Announcements

Phasing out exchanges

Apr 15, 2014

You may have noticed that our new site redesign does not include timeshare exchanges. We have decided to phase out this program, and will soon no longer be displaying Dial an Exchange’s available inventory on RedWeek.com. You are still free to view that same exchange inventory over at http://www.daelive.com.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Dec 29, 2022

We own a two bedroom timeshare at Kona Coast II, summer season. We are interested in permanently exchanging it for a timeshare in San Diego area. When you say you have phased out exchanges on your website, are you referring to weekly exchanges? Do you have any advice on doing a permanent exchange? Mary J Chapman

Mj C.
Dec 30, 2022

mjc19 wrote:
We own a two bedroom timeshare at Kona Coast II, summer season. We are interested in permanently exchanging it for a timeshare in San Diego area. When you say you have phased out exchanges on your website, are you referring to weekly exchanges? Do you have any advice on doing a permanent exchange? Mary J Chapman

I don't speak for RedWeek, but RedWeek is no longer involved in any "exchanges" of any sort (nor have they been for years now).

Statistically, the odds of your finding someone interested in a permanent exchange of exactly what you have now for exactly what you want instead are very slim (at best). You could post your interest on the TUG (Timeshare Users Group) web site, which would give you some exposure, but won't much improve your very slim chances of sucess. Good luck nonetheless.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 30, 2022 08:13 AM

Dec 30, 2022

I'm a little confused...I'm reading that RedWeek is "phasing out" exchanges, but I see RedWeek has Owners that have their week(s) posted at certain resorts and are showing Owners successful in exchanging so very recent transactions. It doesn't look like a "phase out" to me. I'm happy to see that the program is still trading owners weeks for them, when I potential party is interested, so don't get me wrong. I'm actually interested in trying to find an interest in renting/sharing my timeshare this year and would like to figure out whether this is going to get short circuited after my planned?

Sign out as, Confuscious

Kent R.
Dec 31, 2022

kentr19 wrote:
I'm a little confused...I'm reading that RedWeek is "phasing out" exchanges, but I see RedWeek has Owners that have their week(s) posted at certain resorts and are showing Owners successful in exchanging so very recent transactions. It doesn't look like a "phase out" to me.

RedWeek used to have an exchange program like RCI, Interval International (II), or Dial-an-Exchange where an owner can deposit an owned week to exchange it for another. RedWeek no longer has that. What some owners are posting is that they are able to exchange using the previously-mentioned exchange companies. They can no longer do that with RedWeek.

Lance C.
Jan 01, 2023

kentr19 wrote:
I'm a little confused...I'm reading that RedWeek is "phasing out" exchanges, but I see RedWeek has Owners that have their week(s) posted at certain resorts and are showing Owners successful in exchanging so very recent transactions. It doesn't look like a "phase out" to me. I'm happy to see that the program is still trading owners weeks for them, when I potential party is interested, so don't get me wrong. I'm actually interested in trying to find an interest in renting/sharing my timeshare this year and would like to figure out whether this is going to get short circuited after my planned?

I respectfully submit that you may be confusing owners renting out weeks they own via RedWeek with the (completely unrelated) practice of "exchanging" timeshare weeks (a practice which hasn't existed as an option on RedWeek for about seven years now).

Owners can (and routinely do) rent out weeks that they own by advertising here on RedWeek. Owners can also "exchange" weeks that they own, but "exchanging" only occurs through RCI, Interval International, 7Across (formerly known as Dial an Exchange),TPI, and a few other smaller "exchange" companies. There has not been any form of timeshare "exchanging" via RedWeek for years; any "exchanging" involving RedWeek has been completely gone since about 2015.

Back in the day (until around 2015), the "exchange" program on RedWeek was actually utilizing DAE (Dial an Exchange, now called 7Across). RedWeek members basically (even if unknowingly) were accessing the DAE "platform" operating behind the scenes on the RedWeek site for all exchanges conducted via RedWeek. That is just old news now; exchanging of any sort simply no longer exists at all on RedWeek.

I hope this helps alleviate your apparent confusion regarding "exchanging", which no longer occurs at all in any form on RedWeek.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 04, 2023 08:13 AM

Jan 02, 2023

Marriott now OWNS redweek so many changes I'm sure to come

klalaw
Jan 03, 2023

klalaw07 wrote:
Marriott now OWNS redweek so many changes I'm sure to come

I believe you are mistaken. More accurately, RedWeek was acquired by a travel-related company called Arrivia in September, 2022.

To the best of my knowledge, Arrivia, Inc. has no affiliation whatsoever with Marriott. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 04, 2023 12:46 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.