Grand Regency Resort at Thousand Hills

Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

Jul 25, 2018

I agree with the deed backs, but by law are we responsible for the fees. Can we just not pay them. We are paid through 2017 with all the Assessments. We lost 6 weeks of banking with RCI. We own a 2 bedroom. I really don’t want anything back, just out of it. Who in the world would they resell any of this to.

Linda M.
Jul 25, 2018

I must be missing something our we in bankruptcy or foreclosure

Bobby W.
Jul 25, 2018

It was foreclosed on and the lender ended up with it. We need to pay maintenance fees because we have a contract. Eventually they'll look at deed backs. Once it is all back running, the lender can look at setting up sales to sell the unsold units. If people do not pay their maintenance fees, it puts more burden on those of us that do. It isn't possible to just walk away by not paying the fees; they can use a collection agency and it will affect your credit rating.

Gloria J.
Jul 25, 2018

no no no more fee's for me when you foreclose on someone you don't get to keep chargeing them

Bobby W.
Jul 26, 2018

We own odd years and paid the 2017 MF, with no bank either, I am not paying any more, but I wanted deeded out before the 2019 fees are due. Hopefully to avoid any collection issues/ credit reporting etc. It is all ridiculous, we are the injured parties.

Vicki L.
Jul 26, 2018

Can someone please summarize what was said at the management company meeting yesterday? Thanks!

Mark S.
Jul 26, 2018

By law we are responsible for the fees. But by law, we are also due the product that we are paying for. And many of us have paid for several years with zero use of the property. This is not a one way obligation. We aren't contractually obligated to pay fees for eternity without reasonable use of the property. Our legal obligation to continue paying was terminated when Inderjit sidestepped the elected HOA, assigned his own company to act as HOA, collected MF's, misdirected MF's to his various other entities (the last one I paid ended up going to Celebration Cove) and broke our trust and most certainly the contract.

Good Management and the lender do not want you to think for yourself. They want to scare you with "credit/collection" to keep you paying your fees. The lender is hosed (as they should be, for loaning money to Inderjit Grewal) if nobody pays. The lender want to keep units "sold" and keep income flowing to help offset their losses for a property they don't want to own in the first place It has no value as is, so they have to keep stringing us along, get it into decent enough shape to sell and will be more then happy to sell it/us to the next Inderjit Grewal that comes along. You'll be doing this all over again in a few years. They don't want to start all over selling the whole property. I get it. But it doesn't mean I'm buying it or that I'm sending any money to them. They are going to have to prove to me that they have a legally binding contract that is still enforceable. I really don't think they can do that. If they want to test it in court, I'll be more than happy to oblige them and help set precedent by which any other GR owner can tell them where to stick their invoices and collection threats. Do not kid yourself. Good Management is not trying to "Fix the situation". They're simply there for the $. They keep a cut of whatever they collect. Regardless of their name, they aren't involved out of kindness to help us out. It's all about the $. It's always about the $. You have it. They want it.

If they think any jury would hold victims of Inderjit's crimes bound to the timeshare contract and still beholden to Inderjit's lender, they might want to reconsider their position.

I would encourage anyone considering paying any type of invoice to Good Management to seek legal counsel. A few hours of an attorney's time is much cheaper than being told you are indebted for life to a timeshare management company whether or not they meet any of their obligations to owners or not. That's what they're telling you. And no contract works that way.

Krazy E.
Jul 26, 2018

I agree, do not pay . I knew the meeting would be for collection of fees and more broken promises. Why would anybody believe they are fixing the place out the goodness of their hearts They have a plan to make money

Monroe C.
Jul 27, 2018

Isn’t any business in business to make money? It would be pretty stupid if that wasn’t the case. We don’t run our business just to put smiles on people’s faces, we do it to make a living. Branson wouldn’t exist if none of these businesses were making money. The meeting wasn’t just about maintenance fees; it was about plans to get our timeshare up and running and a timeframe for that project. We were able to use our time through 2017; 2018 was the first year we couldn’t swap it, but they will be giving extensions for the 2018 use year. We consider our timeshare an investment and feel very optimistic about the situation.

