Ask RedWeek

Can you help me pick a timeshare?

Jun 04, 2014

I was researching Disney vacations when I came across DVC. While they look nice, they are pretty pricey and I doubt we want to visit Disney enough to justify the expense. That being said, I really think we may want to purchase a timeshare/club membership of some sort. We probably need a 1 BR that can sleep up to six. It's my wife & I, plus 3 kids, though sometimes it's just the wife & I. From what I've read, a vacation club with a points system (resale) would work better for us as we could use it at different destinations, etc. The beach is our destination of choice, though we also like theme parks, vegas, etc. If we need to pick a "home resort", we would probably want one on the gulf coast. We need something moderately nice at a good/fair price, but definitely doesn't have to be luxurious. We need at least enough points to cover 2 weeks. Based on all of that, can you give your recommendations? Companies, specific resorts, where to purchase? Thank you very much!

Eric W.
Jun 05, 2014

I posted a response to your post in the renting, buying thread of the forum. Rent rather than buy. You might not want to commit yourself to a life of ever increasing maintenance fees and assessments.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.