Point Systems

RCI Points Question

Jun 27, 2014

I have RCI points for this year and next year that I am not using. I have considered selling the timeshare (Didn't spend a lot anyway) because we aren't using it and I am not sure we will, but before I go full force in that direction, can someone tell me how or if I could sell my yearly points and how is the value determined? If I could sell my annual points and cover most if not all of my annual HOA's, I might consider keeping it longer. For this year, I have 27,500 points and in August, I will get another 34,500.

Any info will help me with my decision. Thanks so much.

Jo A.
Jun 29, 2014

RCI will rent points to members who need extra for $0.02 per point. Generally market value is considered $.01 per point, less if they are going to expire soon. RCI lets you transfer points to another member one time per calender year with no fee. For the second and subsequent times they charge a fee which I believe may be $100. RCI has rules against selling points -you are only permitted to "gift" to others. So with that in mind there really isn't a place to advertise you are looking to "sell" points.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.