Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Best Broker to Sell RCI

Dec 23, 2014

I'm looking to sell my RCI timeshare and was wondering if there are any brokers that are more recommended than others.

I know that there are a few that I definitely shouldn't do business with but, I just wanted to know if there are a few standouts that I should be contacting.

Thank you.

David D.
Dec 23, 2014

davidd1002 wrote:
I'm looking to sell my RCI timeshare and was wondering if there are any brokers that are more recommended than others.

Go to ltrba.com which has a list of reputable licensed brokers who take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale.

Keep in mind that these brokers charge a minimum $1000 commission and most timeshares are not worth that much. The brokers there can give you honest guidance and tell you whether it is worth it for you to use a broker.

If they advise you that your unit is worth a lot less than $1000, then try listing it yourself here on RedWeek. Other good options to list are E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"), Bidshares, and My Resort Network. You can also try Craigslist but keep in mind that most responses to ads there are just spammers and scam artists.

Also, TUG has a Bargain Deals section where you can list for free that you simply want to give your unit away. Just follow the instructions at the top of that page.

Whatever you do, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Upfront fees are scams! And of course watch out for companies that claim your timeshare is worth tens of thousands of dollars (because it's not) and can broker a deal if you pay upfront.

Lance C.
Dec 23, 2014

There are very few timeshares that are worth using a broker. I think the minimum might even be closer to $1500-$2000 in commission. 90% of timeshares are worth less than $500 with many be worth $0 or less. The only RCI timeshares that might be worth using a broker would be platinum Hilton weeks and a very few upscale beach or ski weeks with low MF's that can easily and regularly be rented out for 2 times the MF's or more.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.