Timeshare Companies

Has anyone used HELP4TSO

Sep 27, 2016

I am currently using them. It's been 3 years. I paid 5000. I still waiting for some good news. I did notice that I dont receive anymore monthly payments balance but there still charging me for maintenance. It's still on my credit report. Will keep you posted. I going to call them today and see whats going on.

Angela L.
Dec 05, 2016

In the summer of 2015, I made a huge mistake purchasing a timeshare with Unlimited Vacations. Granted, I should have been smarter than to fall for their unethical and deceptive sales practices; however, I wasn’t and now I am in debt of $17,000 on one of my credit cards. Obviously, I have been paying off that card so I don’t negatively affect my credit score. Basically, a month after my purchase, I tried to get out of the timeshare. I worked directly with my account manager at Unlimited Vacations. In June of 2015, my account manager emailed me a cancellation agreement; however, I would not receive a refund of $17,000. I replied to the account manager that I will not be cancelling due to the fact that I would not get a refund.

Over the next few months I became desperate and started researching timeshare exit companies, which I have found out recently that they are a bigger scam than the timeshare companies. In December of 2015, I decided to contact Carl Rash of Help4tso. During my initial conversation, I explained to him my situation including that Unlimited Vacations already sent me a cancellation agreement. He explained to me over the phone that they will do their best to recoup any or all of my monies, if not there will be a 100% guarantee return of the $2,494 he charged me for his services. At this point, I was very excited of the possibility. In completing their Help4tso’ Questionnaire I once again explained to them that Unlimited Vacations has agreed to cancel my membership and that just won’t receive a refund.

Over the next 11 months I received two dispute letters that they wrote for me to send to Unlimited Vacations. Keep in mind that I spent $2,494 for two letters that I could have written. To be honest and not to sound unprofessional but a 5th grader could have written these letters. And every time I spoke with my account manager from Help4tso, Beth McGill, she was very disorganized. I tried to stay positive but every time I spoke with her on the phone I can sense they were scamming me. The other day when I called she told me my case was closed because they were able to get my membership cancelled, which they didn’t because I still have my membership at Unlimited Vacations and didn’t receive a refund for the $17,000. At this point I became very frustrated and demanded to speak with Carl Rush about getting my refund of $2,494 because I was not happy with the service provided.

Obviously, I was a little upset while speaking with Carl but that came from frustration of being scammed. While talking to Carl he was very rude and actually called me an idiot at one point. The funny thing he stated was that I couldn’t have gotten Unlimited Vacations to cancel my membership without them, which I did several months prior to contacting him. At least with the timeshare I will get some value out of it if I keep it; however, I did not receive my monies worth from Help4tso. Their company is nothing but a bunch of scammers that should not be in business anymore. I just don’t believe it is right that these companies pry on desperate individuals like myself. I would not use this company as they are scammers. I am trying to fight for my $2494 back, hopefully I succeed if not let this be a lesson to everyone else.

Marc C.
Dec 05, 2016

In the summer of 2015, I made a huge mistake purchasing a timeshare with Unlimited Vacations. Granted, I should have been smarter than to fall for their unethical and deceptive sales practices; however, I wasn’t and now I am in debt of $17,000 on one of my credit cards. Obviously, I have been paying off that card so I don’t negatively affect my credit score. Basically, a month after my purchase, I tried to get out of the timeshare. I worked directly with my account manager at Unlimited Vacations. In June of 2015, she emailed me a cancellation agreement; however, I would not receive a refund of $17,000. I replied to her that I will not be cancelling due to the fact that I would not get a refund.

Over the next few months I became desperate and started researching timeshare exit companies, which I have found out recently that they are a bigger scam than the timeshare companies. In December of 2015, I decided to contact Carl Rash of Help4tso. During my initial conversation, I explained to him my situation including that Unlimited Vacations already sent me a cancellation agreement. He explained to me over the phone that they will do their best to recoup any or all of my monies, if not there will be a 100% guarantee return of the $2,494 he charged me for his services. At this point, I was very excited of the possibility. In completing their Help4tso’ Questionnaire I once again explained to them that Unlimited Vacations has agreed to cancel my membership and that just won’t receive a refund.

