General Discussion

Miller and Markez - Mexican Law Firm

Aug 22, 2013

Has anyone heard of this law firm? They called saying they are working with the Mexican court system and several timeshare scammers had their bank accounts frozen. M&M will represent U.S. timeshare owners who were scammed on a pro bono (no cost) basis. However there "may be" (translation: "will be") a Mexican court cost set by the judge. This is a new twist but perhaps someone else has heard from these folks.

Since I only lost $650 several years ago to a Texas firm who would find buyers to rent some of our weeks in Puerto Vallarta, I am not inclined to follow up even if this firm is legitimate. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ralph

Ralph D.
Aug 22, 2013

It's a scam !! They will lead you on and somewhere down the road ask for money for some sort of " fee ". Just ignore them. Be happy you only lost $ 650.00. If you get involved with them you will lose alot more.

Don P.
Nov 21, 2013

Any update from these people? They contacted us yesterday and already sent over a contract to sign to be represented for one year and supposedly has already talked to the Attorney General in Puerta Vallarta, etc.

Norman K.
Nov 22, 2013

All they want is your " upfront fee ". It's just a scam to get money from you. NEVER send money to anyone that claims they can get money back for you.

Don P.
Feb 27, 2014

We just received an email from this Law Firm claiming we are being investigated as part of a timeshare scam etc. Since we were already ripped off, can probably bet this is just a new way to try again. Has anyone gotten anything - money wise - back from this firm as they claim to have access to a pile of money.

normank25 wrote:
Any update from these people? They contacted us yesterday and already sent over a contract to sign to be represented for one year and supposedly has already talked to the Attorney General in Puerta Vallarta, etc.

Sherrie B.
Feb 28, 2014

It's a SCAM !!! Don't get involved with them or you will lose more money. They have you on the " sucker list " and will keep bleeding you for more money until you finally stop communicating with them.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 28, 2014 07:14 AM

Feb 28, 2014

sherrieb34 wrote:
Has anyone gotten anything - money wise - back from this firm as they claim to have access to a pile of money.

Wow. That sounds so much like the Nigerian Lottery or Nigerian Prince scam.

Lance C.
Apr 14, 2014

I'm getting the same information - them wanting to take it to the court and there being a filing fee.

Has anyone gotten any settlement?

Pam S.
Apr 14, 2014

http://www.millerandmarkez.com/about.html

Pam S.
Apr 15, 2014

Miller and Markez may be a formal law firm in Mexico City but their concept is a total scam, just another way to sucker you out of money. You will not see any settlement money and will only lose more of your funds. I spoke with one of their "paralegals" who was fed up with their operation and was leaving to live in Los Angeles.

If they had been court-appointed to represent victims there would be no need to pony up money them to represent you. Last week I received an email from the Sheraton Buganvilias where I own two timeshares warning of these on-going scams. Someone at the resorts is obviously selling the client lists to these firms so they can try to obtain money from you.

If you send them money and nothing happens what is your recourse? Zero! Stay away from anyone who is asking for money upfront for timeshare resales. If they are so good ask them to provide you with even one buyer on a confidential basis. They cannot do it as they have no buyers. Or, ask them why their buyers are not simply buying timeshare resales on Ebay for $1.00.

Use common sense. If it is too good to be true, it usually is a scam.

Ralph D.
Nov 07, 2014

so any news regadir this so call law firm?

Lilia H.
Nov 07, 2014

liliah9 wrote:
so any news regadir this so call law firm?

This person sums it up nicely:

http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/03/mexico-timeshare-fraud-news-march-29-2014/

J V.
Nov 08, 2014

The link said nothing found, however I checked the website looks like I dodge a bullet thank you for the info.

Gerardo M.

Last edited by gerardom18 on Nov 08, 2014 09:44 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.