Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group?

Jul 30, 2019

You must be one of them sales guy from the resort donp196.

Noel T.
Sep 20, 2019

I have been looking throw these things for weeks trying to get some honest answers. However, time after time until the following statement:

“No entity on this earth can get you out of a legally binding contract with your signature included.”

It finally occurred to me that since I see this type of statement time after time these are clearly put there by the timeshare industry. They always imply you can do it for less but they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER

tell you how TO DO IT. Strange isn’t it

Jon R.
Sep 20, 2019

That might be true for some time shares but it is not for diamond. If you want to diamond timeshare go to eBay and you can get all you want for a dollar each.

Jon R.
Sep 20, 2019

This place is a real law firm but shady. If you look at their bbb all the reviews are in 2019 and roughly a week apart. Also a lady by the name of Irene Parker (diamond advocate fb forum) was referring all the people on her site to him. She claims her process is free knowing she's not getting anyone out so after they realize this, she sends them to Finn and he charges thousands of dollars. Well now it's claimed that he was giving her kickbacks, commissions , and a finders fee. See, lawyers are not allowed to call or use any form of phone solicitation. How perfect was this set up. He probably contacted her to make a deal. You send them my way and I will take care of you. Ie cash money. Problem is, lawyers can't split legal fees so I'm sure it's all under the table.

Diamond is suing him and it looks like she is in hot water too. Diamond is shady yes, but so is Finn law group and Irene Parker. She now Is forming a go fund me page to help pay her legal fees. Why not use the free lawyer she claims will help and she is so tight with. Her quote. Last story. I had a diamond timeshare and went through her form to fill out. It's a joke. I could tell it wasn't going to work and asked many people if they had results. No responses, but she also chimed in with how many people she helped. Well, I found a local law firm and was able to get out of mine. It took 9 months but I was out. So I go to her forum to share my experience and got blasted by her and was asked to delete my post. She told me that the law group I used wasn't approved by her. Well hell I.never mentioned who it was. She knew it wasn't Finn because she knows every client she refers. Anyway I left her fb group. I knew right then she didn't want any of her thousands of followers to maybe ask me who I used. It would have put a damper on her little side hustle. It's fine if you want to help people and refer them to a law firm, just be straight up and tell what your really doing. Truth always comes out and will eventually. Thanks

Betty

Last edited by julieb989 on Sep 20, 2019 07:24 PM

Sep 20, 2019

Mmmmm

Betty

Last edited by julieb989 on Sep 20, 2019 07:35 PM

Sep 21, 2019

Janet (or Julieb989), it seems that you have an axe to grind and Irene Parker is your target. I have followed Irene on a number of forums over the last 5 years, and have always known Irene to be a tireless advocate for timeshare victims - especially those from Diamond Resorts. She operates from her home, and does not charge people for her services. She has also published articles on "Insidetimeshare" and has recently been exposing the lack of an exit plan at Wyndham resorts in Canada.

You obviously had a falling out with Irene after some internet conversations. You have a right to "not like her." But anyone who posts a phrase like, "Well now, it's claimed that....." is going overboard. You are throwing mud by innuendo. Why don't you stop dropping your fecal matter on the internet and be happy that your unknown attorney who charged you unknown dollars got you out of the trap that you fell into with Diamond Resorts?

John I.
Sep 22, 2019

Janet, Thank you for posting false and defamatory statements. I have forwarded them to Finn Law Group. #1 the FB is not my site. It is a Facebook launched by an economics professors. It has grown to 3600 members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

