Timeshare Companies

International Brokers Inc. Scam? said they have a buyer - burned before in scam?

Dec 31, 2013

janes506 wrote:
My husband has spent weeks and weeks talking to various people who say they are legitimate and our money will come within 48 hrs. Besides the time spent he has sent thousands and thousands of dollars to the "Mexican Government" to pay for Mexican fees, court decisions etc. etc. We have not seen one cent. The Fraud squad said not to send anymore money after a couple of thousand but he continued. They are good at scamming you and are relentless. Don't send any money no matter what they say.

The fraud squad told your husband some valuable information. Your husband is now on scammer's 'sucker list' ..... he will continue to be bombarded by scammers of all kinds.

R P.
Jan 03, 2014

I'm very sorry for all the people that felt on this. I was also contacted by Edward Loo, his numbers was always a toll free number and there was a lot of background noise so I thought it was VoIP number, in other words he could be calling from anywhere, I'm Mexican, I can tell his accent was not Mexican, I'm assuming they are calling from even further south. Anyway, he followed the same procedure, offered money upfront no fees. What caught my attention was that they offered me more money than the face value of the contract, why they would like to do that?? Could've they just called the time share company and buy it direct??? What really amazed me was that they had a lot of personal information, my phone, my cell phone number, etc Thanks for the information!

Gerardo R.
Jan 06, 2014

gerardor12 wrote:
I'm very sorry for all the people that felt on this. I was also contacted by Edward Loo, his numbers was always a toll free number and there was a lot of background noise so I thought it was VoIP number, in other words he could be calling from anywhere, I'm Mexican, I can tell his accent was not Mexican, I'm assuming they are calling from even further south. Anyway, he followed the same procedure, offered money upfront no fees. What caught my attention was that they offered me more money than the face value of the contract, why they would like to do that?? Could've they just called the time share company and buy it direct??? What really amazed me was that they had a lot of personal information, my phone, my cell phone number, etc Thanks for the information!

This sounds like a 'boiler room' scam operation if you heard background noise. Somewhere along the line they'll ask for an upfront fee ..... guaranteed, don't bite. No legitimate entity will tell you they'll pay you more than you paid.

Also, be aware that this may be a 'Nigerian Scam' ..... research it for more details.

R P.
Sep 26, 2021

I was recently contacted by a Eugene Evans of International Business Brokers. They say they are located in New York. I told Eugene I believe his offer to sell my timeshare is a scam but he is being persistent despite me telling him I would never send a fee in advance. He actually just sent me a referral of a happy customer.

Has anyone heard of this organization?

Gregory M P.
Sep 26, 2021

They contacted you...... it's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Sep 26, 2021

gregorymp wrote:
He actually just sent me a referral of a happy customer.

What exactly was said by this alleged happy customer?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.