Timeshare Companies

Can multiple timeshare weeks be used and given away during the same calander week so I can vacation with friends

Dec 26, 2014

Im looking into a timeshare at the royal playa del carmen. Ive been there several times and know what to expect. the one Im looking into says 80 floating red season weeks available within RTU. My question is if I buy and want to give a couple weeks to friends so we can all go at the same time is that doable? Also- Can weeks be used to upgrade room catagories? It also says the maintenance fee is $299 only when used. If I don't go for 10 years then what? No fee's? What if they say i can upgrade with weeks like 3 weeks for an ocean front room. Would I pay $299 for the one week I would actually be there in an ocean front room or $299 for each week I used to upgrade? Are there any current owners out there willing to rent say 3-5 suites of their timeshare to accomplish this instead of me buying? There has to be a reason why everyone is looking to sell their timeshares..... Any insight would be great. Hidden fees, costs..etc.

Lance R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.