I do this because of symptoms of PTSD. My best friend Jayme Simmons lived with me the last two months of her life, in fear of her husband. He shot her in the face three times in front of her two year old. I was to testify remediation but John switched his plea to guilty. He got 7 years. This is not the first time I worked full time for free. I worked for a year for free to raise money to fund my position at CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates for children in foster care. With the proceeds I raised from car shows and a grant I launched Foster Futures, a program to aid children aging out of foster care, one of our nation's high risk populations. I also designed the volunteer program working for two years for free for the Diocese of Newark, working at the Aids Drop In Center. I don't get anyone out of their timeshare. I read their complaint, direct them to contact their resort, and if dismissed with "you didn't say anything on the recorded QA" we direct them to file regulatory complaints. I have several who have been through our process helping other members, answering questions about regulatory filings. As a consequence, hundreds of disputes have been resolved. Your comments don't bother me. I consider the source. Here's a testimony from one of the over 1000 families who have contacted me. Over 100 Diamond Platinum members have contacted me. One of them said she hoped they could find a court house big enough to hold all of us. About 90 of the Platinum complaints have resolved. My dad has had the contract he was upset with rescinded leaving him with his original contract, as he wanted. I was the one who did all the contracting and emailing for him and I truly do not know if that was responsible, the notification came through his attorney. Whether it was the attorney or the emailing, etc., I have no doubt at all that your efforts have changed the climate of the topic and the industry, and in some way affected the positive outcome for my father. Teri and I will continue to support your efforts and hope that you also find some satisfaction in definitely being the person who interjected hope for a 90 year old person who was despondent and really disappointed in himself.

I've suggested Inside Timeshare publish your comments Janet. Thank you again, Irene Parker

This place is a real law firm but shady. If you look at their bbb all the reviews are in 2019 and roughly a week apart. Also a lady by the name of Irene Parker (diamond advocate fb forum) was referring all the people on her site to him. She claims her process is free knowing she's not getting anyone out so after they realize this, she sends them to Finn and he charges thousands of dollars. Well now it's claimed that he was giving her kickbacks, commissions , and a finders fee. See, lawyers are not allowed to call or use any form of phone solicitation. How perfect was this set up. He probably contacted her to make a deal. You send them my way and I will take care of you. Ie cash money. Problem is, lawyers can't split legal fees so I'm sure it's all under the table.

Diamond is suing him and it looks like she is in hot water too. Diamond is shady yes, but so is Finn law group and Irene Parker. She now Is forming a go fund me page to help pay her legal fees. Why not use the free lawyer she claims will help and she is so tight with. Her quote. Last story. I had a diamond timeshare and went through her form to fill out. It's a joke. I could tell it wasn't going to work and asked many people if they had results. No responses, but she also chimed in with how many people she helped. Well, I found a local law firm and was able to get out of mine. It took 9 months but I was out. So I go to her forum to share my experience and got blasted by her and was asked to delete my post. She told me that the law group I used wasn't approved by her. Well hell I.never mentioned who it was. She knew it wasn't Finn because she knows every client she refers. Anyway I left her fb group. I knew right then she didn't want any of her thousands of followers to maybe ask me who I used. It would have put a damper on her little side hustle. It's fine if you want to help people and refer them to a law firm, just be straight up and tell what your really doing. Truth always comes out and will eventually. Thanks

Irene P.
Sep 23, 2019

👍

Betty

Last edited by julieb989 on Sep 23, 2019 07:07 PM

Sep 24, 2019

I do not like to see misinformation on the internet, nor do I like to see censorship. With that in mind I want to respond to your comments:

"This place is a real law firm but shady. If you look at their bbb all the reviews are in 2019 and roughly a week apart."

There is nothing shady about the Finn Law Group. The timing of reviews on the BBB is hardly an indication that a law firm is shady!

"Also a lady by the name of Irene Parker (diamond advocate fb forum) was referring all the people on her site to him. She claims her process is free knowing she's not getting anyone out so after they realize this, she sends them to Finn and he charges thousands of dollars. Well now it's claimed that he was giving her kickbacks, commissions , and a finders fee."

