Los Abrigados Resort and Spa

Diamond resorts take over of ixl resort RULES and SLEEZE

Apr 09, 2014

You are not guaranteed a stay at the home resort, Los Abragados--we've owned at Los AB for ten years and have NEVER been allowed to stay once. When we want to stay we are shuttled over to Bell Rock Inn ( which is actually ok digs) but it is not in town. We keep paying the maintenance fees but are never given a week at Los Ab. The old owners through ILX are out of luck and have to get at the back of the line but they keep selling timeshares there!!?? Since ILX is gone and we cannot get a week, why keep paying? I understand there was some sort of class action a few years ago that came to nothing. I think all the people who are being scammed and ripped off by time share companies should stop paying en mass and see what happens.

Catharine M.
Jun 30, 2014

Sadly, sometimes this industry is just like others...don't take a "no" from someone who can't give you a "yes" to begin with. Also, sometimes asking the same question with different phrasing gets you a different answer ; )

Dana V.
Nov 25, 2014

Susan, I am wondering if you ever got the answer to your question about Mitchell Reed Sussman?

Janet G.
Nov 25, 2014

susani67 wrote:
Has anybody had dealings with Mitchell Reed Sussman? Flat fee of $750, refundable if he can't get you out of your timeshare. Licensed in the State of California - no complaints on his CA Bar Association license or under his Real Estate Brokers license.

Susan, I'm wondering if you ever got an answer on your question about Mitchell Reed Sussman and if your problem was resolved.

Janet G.
Jan 05, 2015

So if they can't legally do business in California, if you live in California and own IXL/Diamond, can you just quit paying the maintenance fees without it hurting your credit?

Cj R.
Apr 03, 2015

I live in Canada - have never used it in the 9 years I have owned it and never will do to my age and health. How can I get out of this timeshare without being scammed. I've been scammed once for buying it and once for trying to sell it. Please help me, how can I get out of this time share? Any ideas, I'll take them. Thank you

Ronalie B.
Apr 04, 2015

all offers to get you out are scams. just tell them they can take it back or you will stop paying. there isn't much they can do. cost for them of collection etc is probably more than just blowing it off as a bad debt.

David K.
Jun 05, 2016

New developments regarding ILX/Diamond go to Redweek.com forum: Class Action against Diamond Resorts?http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?utm_medium=email&utm_source=forum-alert&utm_campaign=1&thread_id=20211&page=last

Mark S.
Jun 16, 2016

I have been working through the AZ Attorney General's office. Our complaint is that our Diamond contract states you can sell points. However, no licensed timeshare resale broker will buy or sell them due to restrictions so severe as to eliminate the secondary market. As a former licensed stockbroker, I would have never signed a contract that forced me to use only listing or transfer agents - like the ones the Florida AG shut down. Diamond's response has been that the 64 members of the Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association just don't understand the restrictions. We own Club Points which are different from other types of points - adding to the confusion. In order for the AG to do anything, you must present evidence based on fact and not opinion. The Arizona Attorney General ''s website is the most consumer and user friendly of all the AG sites I have explored. The most important thing to do is file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I know of at least three of us who have done so. The CFPB is currently investigating Westgate timeshare (Search BuzzFeed Westgate). Since they are federal, they are free from the effects of developer lobby organizations like ARDA. We owned three fixed weeks for 25 years without even one complaint and I had many timeshare sales agents as brokerage clients. They were wonderful people. My experiences at Diamond sales presentations and duped by contract misrepresentations leave me outraged.

Irene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.