Over the next 11 months I received two dispute letters that they wrote for me to send to Unlimited Vacations. Keep in mind that I spent $2,494 for two letters that I could have written myself. To be honest and not to sound unprofessional but a 5th grader could have written these letters. And every time I spoke with my account manager from Help4tso, Beth McGill, she was very disorganized. I tried to stay positive but every time I spoke with her on the phone I can sense they were scamming me. The other day when I called she told me my case was closed because they were able to get my membership cancelled, which they didn’t because I still have my membership at Unlimited Vacations and didn’t receive a refund for the $17,000. At this point I became very frustrated and demanded to speak with Carl Rush about getting my refund of $2,494 because I was not happy with the service provided.

Obviously, I was a little upset while speaking with Carl but that came from frustration of being scammed. While talking to Carl he was very rude and actually called me an idiot at one point. The funny thing he stated was that I couldn’t have gotten Unlimited Vacations to cancel my membership without them, which I did several months prior to contacting him. If you need confirmation, I can provide the actual email Unlimited Vacations sent me in June of 2015. I can also send you all the email correspondence that took place between Beth McGill and I. I do hold myself accountable for my actions but I was desperate. At least with the timeshare I will get some value out of it if I keep it; however, I did not receive my monies worth from Help4tso. Their company is nothing but a bunch of scammers that should not be in business anymore. I just don’t believe it is right that these companies pry on desperate individuals like myself. I highly recommend you do not use them, I repeat do not use them.

Marc C.
Dec 19, 2016

Has anyone gotten out of a contract with LHVC from Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic? If so, how? Thanks!

Adrienne C.
Dec 19, 2016

adriennec54 wrote:
Has anyone gotten out of a contract with LHVC from Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic? If so, how?

I've never heard of it but... with vacation clubs (as opposed to deeded timeshares), usually you can get out of a contract by stopping paying membership dues/fees. Check your contract. It might have a provision in there to stop paying and terminate your membership.

Just remember, you do not have to pay any lawyer, law firm, or charity money to get you out.

Lance C.
Dec 20, 2016

You have a membership contract, with no actual ownership. The fact is (assuming that you live in either the U.S. or Canada) that if you simply stop paying anything further, there is absolutely nothing that some club entity in the Dominican Republic can or will do about it except to cancel your membership and terminate your future use rights and privileges.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 21, 2016 06:53 AM

Apr 01, 2017

Nakiad4, Who did you have a timeshare with? I really want out of my timeshare and welk(the owner of timeshare) is not returning my phone calls.

Uriel S.
Apr 01, 2017

uriels2 wrote:
Nakiad4, Who did you have a timeshare with? I really want out of my timeshare and welk(the owner of timeshare) is not returning my phone calls.

Please keep in mind that Nakia D posted his/her story on here nearly two years ago and I have not seen that person back on here since then.

If you want out of your timeshare here are a few points and suggestions. First, you do not have to pay any company a large, upfront fee that claims it will get rid of or "cancel" your timeshare. There are ways you can do it yourself for a lot less money. Secondly, make sure your mortgage and maintenance fees are up to date. No one is going to want to take on your timeshare if there is anything owing on it.

Third, I don't know whom you are trying to contact at Welk, but you should try to contact the Homeowners' Association. They are the ones who will be responsible for taking your unit back (if they agree to it). If you can't reach them by phone, try writing a letter to the president of the HOA and explain your situation. Maybe even say very boldly that you are not paying another penny in maintenance fees and that it would be in the resort's best interests to take your unit back amicably. The resort/HOA might require that you pay the next maintenance fee and closing costs but that would amount to a lot less than using some of these companies that claim they can get you out of your timeshare.

Also, you could try listing your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. Other good sites are My Resort Network, Craigslist, E-Bay, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If in your listing you offer to pay the next maintenance fee and closing costs, you just might find a taker for your unit.

Lance C.
Apr 19, 2017

I did it and I'm happy with the result - got rid of three Marriott units through H4TSO nearly 3 years ago. It did negatively impact my credit, but not nearly as much as I feared it would.

From your description below, i think you will have some problems, so it's best to know what you're getting yourself into.

First, you won't be able to get rid of one without having problems with the 3 others you own through the same resort. This isn't a clean process - there's no magic way to get out of the contract. You will essentially end up doing a deed-back, which is another name for deed in lieu of foreclosure. Even if your current now, the only way to get them to do a deed-back is to go delinquent. Not pretty.