No such claim has been made by anyone! Where are you getting this idea? There IS a claim that she was soliciting clients for Finn, but as yet it is only an unproven claim. You may or may not know it but DR is trying to shut down all exit firms and exit attorneys. Finn Law Group specializes in TS exits. Therefore they are on DR's hit list. Some bad TS exit companies have been exposed and shut down. But the only thing DR has been able to say about Finn is that he allegedly violated a confidential settlement he agreed to with DR in 2015. They are a LONG, LONG way from proving that claim and the fact that it is all they can come up with to try and shut him down, indicates he runs an honest and effective exit business.

"See, lawyers are not allowed to call or use any form of phone solicitation. How perfect was this set up. He probably contacted her to make a deal. You send them my way and I will take care of you. Ie cash money. Problem is, lawyers can't split legal fees so I'm sure it's all under the table."

On the other hand, a TS advocate that is trying to help consumers HAS to find some attorneys that are reliable. Sometimes the only recourse the consumer has requires an attorney. If you love your family Dr. and you tell everyone you know about him, are you soliciting for him? I don't know about you, but I think it is pretty common practice for people to recommend professionals if they think that individual can help others. No one accuses them of "soliciting" for the professional and God knows the professionals don't usually offer the person any kind of kickback.

"Diamond is suing him and it looks like she is in hot water too."

Irene Parker is not in any "hot water" for referring people to Finn. Since when is recommending a professional to others a crime?

" Diamond is shady yes"

You are being too generous. In my opinion, DR is much worse than "shady".

"I had a diamond timeshare and went through her form to fill out. It's a joke. I could tell it wasn't going to work and asked many people if they had results."

Many people have had good results from working with Irene Parker. But not everyone has legitimate grounds to cancel a TS contract. It's not like anyone that wants to get out can just go to IP and get their perpetual contract cancelled. So whatever your situation was, it was specific to you. You have no way of knowing how many other people, who had legitimate grounds to cancel, have been helped.

"Well, I found a local law firm and was able to get out of mine. It took 9 months but I was out. So I go to her forum to share my experience and got blasted by her and was asked to delete my post."

I don't like censorship and in fact I have a pretty long thread here about how I was censored on TUG. While most of what you have said here is incorrect, if it is true that you found an attorney that was able to help you with your TS, why don't you post that information here?

"She told me that the law group I used wasn't approved by her. Well hell I.never mentioned who it was. She knew it wasn't Finn because she knows every client she refers."

I guess you are inferring that if your atty wasn't Finn she didn't want to hear about your experience. I don't think that is true. We are always looking for information about attys that help TS consumers. I AM asking you who you used, and I would also like to know some of the facts of your case. The fact that the atty was successful may not have anything to do with his knowledge of TSs (very few attys know TS law) and I am only interested in knowing about attys that have actual TS knowledge.

"Anyway I left her fb group."

Why leave the FB and then come here to register your complaint? You should have talked about it on the FB. You should have given people a chance to weigh in on the situation.

"It would have put a damper on her little side hustle."

I really doubt if that was the case. We really need to find as many qualified attys as we can. This is partly because of jurisdictional issues. I would be wonderful to know of a good TS atty in every state. But we are a long, long way from knowing that many TS attys. I am not sure what happened on the FB page because I don't think I saw your thread. But I'm sure you know there are some bad exit companies and even lawyers out there. So I guess, if you really want to recommend the atty you used, the best thing would have been to PM Irene and tell her all about your experience. I am sure she would have been interested if there is any chance there is a good TS atty out there that we don't know about!

Susan B.
Sep 24, 2019

Thank you Susan

I have never denied that I referred to Finn, or six other law firms. I have and will continue to refer to Finn Law Group. SOLICITING implies compensation. I REFERRED to Finn Law Group and six other law firms. I have never received a penny of compensation in any way shape or form from anyone. There is nothing immoral or illegal about referring to an attorney if someone asks me a legal question I am not allowed to answer, or people at the end of their rope want an attorney. Furthermore, self-advocacy is not for everyone because some people do not have the time or temperament to self-advocate. If you are a busy surgeon, forget it. You need an attorney.