Gloria J.
Sep 06, 2018

Just received bill for 2018 maintenance fees for 2018, although they have been closed. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Glenn D.
Sep 06, 2018

I think we should all stick together and not pay any 2018 fees as we got nothing for it.

Robert D.
Sep 06, 2018

They are extending use of 2018 weeks to the nd of May, 2019.

Gloria J.
Sep 06, 2018

Even so........hard to get excited about forking over what they get for MF to spend a week in a place that now makes a Motel 6 look swanky. A week at Motel 6 is what, $300?

I'd also like to know how they're going to "sell more units" when 90% of the current owners would gladly GIVE theirs away and pay the closing costs to boot. Where do you find cash buyers in THAT market, lol!

Krazy E.
Sep 06, 2018

Oh, I so agree! They are not going to try to sell ours until they get the unsold ones sold...the ones they are not collecting MFs from. I only see this as a lost cause. We don’t stay at Colonnade as it is. We trade for something else, which we have not been able to do. Is anyone paying the fee. I don’t know what to do here.

Linda M.
Sep 07, 2018

I with you about not paying. How many are willing to put up with the threats?

Glenn D.
Sep 07, 2018

I haven't paid, nor do I want to. I have been an owner since the beginning. I believe we could all get out of the contracts simply due to misleading sales presentations. We were told a pool, other units, etc were going in and we would be the first to own at the GRAND place called Grand Regency. What a crock of bull. I have paid maintenance fees for WAY too long and not received any of the benefits that were promised. I always traded to go somewhere with a pool for my kids. So not only did I pay maintenance fees, but also paid the extra to trade. What a stupid cash drain this has been. Couldn't ever trade anywhere I actually wanted to go probably because the trade value of this dump wasn't very good. I'm so done! Just let us out of the contracts. I will gladly hand mine over for free - I just don't want to be obligated to pay maintenance fees anymore! Enough is enough!

Shawna M.
Sep 07, 2018

You don't (Have to pay). There is no law that says you have to. So just don't. These threats are bs. I almost don't believe there even was a loan made. Why would anyone loan 8.5 m. ---for what. The loan officer should be fired if this really happened. Why would we be responsible . According to the meeting it will be turned over to a rental company after it is (fixed up), which we were supposed to be able to do and bring down our MTs. If we are not staying doing

our week they will rent it Who gets the rent money??? You still owe the MTs The big guy at the meeting said we shouldn't try to sue .What are they trying to sell. If someone asked about the loan or past promises, they almost got pissed and said that wasn't their responsibilty

If you want more info watch the meeting and also check out the manhattan club lawsuit on red week. Please do not pay someone to sell or give away your timeshare. If you have a personal lawyer they may be able to help.

Monroe C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 07, 2018 02:23 PM

Sep 07, 2018

Good management threats of collection concern me. It’s easy to collect from individuals just by threatening to take you to collections. I have several questions. 1.. Who is managing or has voting control Over the HOA? If Green Lake or good management, then it is no different than Interjet having control of the HOA.. The HOA then cannot sue Green Lake or good management without their approval. Therefore we have no collective recourse and will be left a battle them in collections individually. 2. Who gets the money,? Is Greenlake lending money to the HOA that may need to be repaid, and if yes, who gets credit for the rent.

So remember 1776. No taxation without representation. In this case no maintenance fees without an HOA board that represents the owners of individual timeshares in relation to the ownership units of the developer. Show me the operating agreement of the HOA where all this is spelled out and legally approved by the current timeshare owners including all of us.

As of July 25, there was no budget for repairs or replacements. There was no directive about how the funds would be applied and to whose benefit they would be applied. These are serious questions worthy of investigation by an attorney. The question is how do we organize ourselves and pay for it.

Jeff R.
Sep 07, 2018

Yes, time is running out. I don’t even know what to tell a lawyer other than to give them a call and get answers. I’m afraid we are at the point to pay it one more time and see what happens.

Linda M.
Sep 08, 2018

Hundreds of us are effected by this. It is time to look at a class action suit, but it will require someone in Missouri to get the ball rolling. If we all strand together now and NOT pay any fee’s, we will show unity. You, as a consumer, can fight anything posted to your credit. Do not be frightened by this manuver. FIGHT. FIGHT!!

Tom P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.