th. No one has called me back yet. I would be interested in the class action suit also but is anyone paying the dues ? They are due.

Linda M.
Sep 13, 2018

We own at the Grand Regency, not the Colonnade. Maybe they have had more problems than the Grand Regency. We love the location of Grand Regency >>> off the beaten path.

Gloria J.
Sep 13, 2018

Back when Inderjit had his fingers in it, I would have to call and get pissy in order to get my weeks assigned so I could give them to II in exchange for points. Which we would usually use in Hawaii.

Gloria J.
Sep 13, 2018

Gloria, think about it, if you took over everyone's deed who was unhappy and just wants to get out, you could own the whole place.

David H.
Sep 14, 2018

Lol! Wouldn’t that be nice?! But I’d have to be retired to use that much time, and a millionaire to pay the maintenance fees. Retirement is still six years away, and the millionaire thing isn’t looking too good... Our goal is to eventually have enough Shell points in Hawaii so we can spend at least a couple months there in the winter. Resold points are much less expensive and although they can only be used for occupancy, that’s all we use ours for anyway. Maintenance fees on those points would still be less than owning over there.

Gloria J.
Sep 14, 2018

I'm sure there are plenty of us on here that own at Grand Regency, such as myself, that would gladly sign over our ownership free of charge if you want it. I own a 2BR at Grand Regency and I'm exhausted from trying to exchange anywhere decent or not wanting to bother staying at Grand Regency due to them not having any decent amenities such as a pool. I mean, what condo in their right mind doesn't have a pool???!!! Gloria, I admire your enthusiasm and your faith in them, but I myself an done. Good luck to you.

Shawna M.
Sep 16, 2018

People. Use your head! We must band together on this. NO ONE should pay any add’l fee’s. For what? The Regency is in such a state of disrepair, we have been essentially denied our use at our home property, therefore defaulting on the contract. No new company will have enough money to repair the property for proper use. Do NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Is there anyone local(we need someone to contact a local attorney, Missouri bar accepted, with knowledge of this situation. There will be no fee to investigate the possibility of a class action, but it must be done in Branson. We would then pool our annual fee’s as a retainer- we must TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY.

Tom P.
Sep 17, 2018

Keep us in the loop on this - - We chose the #II option of deed back in 2016, paid the 2250.OO and that check was cashed by??? Also sent a 27.00 check for Taney County for records which was not cashed. Our calls were never answered, we never received any paperwork ind indicating our deedback was complete - - nothing Zip, nada. We had paid also a special Maintence fee and regular maintenance fee. for which we got shafted again. As far as I am concerned We will never send or spend another $$ in Branson and the Grand Regency will not receive any $$ from us again. Roberth, Pierre, S.D. roberth1673

Robert H.
Sep 17, 2018

Our maintenance fees were due on the 15th . I talked to the management company this morning. They say we are obligated to pay and that we will be billed for next year in January, our maintenance fees are used to replace appliances, etc. I told them that I want proof that they are working on the Colonnade. We are headed down to take a look. They have to understand that we have faithfully paid for two years and paid Assessments. They tell me that we will get this year’s trade value soon.

Linda M.
Sep 18, 2018

Gloria. I will also transfer my ownership to u. You pay any transfer fee’s, get the blessing of the new “management” company, and it is all yours.

Tom P.
Sep 18, 2018

Of course they are going to tell you you're obligated to pay maintenance fees. That's how they make money. As far as I'm concerned, they owe me money. I paid in fees for 16 years, and little to no updates were made to the Grand Regency, and then I lost my ability to trade for something decent. Why on earth would any of you pay any more money to crooks? I don't care if they are a new management company with plans to repair. I've heard that several times before. This is not the first time someone new has taken over. It keeps happening because the original owners. Spinnaker, were crooks, and lied about the property to make sales, then got out of it. Its been a money pit from the beginning and its only gotten worse. It was sold to a crook who once again stole everyone's money - why on earth would I give someone new more money? Why would any of you do that? If you're new to the property - take my word for it. It will never change.

R S.
Sep 18, 2018

Did you get to deposit to II and use your 2017 year and 2018 year usage?

Vicki L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.