Second, this definitely will not be a write off on your taxes. If you go the deed-back route, at the end of the year, you will receive a tax form (can't remember the form number) from whoever held your loan showing the amount of the loan they wrote off/'forgave'. The IRS treats that as income and you will pay tax on that money. If you do a deed-in-lieu on your primary residence, I believe in some cases you don't have to pay tax on that debt forgiveness, but timeshares are never primary residences, so plan on coughing up some extra cash for Uncle Sam. Nobody warned me about this.

Third, this took me nearly a year to complete. It may happen faster now, since timeshare companies know the drill and may just skip the fight/cut to the chase; however, then again, it may take longer or be less successful since this cancellation method has been used so much for a while now. I'm not sure which way it will go for you, but I'd plan on longer than the 4-8 weeks you say below.

The cancellation companies look at all aspects of your original transaction to see whether the timeshare company (seller) broke any laws in the process. If they did, then that is the angle they will use to get you out of it...but again, getting out of it means deed-back, which will definitely have financial and credit consequences for you.

Tanya W.
Apr 20, 2017

tanyav28 wrote:
I did it and I'm happy with the result - got rid of three Marriott units through H4TSO nearly 3 years ago. It did negatively impact my credit, but not nearly as much as I feared it would.

From your description below, i think you will have some problems, so it's best to know what you're getting yourself into.

First, you won't be able to get rid of one without having problems with the 3 others you own through the same resort. This isn't a clean process - there's no magic way to get out of the contract. You will essentially end up doing a deed-back, which is another name for deed in lieu of foreclosure. Even if your current now, the only way to get them to do a deed-back is to go delinquent. Not pretty.

Second, this definitely will not be a write off on your taxes. If you go the deed-back route, at the end of the year, you will receive a tax form (can't remember the form number) from whoever held your loan showing the amount of the loan they wrote off/'forgave'. The IRS treats that as income and you will pay tax on that money. If you do a deed-in-lieu on your primary residence, I believe in some cases you don't have to pay tax on that debt forgiveness, but timeshares are never primary residences, so plan on coughing up some extra cash for Uncle Sam. Nobody warned me about this.

Third, this took me nearly a year to complete. It may happen faster now, since timeshare companies know the drill and may just skip the fight/cut to the chase; however, then again, it may take longer or be less successful since this cancellation method has been used so much for a while now. I'm not sure which way it will go for you, but I'd plan on longer than the 4-8 weeks you say below.

The cancellation companies look at all aspects of your original transaction to see whether the timeshare company (seller) broke any laws in the process. If they did, then that is the angle they will use to get you out of it...but again, getting out of it means deed-back, which will definitely have financial and credit consequences for you.

The above tall tale is entertaining, but I'll highlight just a few of its' factual deficiencies:

1. It would never be necessary to engage (or pay) a third party to shed a Marriott timeshare (never mind three of them) if there was NO loan involved. Someone (including Marriott itself) would take it (or all three) for free --- all day long, any day of the week. The situation described is instead clearly one of DEFAULTING on a LOAN. There is a very big difference between defaulting on a loan and a mutually agreed "deedback".

2. There is no such thing as a "cancellation company" when it comes to contracts. A contract is a legally binding instrument which cannot just be unilaterally "cancelled" by one of the parties acting alone. Defaulting on a loan agreement will always run its' legal course WITHOUT any involvement from (never mind paying a penny of your hard earned money to) any obscure, unknown so-called "cancellation" entities --- including this one (...just another of far too many of them) called HELP4TSO. You'll get "help" alright; you'll be "helped" right out of a hefty upfront fee --- to no productive end, concluding with results that would and will ultimately occur entirely on their own anyhow.

3. Rest assured that any Marriott contract is airtight and professionally prepared by highly competent attorneys --- and certainly well above challenge by some obscure, third party "cancellation" company which likely doesn't even have or utilize any licensed attorneys at all in the first place. Defaulting on a loan associated with a timeshare (or any other) purchase will INEVITABLY result in foreclosure and reporting to the three major credit agencies. There is no need (or benefit) to pay some useless, obscure outfit when that process is exactly what will occur even WITHOUT their involvement in any way at any time.

