Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Diamond Resort Marketing Services

Jun 12, 2013

I'm just wondering if anybody here has been contacted by http://diamondresortms.com Diamond Resort Marketing Servicess? They called me and have no up-front fee to sell your timeshare. They contacted me and I gave them my info about my timeshare. A couple of days later I got an email with an offer for my 2 timeshare weeks at Polo Towers in Las Vegas. I have a 1 Br and a 2 Br Villa there. I was offered 40k+ for both weeks. There is no upfront fee (supposedly). Anybody else dealt with them?

Rick W.

Last edited by rickw58 on Jun 13, 2013 09:15 AM

Jun 13, 2013

Other people who have dealt with them have likely been scammed. This company is showing all the hallmarks of a scam.

1) They called you unexpectedly. No legitimate reseller goes cold-calling owners of worthless timeshares.

2) They offered way above market value for your worthless timeshare. No one is going to pay $40,000 for a worthless Vegas timeshare.

They say there is no upfront fee but once they assure you that there is a deal in place, they will tell you that you have to pay some sort of tax or fee to facilitate the sale (which never will transpire).

We've heard of this scam all too often on these boards. At least you had the good sense to ask about this before proceeding with these crooks.

Lance C.
Jun 13, 2013

That's what I figured but I searched the web and found no complaints about them, that's why I asked here. Turns out they go by 2 different names, it's either Solutions or Services and they used both in the email I received.

Rick W.

Last edited by rickw58 on Jun 13, 2013 09:17 AM

Jun 13, 2013

Like Lance described their scam is to lure in with an offer that is too good to be true. They string you along and get you salavating at the price they offered and then they come up with a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction. If you are dumb enough to send them money then they come up with another " fee " you have to pay until you finally realize that you have been scammed.

They put you on the " sucker list " and you will be contacted sometime in the future by someone claiming they can recover the money you lost to the scammmers but guess what.... it's the scammers again.

Save yourself time and money and ignore them.

Don P.
Jun 13, 2013

The worse part is that they use Diamond Resort as to make an affiliation with Diamond Resorts International.

There is NO connection to Diamond Resorts International.

Charles S.
Aug 15, 2013

We were contacted also. Did you end up doing anything? We thought everything was OK, until they asked for money to pay the Mexican Federal Taxes. Made us very apprehensive.

Reid R.
Aug 15, 2013

No, they said they would send me evidence that they were legit but it never arrived. Haven't heard from them since.

Rick

Rick W.
Aug 16, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare !!!

Don P.
Oct 29, 2013

I work as a District Attorney Investigator and I have a victim who sent up front fee's to these scammers for a timeshare sales. My victim is out over $5,000. Their timeshare is in Mexico and they were contacted by a cold call. The contacts were a Robert Brooks and Jennifer Burke. These are most likely fictitious names. They sent their money to Mexico. The Company Diamond Resort Marketing Services is a SCAM. Do not deal with them. Our victim has filed complaints with the California Attorney General and the FBI. Diamond Resorts Corporation has filed a Trademark lawsuit against Brooks and Burke in New Jersey District Court.

Richard G.
Dec 03, 2013

sorry to hear that. any time you send money to mexico it GONE..

wonder how many more good people will loose money to this type of scum before they learn the "too good to be true" proverb.

just cause it sounds legit don't mean it's legit..

richardg623 wrote:
I work as a District Attorney Investigator and I have a victim who sent up front fee's to these scammers for a timeshare sales. My victim is out over $5,000. Their timeshare is in Mexico and they were contacted by a cold call. The contacts were a Robert Brooks and Jennifer Burke. These are most likely fictitious names. They sent their money to Mexico. The Company Diamond Resort Marketing Services is a SCAM. Do not deal with them. Our victim has filed complaints with the California Attorney General and the FBI. Diamond Resorts Corporation has filed a Trademark lawsuit against Brooks and Burke in New Jersey District Court.

Carl N.
Dec 14, 2013

Typical "Upfront Fee" scam: http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/06/06/crackdown-on-florida-timeshare-fraud.html

Herbert H.
Dec 14, 2013

herberth8, Cannot open the page you refer to re south florida/news

Vic M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.