Timeshare Companies

AVOID VIDA Vacations (los cabos experience) at all costs!!!

Dec 20, 2012

Today I had the worst experience with a timeshare sales company in my life. VIDA Vacations, associated with Grand Mayan in Los Cabos. They did everything one fears. The woman explaining things was totally unclear about what the details were, and nothing she said gave us any comfort. She of course went way over the 90 minutes promised. Would not stop after we politely told them several times at the end we just were not interested. Then she brought in the "boss" (Frank, I think) who was aggressive and insulting, saying "you don't want to buy this? you are like those other people who give silly answers to the question about why you like to go on vacation." I finally said I was done, went to the washroom and saw a manager from earlier and asked her help. Within moments, Frank was back at our table, in our face, and the agent selling to us called us liars for not really ever having wanted to buy the time share. We asked repeatedly for the paper we could sign to get out of there and she got more and more hostile. Finally we were brought downstairs and there was a mature, calm, professional woman who at least apologized. NEVER EVER go there. EVER. It was really abusive.

Amy F.
Mar 09, 2013

We had a very similar experience in Puerto Vallarata. VERY high pressure. "Patty" from Texas was called in when we 1st refused to signup - at $199,000, he went through further long explanations about why it is clearly nonsensical to turn down this great offer! He then cut the $199k down to $89k and then called in a "special deal" from a current couple who was foreclosing after not being to continue to pay on their Vida financed loan ( this foreclosure was apparently uncommon but then it turns out only uncommon because Patty was offering it early in the day). The deal was then cut to $49k and then to $19k. I again explained I'd never make an investment without further research and thought. Patty indicated this approach was quite unusual. Tellingly, he then waved his arm around the cavernous room filled with other sales pushers, saying "see the pictures of all the people who come back" to buy after they leave - the walls were empty of photos. Hmm, wonder why people who think and research, and don't respond to the HIGH PRESSURE urgency, don't come back. Maybe this isn't so darn wonderful. Patty told us of the competition amongst the sales teams for their bonuses. When finally he quit trying (one of us had become ill) we were ushered into a room for a "debriefing" by yet another high pressure salesman who, even in the face of illness, wouldn't let us leave until he was cleared by yet another manager. All total we had 5 of the sales team pushing us about this "great deal". It is a $20 US taxi ride out of town to "Nuevo Vallarta" which Vida would finally pay if they ever let us leave. I definitely felt trapped and infuriated. My impression of Vida is a well oiled machine for making money. Their "no pressure" come on was such a lie it would be remarkable if this multi-layered deceitful sales engine didn't represent the companies ethics. Buy into or attend one of these "90 minute" presentations (for us 5 hours from leaving our hotel until we were back) at your own risk!!

Jim R.
Mar 10, 2013

Hopefully a lesson was learned here .... never, ever (no matter what gifts/money are offered) go to a timeshare presentation .... they tell you they will take only 90 minutes of your time but that 90 minutes turns into hours taking a big chunk of your vacation day away AND leaving you drained afterwards.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.