Timeshare Companies

Grandview and the Excalibur Hotel

Feb 25, 2013

Last month I stayed at the Excalibur hotel and Las Vegas and I was hassled from the moment I got there until the moment I left by grandview staff trying to sell me a timeshare. I spoke with Tracy Crane and asked for a refund for my stay. She gave me so many lame excuses I can't name them all but they ranged from "everyone does it" to "you should have left the hotel" and lost the money I paid. I intend to keep calling her and the hotel until I get my refund, I will not put up with this kind of treatment

Jeff P.
Feb 26, 2013

Was this some kind of promotion IF you attended a timeshare presentation or were you merely staying there as a paid guest?

Either way in the future don't answer the phone in your room ..... resorts and hotels have messaging services for important messages AND when approached by an employee trying to sell you a timeshare tell them firmly, 'no thank I'm not interested' and walk away ... that's what most seasoned travelers do in situations like yours.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 26, 2013 07:59 AM

May 13, 2013

I was approached at the Excalibur a few years ago by the Grandview people and went to the tour. I ended up buying a tri-annual (only pay maintenance every 3 yrs!) for $5,000 that includes a bonus week every year. With the last minute vacations at RCI for $199-$249 a week I can say that the investment has already paid for itself. I have used it 8 times and always stay in luxurious apts with full kitchen instead of tiny hotel rooms. One of the best deals I've done (and I'm in real estate!)

Agnes R.

Last edited by agnesr8 on May 13, 2013 12:27 PM

May 13, 2013

I was staying there as a guest jayjay. I did say no thank you--dozens of times but I shouldn't have had to do that.

jayjay wrote:
Was this some kind of promotion IF you attended a timeshare presentation or were you merely staying there as a paid guest?

Either way in the future don't answer the phone in your room ..... resorts and hotels have messaging services for important messages AND when approached by an employee trying to sell you a timeshare tell them firmly, 'no thank I'm not interested' and walk away ... that's what most seasoned travelers do in situations like yours.

Jeff P.
May 14, 2013

jeffp343 wrote:
I was staying there as a guest jayjay. I did say no thank you--dozens of times but I shouldn't have had to do that.

That's just what they do .... hound you until you give in .... that's the negative part about staying at any timeshare resort .... the leeches that try to attach themselves to you until you give up.

R P.
May 16, 2013

Generally if you tell them you are not travelling with your spouse they will leave you alone. If they ask who the person your with just tell them its your girlfriend. You can also tell them that you recently declared bankruptcy but that is less likely to stop them, they will still hound you and ask you to lie about your income.

Tracey S.
May 17, 2013

I was traveling with my girlfriend, I told them that it didn't stop them. They still stopped me even if my girlfriend wasn't with me

Jeff P.
May 17, 2013

But you have to tell them you are married but your spouse isn't travelling with you. You have to tell them that this is a trip with the girlfriend and not the spouse. I don't think there are any places that will let you tour and receive a gift if you are married and your spouse does not attend. The body snatchers may still bother you and may ask you to lie. They may also just turn their attention to your girlfriend and try to get her to sign up.

Tracey S.
May 17, 2013

Just ignore them and walk away. They can't kidnap you and force you to attend their presentation.

Don P.
May 18, 2013

My position is that I shouldn't have to say no thank you or ignore them, I shouldn't have to deal with them at all

Jeff P.
May 19, 2013

jeffp343 wrote:
My position is that I shouldn't have to say no thank you or ignore them, I shouldn't have to deal with them at all

Maybe in a perfect world .... I don't know what you expect us to say .... it is what it is so ignore them and move on .... don't waste your valuable time and energy on them. As far as I know there's no law against these leeches hounding you .... if there was then they'd all be in jail .... they're in every area where timeshare resorts are built.

R P.
Feb 09, 2016

Just stayed there and had no issue with timeshare reps. It was as easy as ignoring them an option you surely had on your stay.

Brian Q.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.