My husband is 81 years old. I am 68. It was my intention to move to Florida July of 2015, when this nightmare started, and go back to my first love - teaching piano lessons. The article published today explains what happened to thwart those plan. At freaking 52 hours a week volunteer, call my husband. He has instilled mandatory husband curfew hours from noon to 1 and 5:30 to 7 PM no timeshare calls as I am flooded with calls from desperate VICTIMS as most report unfair and deceptive sales practices.

This is the article I published today about the subpoena that is a spectacular display of whistleblower retaliation. When people wanted to pay me I directed them to make a contribution to Whistleblowers of America, introduced to me by a Navy veteran who followed our process and was able to cancel a sizeable loan following our process. I was a panel member at the Whistleblower Summit in DC in July on ethics and resiliency (like when loons take pot shots at you and try to discredit you because our Facebook does not allow solicitation)

https://insidetimeshare.com/the-tuesday-slot-49/

As far as Finn Law Group being shady, I met the senior correspondent of RedWeek at the offices of Finn Law Group in 2016.

FLG sued on behalf of 11,000 Bluegreen members challenging foreclosure on a product that is right to use. Bluegreen and two credit reporting agencies settled, and as a result, 11,000 Bluegreen members had the negative hit on their credit reduced to "settled for less" or "Charged off" or something from foreclosure, AND going forward Bluegreen cannot report as foreclosure.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151222006023/en/Finn-Law-Group-Settles-Consumer-Class-Action

I'm really busy and don't want to waste time with this nonsense, so by answering this, my time is taken away from real timeshare members with real problems. Mother Teresa was accused of improper fraternization with priests. I really need to not waste my time arguing with fence posts.

Irene P.
Sep 24, 2019

Directed at Janet not Susan the last paragraph.

Irene P.
Mar 09, 2020

So I'm actually talking with Finn Law Group. They seem very professional. What was your experience with them and WHO did you end up going with to get you out of your Diamond timeshare?? I need help!!

Thank you! Nikki

Adjust D.
Mar 09, 2020

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare !!

Don P.
Mar 10, 2020

From above - why did Julieb989 change her name to "Betty"? Seems like someone is trying to distance themselves from previous comments. Maybe "Betty" should clue us in............

John I.
Apr 30, 2020

donp196 The first thing I would do is contact your home resort and ask them to take it back through a deed back ( quit claim ). Offer to pay the next years maintenace fees and taxes. I got rid of two timeshares that way. I explained to them that I was going to get rid of them with or without their assistance and they both agreed to take them back. It was inexpensive and a safe way to dispose of them. The home resort didn't have to worry about them being bought by a Viking Ship outfit and spend thousands of dollars in lost fees and expenses only to get them back anyway. NEVER pay anyone any upfront fee to dispose of a timeshare. They are scams if they require a

We want to get out of our time share immediately can you provide more guidance on what you stated above? Did you have to get a lawyer?

Morgan O.
Apr 30, 2020

You don't need a lawyer to contact your resort . Get on the phone and make some calls and find the person that takes care of the titles . Then see if you can negotiate an exit . Unfortunately they may not be a receptive with the problems we are facing now . Keep calling them even if they turn you down the first time . The squeaky wheel gets the grease .

Don P.
May 01, 2020

I do not disagree with the above input by Don P, but I will offer some additional guidance more specific than just "contact your resort".

No desk clerk you reach by phone has any authority (and likely little or no knowledge) regarding "deedbacks". Deedback policy and practice is decided and executed (or denied) only by the resort Board of Directors; the HOA President is the "top dog" of the Board. The HOA President is not actually located at the resort, so the only useful thing that a desk clerk can tell you is the appropriate means by which to directly contact the HOA President.