4. A timeshare "deedback" is an option only when / where there is NO outstanding loan debt or unpaid fees. If there is an unpaid loan balance, then you don't yet own the deed or have clear title to "give back" in the first place. There is no negative credit report when a clean "deedback" is effected with a timeshare resort or company. Wyndham and DRI both currently have "deedback" programs. Wyndham's "Ovation" program is free, Diamond charges $250. There must be NO outstanding loan balance, nor any unpaid maintenance fees balance on the owner account in order for a "deedback" to be accepted.

What tanyav28 has described above is not a "deedback" at all, but a description of defaulting on a loan and its' obligations, then witnessing the inevitable consequences. Any such loan default, followed by foreclosure, would get reported to the credit agencies.

The bottom line here is that if someone is going to default on a timeshare (or any other) loan or the contractual obligations of their timeshare ownership, there is absolutely no benefit nor any need to involve (or pay) ANY third party entity. Default and foreclose will still inevitably occur, with or without paying any such "third party". Foreclosure where no loan was involved and defaulted may not get reported to the credit agencies. Defaulting on any loan will always get reported to the credit agencies. It's really all just that simple.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 21, 2017 04:58 AM

Apr 20, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
May 22, 2017

I’m not sure where these positive reviews are coming from. But nothing they say is real. They say that they have A+ rating with BBB and it clearly states that THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED. I have been conned out of over $1800 by this company. “To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.” They are clearly not Accredited but in their documents, they give you the illusion that they are accredited. After discovering that they were not who I thought they were. I tried cancelling their services and what an ordeal. It’s like dealing with the crime lords. They went as far as threating me. I reported them to the FBI and the local police. If anyone have similar complaints, here is the information need to file your complaint with the FBI. Internet Crime Complaint (ic3.gov).

Leandrew D.
Jun 08, 2017

How do you no its a scam

Bob C.
Jun 09, 2017

bobc500 wrote:
How do you know its a scam?

You are of course always free to believe whomever / whatever you choose.

That being said, the simple and straightforward fact and the plain, unvarnished truth is that there is NO magical escape route from a valid contractual obligation into which you have freely and voluntarily entered, unless the other party overtly agrees to release you from that contractual obligation. Period, amen.

If you want to believe (and pay) ANY "relief / exit / release/ escape" entity in order to learn this expensive lesson for yourself the hard way, go right ahead. A fool and his money are soon parted, as that old saying goes. Forewarned is forearmed. Anyone's FIRST effort should ALWAYS be to find out if the resort HOA will accept a "deedback". If so, that's the easiest, cleanest, quickest and least expensive avenue by which to part with a timeshare ownership. Don't pay obscure, useless "escape" charlatans just making empty promises.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 09, 2017 07:31 AM

Jul 12, 2017

Hi I used them also and my timeshare was gone along with harrassing calls and letters in about 8 months. However they took money for the travel club and I never got access to it. Did you have a similar experience?

Diane S.
Dec 04, 2017

Yes I used them to help me get out of my timeshare, they lied to me, how can I get my money back, I think they scammed me to ,how can I get my money back

Mee X.
Jan 03, 2018

meex2 wrote:
...they lied to me, how can I get my money back, I think they scammed me to ,how can I get my money back

Scammers are not in the habit of returning money to those they have scammed. I am very sorry that you fell for the "pitch", but that money is now unfortunately just plain GONE.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 03, 2018 06:14 AM

Apr 16, 2018

Did it work? Were you able to get out of your mortgage with the resort?

susanb1458 wrote:
They say they guarantee 100% or money back. This is not to sell my timeshare, but to get rid of the mortgage and that it is a write off on my taxes. They say the mortgage will be forgiven in 4-8 weeks. I have had my timeshare for less than one year. I own 3 other timeshares at the same ressort that I want to keep, just want to end this one. Thanks for your help.

Nicole W.
Apr 17, 2018

nicolew312 wrote:
Did it work? Were you able to get out of your mortgage with the resort?

Let's be very clear here. NO obscure, upfront fee "escape / relief / exit / release" operation on Planet Earth has any magical powers to make a (voluntarily contracted) loan obligation disappear, no matter how much you may want to believe otherwise.

There is an old saying that "A fool and his money are soon parted". Don't choose to become someone who once again proves that old saying to be true and accurate.

If you give these people money, there is not a snowball's chance in Hades that you are going to get a dime of it back either. Don't flush perfectly good money down the toilet!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 23, 2018 11:26 AM

May 22, 2018

Did you have success?

Lacy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.