My point is to make sure that you identify and reach the RIGHT person if pursuing a "deedback". Phone calls (no matter how many) to clerical staff with little knowledge (and no authority) to even address the topic at all simply will not get you where you want to go. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2020 05:33 PM

May 04, 2020

Irene Parker does not seem to be who she claims to be. She tells FB Diamond Advocacy Members that you cannot solicit or post anything about other ways to get out of your timeshare than her way! Yet, she refers to not only Flynn Law Group often and mentions their name in her posts ( primarily) who advertises getting you out of your timeshare for a fee and to Tom Tubb from Island Consulting Reality who seems to rents out your timeshare & sells for profit. What is the difference? Hmm.... it’s who Irene Parker wants you to go to? It does make one believe that there is something in it FOR SURE! If she is so on board of promoting getting out of your timeshares then why wouldn’t she allow any and all members of her FB group to post ways to do it. Irene Parker, I’m sure Flynn Law Group and all the other lawyers your group claims to work with is in the business to make money just like most other companies. Correct? Get off the soap box and give FB members the freedoms to post what they want especially when it’s legitimate information on how to solve an issue that they are having with their timeshare ownership. Oh, one last thing! Why is it that when FB member are happy with their timeshare ownership, do you or Patty Boyak BLAST them and make them feel stupid for being positive or helping another member by providing them information????? The first thing out of their mouth is “ Are you a Diamond employee?! Or “ Do you work for an exit company?!” Nope! Maybe these FB members are Diamond, Wyndham, Westgate, Lawrence Welk, Spinnaker, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and or Grand Timber Lodge owners!!! You get my point ! And really, who cares! Let all legitimate resources be available to members and not just the ones, Irene or anyone else that blasts members, potentially profit from. And more importantly, let ALL FB Diamond Advocacy MEMBERS share their stories with one another so that they may help each other.

johni116 wrote:
From above - why did Julieb989 change her name to "Betty"? Seems like someone is trying to distance themselves from previous comments. Maybe "Betty" should clue us in............

Chad R.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 04, 2020 09:09 AM

May 04, 2020

Hmmmm is right!! I have a feeling that Irene Parker may not be who she claims to be. She says you cannot solicit or post anything about other ways to get out of your timeshare than her way! Yet, she refers to not only Flynn Law Group ( primarily) who advertises getting you out of your timeshare for a fee and to Tom Tubb from Island Consulting Reality who rents out your timeshare & sells for profit. What is the difference? Hmm.... it’s who Irene Parker wants you to go to? It does make one believe that there is something in it FOR SURE! If she is so on board of promoting getting out of your timeshares then why wouldn’t she allow any and all members of her FB group to post ways to do it. Irene Parker, I’m sure Flynn Law Group and all the other lawyers your group claims to work with is in the business to make money just like any other company. Get off your soap box, Irene and give your FB members the freedoms to post what they want especially when it’s legitimate information on how to solve an issue that they are having with their timeshare ownership. Oh, one last thing! Why is it that when FB member are happy with their timeshare ownership do you BLAST them and make them feel stupid for being positive or helping another member by providing them information????? The first thing out of your mouth is “ Are you a Diamond employee?! Or “ Do you work for an exit company?!” Nope! Maybe these FB members are Diamond, Wyndham, Westgate, Lawrence Welk, Spinnaker, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and or Grand Timber Lodge owners!!! You get my point ! And really, who cares! Let all legitimate resources be available to members and not just the ones Irene or anyone else that blasts members ( Patty Boyak) potentially profit from. And more importantly, let ALL FB Diamond Advocacy MEMBERS share their stories with one another so that they may help each other.

johni116 wrote:

Chad R.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 04, 2020 09:09 AM

May 04, 2020

Susan, Diamond Members Advocacy on FB most definitely has censorship. How can you say that? It literally only promotes businesses that make money off of referrals.

Chad R.

Last edited by chadr119 on May 04, 2020 02:04 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.